Bunch of whiners

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
herefordbornleedsboy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Bunch of whiners

Post by herefordbornleedsboy »

Not referring to anyone on here. The vast majority what i see on here is very well reasoned and balanced.
But flicking through facebook and Twitter i cannot believe some of the negativity i have seen regarding our club.
People slating radz about us selling Oliver Sarkic.
Talking about 'the firesale'.

Is it just me or does this wind other people up too?
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Re: Bunch of whiners

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Don't look on the Leeds Facebook groups they seem pretty poisonous.

Only followe a few key Leeds account on Twitter but started following more people recently and some of the comments are ridiculous, people @ing Radz with all sorts of s**t.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

MOT is the best balanced Leeds fan portal out there....it's really all a Leeds fan
needs online
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

faaip wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:50 am MOT is the best balanced Leeds fan portal out there....it's really all a Leeds fan
needs online
It is :)
......and it is :)
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator

faaip wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:50 am MOT is the best balanced Leeds fan portal out there....it's really all a Leeds fan
needs online

That's going on the poster!
leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

never mind facebook or twitter , there's a few on here can make my piss boil .

;-)
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Well I've predicted Leeds to win the championship so things can't be all that bad

I do believe we could win it in a canter if we had another experienced CB & a 25 a season goalscorer however as long as we are promoted that is all that matters.
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

needs online
Agreed, look elsewhere and it would boggle your mind
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
herefordbornleedsboy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by herefordbornleedsboy »

Glad its not just me then.

Seriously there was talk of a fire sale. Jansson aside we havent lost any first teamers. Madness.

Glad i found this place.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator

herefordbornleedsboy wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:39 pm Glad its not just me then.

Seriously there was talk of a fire sale. Jansson aside we havent lost any first teamers. Madness.

Glad i found this place.

But, but, but, Sam Dalby scored a hat-trick against Red Bull Leipzig's U19 team!
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:13 pm That's going on the poster!

Are you making a movie then?

MOT the movie..

Starring 64 White, Sara M and featuring Hector in his most villainous role to date - Meme Man
Last edited by The Subhuman on Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

99% of the time social media is a negative force in our lives, and I personally think I'm being generous even then. I know for a fact most don't even really believe half the crap they post about, it's all just about wanting to fit into groups, cliques or collectives - the echo chamber as its known. And negative emotions provoke a far stronger reaction within us than positive ones, resulting more often than not in very polarised extreme opposite camps.

Football's no different than anything else in this world, we nail our colours to the mast and follow our tribe. But then social media creates those stark extreme divides even within our own fanbase. What should be a spectrum of banter and opinion becomes a war of two sides, and as I said it's all a facade because we know many of them are shedding any moderate opinions they have just to fit in with their chosen collectives. Being largely anonymous and distant makes it easy to do this.

Give me this place any day. We might not always agree on everything but we can on some things, and if not then that's that. Much more civilised state of human interaction.
Last edited by mothbanquet on Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I respect you all ...
LUFC_BOS
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by LUFC_BOS »

Great post Moth, summed it up :tup:
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator

mothbanquet wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:42 pm 99% of the time social media is a negative force in our lives, and I personally think I'm being generous even then. I know for a fact most don't even really believe half the crap they post about, it's all just about wanting to fit into groups, cliques or collectives - the echo chamber as its known. And negative emotions provoke a far stronger reaction within us than positive ones, resulting more often than not in very polarised extreme opposite camps.

Football's no different than anything else in this world, we nail our colours to the mast and follow our tribe. But then social media creates those stark extreme divides even within our own fanbase. What should be a spectrum of banter and opinion becomes a war of two sides, and as I said it's all a facade because we know many of them are shedding any moderate opinions they have just to fit in with their chosen collectives. Being largely anonymous and distant makes it easy to do this.

Give me this place any day. We might not always agree on everything but we can on some things, and if not then that's that. Much more natural state of human interaction.

:tup: :tup:
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator

faaip wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:42 pm Starring 64 White, Sara M and featuring Hector in his most villainous role to date - Meme Man

Who would play Leon in the film?
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

I've not felt more positive about Leeds in over a decade... everything pointing in the right direction.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator

Genghers wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:11 pm I've not felt more positive about Leeds in over a decade... everything pointing in the right direction.

You need to get with the programme;

- Bielsa is overrated
- Orta is useless
- We are selling all our youth players who are going to be future superstars
- The new kits are awful
- We have sold all our best players
- We haven't signed anyone
- Radz is skimming money off the club because he's a massive fraudster
hector

Post by hector »

faaip wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:44 pm I respect you all ...
Bollox :) :)
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

Genghers wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:11 pm I've not felt more positive about Leeds in over a decade... everything pointing in the right direction.
Looking at Arsenal buying Nicolas Pepe, another Bielsa product no less, and I think that even after Bielsa's gone we'll still be feeling the benefits of his influence for a long time if only for the players he'll have produced from youth level. Clarke's gone for just under 10mil this season, Phillips is priced at 30mil, who knows how much we might get for Bogusz or Shack this time next year?

Yes, it'd be great to ideally keep these players but if we can't do that realistically, the extra funds can only help whichever manager comes next (and our raised profile will make us a more attractive option for decent coaches) get us out of this Championship quagmire.

Things are different in many ways now to what they've been in the last 15 years and in a lasting, tangible sense. I honestly believe that our club is on the slow road to recovery at long last.