2019/20 Transfer Rumours & Discussion Thread

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: 2019/20 Transfer Rumours & Discussion Thread

Post by The Subhuman »

just checked a couple of sites and he is listed as a left back, no idea where he played for Harrogate but it sounds like he played CB
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

faaip wrote:Been an issue since Bielsa arrived IMO, can't be helped and if we can't bury the hatchet then we move on
The hatchet has been well and truly buried... in the back of pontus's skull.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Croatian media reporting that we have had a £3.5mil bid for Ivan Sunjic rejected, Dinamo Zagreb see him as a key player and it will take a lot more money.

Social media went a bit nuts with someone claiming they had seen Rotherham cb/dm Semi Ajayi at Thorp Arch.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

I don't know anything about Sunjic other than he appears to be highly regarded by Zagreb, is he worth more than we have reportedly offered?

Again, can anyone enlighten, I've never heard of him?
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

lufc1304 wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:19 am I don't know anything about Sunjic other than he appears to be highly regarded by Zagreb, is he worth more than we have reportedly offered?

Again, can anyone enlighten, I've never heard of him?
Dont know much about him really but he is the current Croatia U21 Captain and a full Croatian international.

To get in to the Croatia side he must have something about him.

He has also won titles and trophies in Croatia and Inter have apparently been watching him for ages.

Can play as a Dm or a box to box or a number 10 apparently.

I'd imagine given all that he is worth a lot more then £3.5mil if players like Lloyd Kelly and our own Kalvin Phillips are worth £10,15,20mil he has to be worth more then £3.5mil?
Signed

King Cjay

lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Cjay wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:55 pm Dont know much about him really but he is the current Croatia U21 Captain and a full Croatian international.

To get in to the Croatia side he must have something about him.

He has also won titles and trophies in Croatia and Inter have apparently been watching him for ages.

Can play as a Dm or a box to box or a number 10 apparently.

I'd imagine given all that he is worth a lot more then £3.5mil if players like Lloyd Kelly and our own Kalvin Phillips are worth £10,15,20mil he has to be worth more then £3.5mil?
Thanks for that, Cjay. Perhaps the sort of player we should be looking at, especially since Bielsa likes young players he can mould. The offer does seem a little derisory if the likes of Inter are interested in him. Maybe just an opening salvo from us?
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

lufc1304 wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:22 pm Thanks for that, Cjay. Perhaps the sort of player we should be looking at, especially since Bielsa likes young players he can mould. The offer does seem a little derisory if the likes of Inter are interested in him. Maybe just an opening salvo from us?
Sounds a talented lad and worth a risk given his versatility.

Zagreb are good at bringing through these youngsters, Modric came from them few others.

If they rate him he is probably decent.

Inter have apparently been watching him since last year.

For the right price why not?
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Football Insider reporting Phillips has rejected the clubs opening contract offer and that is is "a long way of what KP wants".

Could be just nonsense but did find it odd the club clearly fed Phil Hay the KP stuff, dont usually do that just get a thing on the clubs website "such and such has signed a new deal".
Signed

King Cjay

SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:44 pm Football Insider reporting Phillips has rejected the clubs opening contract offer and that is is "a long way of what KP wants".

Could be just nonsense but did find it odd the club clearly fed Phil Hay the KP stuff, dont usually do that just get a thing on the clubs website "such and such has signed a new deal".
Here we go. Cue a £5m bid being accepted and the club selling the whole "he didn't want to stay" bullshit as usual.
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

SG90 wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:56 pm Here we go. Cue a £5m bid being accepted and the club selling the whole "he didn't want to stay" bullshit as usual.
Not many negotiations end after a first offer, Phillips will be looking to get close to the top earners at the club, can’t imagine his current contact is too big, so there will be a massive jump in wage.
I wouldn’t be surprised if they started negotiations a few weeks ago and he’ll be signed up very soon. The Leeds board room is a hard place to get information. Or, as my first thought when I heard he was in negotiations, is this them letting us down gently that they’ve accepted a bid and that he’d be gone within a week,
Or it could be just be the first offer and his agent put it out there for fan rage to put pressure on Radz to accept what they want. Who knows, all the media have ate half truths, misinformation or just plain made up guf.
I used to never belive something until Phil hay tweeted, but he’s kinda gone of the radar now he left his job, where has he gone to btw if anyone knows?
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
Brader
First Team
First Team

