Bunch of whiners

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Bunch of whiners

Post by 1964white »

mothbanquet wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:42 pm 99% of the time social media is a negative force in our lives, and I personally think I'm being generous even then. I know for a fact most don't even really believe half the crap they post about, it's all just about wanting to fit into groups, cliques or collectives - the echo chamber as its known. And negative emotions provoke a far stronger reaction within us than positive ones, resulting more often than not in very polarised extreme opposite camps.

Football's no different than anything else in this world, we nail our colours to the mast and follow our tribe. But then social media creates those stark extreme divides even within our own fanbase. What should be a spectrum of banter and opinion becomes a war of two sides, and as I said it's all a facade because we know many of them are shedding any moderate opinions they have just to fit in with their chosen collectives. Being largely anonymous and distant makes it easy to do this.

Give me this place any day. We might not always agree on everything but we can on some things, and if not then that's that. Much more civilised state of human interaction.
:clape: :supbo:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:56 pm Who would play Leon in the film?
I don't fancy being a film star ;-)
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

So many muppets on Twitter, I have never been bothered with it. We sign up loads of youngsters and sadly some slip down the pecking order. Was Sarkic really anywhere near the starting line-up, was he slipping down the pecking order for the U23s? If we sign 20 youth and 1 makes it that is probably successful as such a lot won't and if they are 3rd or 4th choice in their position for the U23s I don't think they are about to suddenly step into the first team so it is better to let them move on and if we can get a fee which helps to fund the academy then it is all good.
Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager

Post by Mick Jones shoulder »

1964white wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:13 pm Well I've predicted Leeds to win the championship so things can't be all that bad

I do believe we could win it in a canter if we had another experienced CB & a 25 a season goalscorer however as long as we are promoted that is all that matters.
This
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Only read Twitter to gather information these days

Can't stand Facebook generally full stop.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

hector wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:19 pmBollox :) :)
mate ..whatisname has hacked your account
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:56 pm Who would play Leon in the film?
Well I thought Rowan Atkinson
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:15 pm Well I thought Rowan Atkinson
Isn't Rowan Atkinson a funny man :lol:
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

He can act too ..
joelufc20
First Team
First Team

Post by joelufc20 »

I am in the minority then. We are weaker this season compared to last season. Radz is a bullshiite merchant who is only interested in profit. Squad was weak in depth last season and seems worse now. We do need a CB and a striker. But hey ho we own the ground and have a pink and fluffy kit now.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

REST IN PEACE GARY SPEED LEEDS UNITED LEGEND

[url}http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/gallery ... n-pictures[/url]
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

joelufc20 wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:07 am I am in the minority then. We are weaker this season compared to last season. Radz is a bullshiite merchant who is only interested in profit. Squad was weak in depth last season and seems worse now. We do need a CB and a striker. But hey ho we own the ground and have a pink and fluffy kit now.

How are we weaker?

Show me the profit that Radz has made.

No worse in depth than last year - look at the position strength threads.

We could do with another striker, but I feel like we'll see Costa and Harrison central at times if pre-season is anything to go by.

Didn't notice the faux-fur on the kit, but that has to be a USP - not seen it tried before.
gessa

Post by gessa »

faaip wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:15 pm Well I thought Rowan Atkinson

Richard Wilson, surely
paddy parrott
Manager
Manager

Post by paddy parrott »

Auditions surely for Baldrick...!
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

faaip wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:50 am MOT is the best balanced Leeds fan portal out there....it's really all a Leeds fan
needs online
This place, plus the Square Ball, Phil Hay and a couple of others.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Phil Hay gets reported here, Square Ball is Leeds only?
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

faaip wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:47 am Square Ball is Leeds only?
Yes. I enjoy the podcasts and articles. Much of it is free, plus there's some subscriber only stuff. It's generally well informed and humorous.

I recommend the podcasts, if you haven't tried them. The most recent is an interview with Graham Smyth, who's replaced PH at the YEP. They're doing new post-match reports this season too, following the popularity of the 'griefcast' after the playoff semifinal.

https://www.thesquareball.net/category/tsbpodcast/
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

leic white 63 wrote:never mind facebook or twitter , there's a few on here can make my piss boil .

;-)
Pmsl ,Image

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

joelufc20 wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:07 am I am in the minority then. We are weaker this season compared to last season. Radz is a bullshiite merchant who is only interested in profit. Squad was weak in depth last season and seems worse now. We do need a CB and a striker. But hey ho we own the ground and have a pink and fluffy kit now.

Tbf to Radz (and i am no fan and hope he sells up soon and think he will).

He has never pretended to be this benevolent investor with pots of cash, he does like to pretend to be the big i am and make grand statements and never deliver however.

But Radz is what was expected imo, a business man trying to invest as little as possible to get a large return.

No surprises.

Dont know if the squad is weaker, definitely isnt stronger imo.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

SaraM wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:07 am Yes. I enjoy the podcasts and articles. Much of it is free, plus there's some subscriber only stuff. It's generally well informed and humorous.

I recommend the podcasts, if you haven't tried them. The most recent is an interview with Graham Smyth, who's replaced PH at the YEP. They're doing new post-match reports this season too, following the popularity of the 'griefcast' after the playoff semifinal.

https://www.thesquareball.net/category/tsbpodcast/
TSB are really good - Twitter account certainly worth a follow.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

You seen this on Twitter now...