NAP OF THE DAY

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Re: HORSE RACING CHALLENGE : NAP OF THE DAY

Post by HarryofOz »

Sedgefield 3:50 Kingrullah 5 EW
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
Azkal
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Azkal »

Sedgefield 1.35 Masters Apprentice £5 ew
Azkal
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Azkal »

I will be off the radar for a while, (been confined to Hector's care home), so will put on tomorrow's NAP now.

Friday 15th Cheltenham 12.40 Soupy Soups £5 ew

Will try to put on Saturdays comp if I manage to wriggle out of BB's bed cuffs, however if unable to, I don't mind taking a 25 quid hit in order to appease the more competitive of our brethren ;-)
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

It's not about being competitive, it's about fairness as players could win competitions by default

We introduced certain rules which is often the case in competitions in any walk of life.

Some players on here think the penalty should be higher.

The rule needs to be scrapped as it doesn't seem to apply anymore

Internet signals are much more efficient worldwide nowadays, in fact the worse broadband is here in the UK especially in the back of beyond
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

1964white wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:20 am It's not about being competitive, it's about fairness as players could win competitions by default

We introduced certain rules which is often the case in competitions in any walk of life.

Internet signals are much more efficient worldwide nowadays, in fact the worse broadband is here in the UK especially in the back of beyond
It doesn't have to be in the back of beyond. I will be attending a clinic at St James' Hospital late this morning and they don't like giving the WiFi pasword out, as it can affect their internal systems (It is poor anyway), and there is no 3G coverage, never mind 4G, with certain providers, like mine.

Anyway to be democratic, we will put the question to our players.

Do you want players. even if they have a valid reason and have informed me of a period of time that they will be off-grid, should be punished with a standard £25 fine. This is valid for the Saturday comp only, and not the Daily NAP comp (otherwise BB would be in negative all year). Yes or No. ?

I will take it that Azkal and 64 are in the Yes category. I am in the No category.
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

I think the Saturday comp rules should stay as they are.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Gandalf wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:44 am I am in the No category.
So why introduce the rule in the first place ?

Just a couple of ideas to consider :

It's all about organising oneself by posting up ones selections up on a Friday

OR

if there is a problem text each other as I have done with you & others in the past.

I had to text Ges a few weeks ago as I'd forgot to post up one of my football competitions.

I'm often in touch with players via text whom participate in the Mega-song poll in an effort to keep the contest moving & not becoming stagnant.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Gandalf wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:44 am It doesn't have to be in the back of beyond. I will be attending a clinic at St James' Hospital late this morning and they don't like giving the WiFi pasword out, as it can affect their internal systems (It is poor anyway), and there is no 3G coverage, never mind 4G, with certain providers, like mine.
Good luck this morning :tup:

Your line referring to BB was a cracker :rol:
Mrs64
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Mrs64 »

Rules are rules

YES
Azkal
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Azkal »

1964white wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:20 am It's not about being competitive, it's about fairness as players could win competitions by default

Oh dear Butler what have I done. Having seen a couple of comments when H was on his annual leave, I thought that I would try to keep the peace and sanity by taking a penalty fine rather than declaring that I may not be able to participate and getting a by.

There are numerous locations around the globe where communications are zero, as there are a few professional roles where coms are a big no no during certain times. My circumstances meet both of the highlighted criteria.

As a matter of clarity, has anyone ever won the monthly Saturday comp by default? If this was the case then surely common sense would prevail and the runner up would, I assume, take the monthly title.

I have no issue with the way the comp is currently run, it’s just a bit of fun, I don’t take it too seriously, and I have a life outside this forum.

As stated, it’s just a bit of fun for me, apply what penalty you feel is fitting if you wish.
Azkal
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Azkal »

Gandalf wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:44 am It doesn't have to be in the back of beyond. I will be attending a clinic at St James' Hospital late this morning and they don't like giving the WiFi pasword out, as it can affect their internal systems (It is poor anywahy), and there is no 3G coverage, never mind 4G, with certain providers, like mine.

Anyway to be democratic, we will put the question to our players.

Do you want players. even if they have a valid reason and have informed me of a period of time that they will be off-grid, should be punished with a standard £25 fine. This is valid for the Saturday comp only, and not the Daily NAP comp (otherwise BB would be in negative all year). Yes or No. ?

I will take it that Azkal and 64 are in the Yes category. I am in the No category.
NO, I will do my best not to win by default or otherwise. History will show that I am true to my word. 😉
gessa

Post by gessa »

Now this is a conundrum, more often than not folk will lose more weeks than they win, so missing say 4 weeks, in those 4 you'd possibly only be in profit 1 of those, so missing out and not getting a penalty means you're at an advantage. On the other hand, no one misses out on purpose, the other week I was in Wales, the wi fi wasn't working and the service there is deplorable, I missed 1 of the daily naps because the family were ill and there was no way that I was driving a 10 mile round trip to a place I could get a signal, being the daily nap it wasn't a big problem. I would have had to put up with the penalty if it was a Saturday, I probably lose more than £25 most weeks anyway😁😁.
So all in all I'm on the fence. But if I'm pushed I'd say Yes.
gessa

Post by gessa »

Taunton 3.40 Templepark £10 win
1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:41 am Now this is a conundrum, more often than not folk will lose more weeks than they win, so missing say 4 weeks, in those 4 you'd possibly only be in profit 1 of those, so missing out and not getting a penalty means you're at an advantage. On the other hand, no one misses out on purpose, the other week I was in Wales, the wi fi wasn't working and the service there is deplorable, I missed 1 of the daily naps because the family were ill and there was no way that I was driving a 10 mile round trip to a place I could get a signal, being the daily nap it wasn't a big problem. I would have had to put up with the penalty if it was a Saturday, I probably lose more than £25 most weeks anyway😁😁.
So all in all I'm on the fence. But if I'm pushed I'd say Yes.
Spot on Ges :tup:
Mrs64
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Mrs64 »

Clonmel 1.40 Burlesque Queen £5 ew
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Ludlow 2.55 Marble Moon £5 ew
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Taunton 3.05 Floral Bouquet £5 e/w

Lots of valid points made on NRs for Saturday comps. Personally, I'm ambivalent as it's only a bit of fun and I'm not hung up on winning the competitions, I just enjoy the craic. Will go with the flow
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Cheltenham on Saturday, folks
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

I am afraid that we will have to suspend the NR debate, as I am being re-admitted to hospital again to have an op on my other leg. It means that a sub(s) will be needed to do the results for an undisclosed time until I am back in action again. Could be a while though.
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

Ludlow 4.00 Longhouse Signora £5 ew