The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thur 7th Nov) - Radrizzani in Paris? QSI Takeover Talks Intensify

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thur 7th Nov) - Radrizzani in Paris? QSI Takeover Talks Intensify

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Morning. Its Thursday 7th November, and here are the Leeds Utd headlines...

Radrizzani flies to Paris for takeover talks

Andrea Radrizzani, flew to Paris last night, not only to attend Paris Saint-Germain’s Champions League match against Bruges but for further talks with Nasser Al-Khelaifi, regarding what seems like an accelerated push by QSI to agree to a takeover at LS11. The Qatar based Investment company value the club at £51.6-68.8m, which is a long way off Radrizzani's expectations when you take into account the Leeds squad is valued at 61.65m alone, and that is before you take into consideration Elland Road or goodwill.

The Leeds Chairman remains is in the driving seat however as he has two other very interested parties, an owner of an Italian club and a United States-based Leeds fan of immense wealth. Are QSI trying to push a takeover through before Christmas so they can invest heavily in January?

Henderson - I was on the verge of joining Leeds

Blades (and now England) keeper Dean Henderson has been talking to Sheffield Utd's official website about how he almost joined the Whites in the Summer of 2018 instead of them.

Every club in The Championship were after me at the time. I’d been down to Leeds, and it looked as though I was signing there. Bristol City were very keen as well, and then my agent rang me and said that Sheffield United had been on the back burner. I said to him ‘Why haven’t you told me?’, because I really wanted to go there. The gaffer rang me, we spoke on the phone for an hour, and to be honest I was walking there before I even put the phone down. I was just buzzing to come to Bramall Lane. It has been the best decision of my career so far.

Henderson went on to become their player of the season. What difference would Henderson have made to our season?

If YOU could choose any two Championship players....

Should a proposed takeover be completed before the New Year, if you could choose any two players from the Championship to sign, who would they be and why?

dezzy
Manager
Manager

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thur 7th Nov) - Radrizzani in Paris? QSI Takeover Talks Intensify

Post by dezzy »

I really hope Radz is going getting some money through the door. But I doubt that reported QSI valuation of Leeds will do much to tempt him. Radz is the best owner we have had at this club in a long long time, for all those who knock him who was our last owner that was better for the club?
But he’s taken us as far as he can, which is to be a team who are in with a massive chance of going up, but you would think if we could spend 10-15m in January we’d be champions with games to spare
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
gessa

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thur 7th Nov) - Radrizzani in Paris? QSI Takeover Talks Intensify

Post by gessa »

dezzy wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:16 am I really hope Radz is going getting some money through the door. But I doubt that reported QSI valuation of Leeds will do much to tempt him. Radz is the best owner we have had at this club in a long long time, for all those who knock him who was our last owner that was better for the club?
But he’s taken us as far as he can, which is to be a team who are in with a massive chance of going up, but you would think if we could spend 10-15m in January we’d be champions with games to spare
Yes, the knockers ought to remember it was 4 years ago today that Steve Evans was appointed our manager.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Morning folks.

When it comes to looking at the financial value of the club any prospective investors will,have their accountants pourvover the books.

Yes the squad may be valued at x amount.
Yes the stadium and TA may be valued at x.
But what Leeds financial obligations?
I read it costs £40m a year to run the club.
Do we make a profit? No.
Leeds have an operating loss running at £20m a season. So any prospective investor has to look at not only the price tag attached to the club, but how much it is going to cost them going forward.
I know it is easy for us thinking these consortiums have billions to throw around and maybe they do, but they dont think that way.

Henderson. No, goal keeping errors didnt put us in the play offs, lacking investment in January did.
Last edited by Irish Ian on Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Henderson - Shmenderson
Dreams are built looking forward to what will be not looking backwards to what might have been.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

QSI/Radz

He was definitely in Paris last night, that Lawyer mate of his showed pictures of him at thw Stadium.

I hope we get QSI in pre January, either investment with a view to takeover in the summer or full takeover. Preferably option 1 because although im not Radz's biggest fan i think he does deserve one more chance to be the big I am in charge if we get promoted (he would love that). He has seemingly made us a better run business tbf to him. However, if its a choice between Radz and QSI i pick QSI because i dont think Radz can take us any further without their help.