Post by Brader »

Hi Everyone - Its been a long time since ive posted but im back now. (long story as to me going AWOL but im ok)

Personaly i think the pontus stuff isnt as big as the twitter army are making out, it looks to me that he thought he was the main man, and wasnt a fan that bielsa took the fans attention away from him. He was even on the record using the worlds "main man" - Im not surprised he fucked off the other squad members if he was talking like that tbh. Its a low price - but if he was going to be 3rd potentially 4th choice in bielsas eyes - then I suppose you can only accept whats offered.

Phillips being absent from the kit launch has caused abit of a flurry for some people - Im waiting to see what happens at the away kit launch - as it makes sense to have the big names split over the two - captain will always be front and centre for the home kit, as its what you want ( BPF being in the home kit also makes me think he could be number 1 this season). Hes also been discussing his contract this week so it could just simply be hes not had time for media dutes, or theyve wanted to take some of the heat from his shoulders - I know it wasnt widly talked about but i know a friend of a friend of his (Booo fake ITK boooo) and i know throught them he was struggling alittle bit with the weight of expectation. Hes also been spending alot of time on PR duties at local hospitals and school teams etc, so he could be on a full calendar .

Im really hoping thats the reason anyway - rather than the 30 million villa rumours. IF he does go - for that price being properly re invested - it might not be the end of the world if we could find a good replacement + one more real quality player. (sorry - please dont shout at me - im trying to play devils advocate)

I think this seaon will be a big one for shackleton - the better talent than clarke iMO - so im really keen to see what he can do. I also think well see alot from jack harrison, he only got better as the season progressed and i think now hes got some understanding of the league and its fitness / strength requirements, well see a much iproved player.

ANyway - Love xx

lets stay positive - i cant f**king stand twitter at the moment.
gessa

Post by gessa »

Nice to see you back Brader.
Brader
First Team
First Team

Post by Brader »

Good to be back my dude.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Welcome back Braders
WhiteRose
First Team
First Team

Post by WhiteRose »

I think we have all been Leeds fans long enough to know what to expect next. Roofe and Phillips will be sold due to contract issues - probably get 15 for Phillip's and 5 for roofe. Assuming every one answers their phones Last minute replacements will be parachuted in on deadline day and the not feature for the first team for a number of months.

I fear and of course hope I'm wrong that It's not going to be the promotion push we all hoped for and should things go as I expect you have to wonder why radz hasn't sold up if he cant finance the club properly.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

welcome back Brader, nice to see a rational calm post
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

WhiteRose wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:18 pm I think we have all been Leeds fans long enough to know what to expect next. Roofe and Phillips will be sold due to contract issues - probably get 15 for Phillip's and 5 for roofe. Assuming every one answers their phones Last minute replacements will be parachuted in on deadline day and the not feature for the first team for a number of months.

I fear and of course hope I'm wrong that It's not going to be the promotion push we all hoped for and should things go as I expect you have to wonder why radz hasn't sold up if he cant finance the club properly.
Did you not read the last sentence of Brader's post?
WhiteRose
First Team
First Team

Post by WhiteRose »

Genghers wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:43 pm Did you not read the last sentence of Brader's post?
I did and I appreciate the sentiment but does brader's comment bring the discussion to a close? I hope I am wrong and just mentally preparing myself for the worst is all, we all know how these things go though with leeds.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

WhiteRose wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:18 pm I think we have all been Leeds fans long enough to know what to expect next. Roofe and Phillips will be sold due to contract issues - probably get 15 for Phillip's and 5 for roofe. Assuming every one answers their phones Last minute replacements will be parachuted in on deadline day and the not feature for the first team for a number of months.

Agreed....my thoughts. Sick and tired of it all!
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Genghers wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:43 pm Did you not read the last sentence of Brader's post?
Personally I can excuse Leeds fans being cynical Tom, it does seem we draw the short end of the stick every season particularly during transfer windows, the list of quality playing going out easily outweighs the quality coming in

I keep insisting this was the season to build on what we have not dismantle the squad

I'll be sick as a parrot if Kalvin leaves the club, I'm praying he remains at Leeds