He wanted minimum investment and maximum return and that has limits. We need a cash injection for January and someone with the means to take us back to the top table in the future, money talks in football now. Having said all that i still believeRadz cant afford to sell us outright as a Championship club and therefore something has to change before the summer or we will be in a mess.

Henderson.

He may be telling the truth, he may not. We know we were after a goalie in the summer of 2018 but didnt get one so who knows.

Championship player.

Hmm i will go for Eze at QPR.

And Mateus Pereira at WBA.
Last edited by Cjay on Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

gessa wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:28 am Yes, the knockers ought to remember it was 4 years ago today that Steve Evans was appointed our manager.
Yikes!!
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

Bowen and Mitorvic would be my two players
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

dezzy wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:09 pm Bowen and Mitorvic would be my two players
Yes they would be a good addition.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

dezzy wrote:Bowen and Mitorvic would be my two players
Deffo !

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Irish Ian wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:15 pm Yes they would be a good addition.
My two as well

Cairney in midfield would be a decent acquisition too

All three better than what we have in our squad
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

dezzy wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:16 am I really hope Radz is going getting some money through the door. But I doubt that reported QSI valuation of Leeds will do much to tempt him. Radz is the best owner we have had at this club in a long long time, for all those who knock him who was our last owner that was better for the club?
Assuming Bielsa played them early enough
Assuming they don't wreck the dynamic
Assuming they're better than 15 M Costa
Assuming they settle into the system

I personally don't believe money equals 100% guaranteed promotion...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

faaip wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:08 pm Assuming Bielsa played them early enough

It’s sport. You can’t assume anything but 1or 2 good signings would add much needed solidity to our squad, giving us a better chance than we already have and I think we’d walk the league with two players Bielsa would want, I think you’d agree it would certainly help
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

faaip wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:08 pm Assuming Bielsa played them early enough

Given MB never does January signings any we make he must feel will make an immediate impact therefore imo they would play early enough and fit the style because MB would only accept players who do.

Hence why Eddie hasnt had a start and Izzy Brown never started and Baker barely featured etc. They werent players MB wanted and he had to he convinced of them (or in Browns case never was).

If we make signings in January MB wants they will play like Kiko did and like Dan James would have i think.

Money guarantees nothing but as MB himself has said, he only wants players better then we have and those players cost money.

If MB saw a player he wanted and he was better then we have currently then thats good ?
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I'd have said Costa would have been the catalyst, that hasn't happened yet. New player/s in in Jan, It's maybe late Feb before they're integrated assuming Leeds fans haven't gotten on their backs yet
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

faaip wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:04 pm I'd have said Costa would have been the catalyst, that hasn't happened yet. New player/s in in Jan, It's maybe late Feb before they're integrated assuming Leeds fans haven't gotten on their backs yet
True
Doire_Boi
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Doire_Boi »

A January signing wouldn't start a game until March under MB
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Doire_Boi wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:16 am A January signing wouldn't start a game until March under MB
Probably the reason why we may miss out again!

Our challengers will make an effort to improve their squads believe me, we're in a league of our own when it comes to the January window, should have gone up last season had we not p*ssed about

Villa & the Blunts made the necessary additions to their squad to make it to the prem whilst we just stood still even though the writing was on the wall last Christmas relying on the pretence of the injury-prone/unfit Izzy Brown to get us over the line, was never gonna happen !

Season was over after that Wigan defeat, some told me to believe with the Brentford away just round the corner :shock: we got smashed as I expected

In the end I was right, never fancied us after the January fiasco!

Our defence is holding us together this season, we need more attacking options
Doire_Boi
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Doire_Boi »

1964white wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:52 am Probably the reason why we may miss out again!

Our challengers will make an effort to improve their squads believe me, we're in a league of our own when it comes to the January window, should have gone up last season had we not p*ssed about

Villa & the Blunts made the necessary additions to their squad to make it to the prem whilst we just stood still even though the writing was on the wall last Christmas relying on the pretence of the injury-prone/unfit Izzy Brown to get us over the line, was never gonna happen !

Season was over after that Wigan defeat, some told me to believe with the Brentford away just round the corner :shock: we got smashed as I expected

In the end I was right, never fancied us after the January fiasco!

Our defence is holding us together this season, we need more attacking options
Have to agree, White and Philips are the reason we are where we are.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Doire_Boi wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:53 pm Have to agree, White and Philips are the reason we are where we are.
God help us if one of those two suffer a serious injury