Pontus Jansson

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Sell our Swede on the cheap.

Post by SG90 »

gessa wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:36 pm This is out there now, he says no to Brentford, and I'm pretty sure there will be other offers to follow.
Hay and Pope are confident he will be gone by Monday, so he's obviously accepted the move.

They can't play the "more money" argument either, as Brentford won't be bigger payer than us.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Save our Swede?

Post by 1964white »

SG90 wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:21 pm Plus 3 years left on his contract. :roll:
Heck I forgot about his three year contract

I suspect a team such as Norwich will come in & up the ante
gessa

Post by gessa »

faaip wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:38 pm

I've no idea what's behind this, but then nor does anyone else here.
Exactly, only people at the club know but it doesn't stop it all being one person's fault it appears.
I heard something today, which if true makes perfect sense why this as come out now.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

you tease you
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Someone on twatter claiming Maupay will come on loan as part of the deal :lol: :lol:
gessa

Post by gessa »

SG90 wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:40 pm Hay and Pope are confident he will be gone by Monday, so he's obviously accepted the move.

They can't play the "more money" argument either, as Brentford won't be bigger payer than us.
Really not sure why someone who is regarded by fans and by himself as a top quality player would accept a move to Brentford, as it's clear to everyone he's better than that.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

gessa wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:46 pm Really not sure why someone who is regarded by fans and by himself as a top quality player would accept a move to Brentford, as it's clear to everyone he's better than that.
What if he has no choice? Brentford would be a stepping stone move for a big transfer in January imo.
gessa

Post by gessa »

SG90 wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:47 pm What if he has no choice? Brentford would be a stepping stone move for a big transfer in January imo.
Why would teams come in for him from Brentford in January, yet not come in for him now. Makes no sense. Again I repeat in the days of player power,of course he has a choice.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

gessa wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:50 pm Why would teams come in for him from Brentford in January, yet not come in for him now. Makes no sense. Again I repeat in the days of player power,of course he has a choice.
Maybe he's damaged goods from the public shaming.

No disrespect to Brentford, but I can't see Pontus getting pumped by their fans like he did with us.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Didn't we do a whole British players are expensive, foreign players are cheaper logic somewhere else..plus age, he's not 18 which apparently is the most expensive age, he's 10 years older ...so more money off
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
gessa

Post by gessa »

SG90 wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:57 pm Maybe he's damaged goods from the public shaming.

No disrespect to Brentford, but I can't see Pontus getting pumped by their fans like he did with us.
Public shaming?
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

SG90 wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:22 pm Do you lot seriously believe Pontus wants this move? He has no choice but to take it.
He may not want the move but if he wasn't part of MB's starting plans in August then he would soon be demanding a move.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

gessa wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:00 pmPublic shaming?
Noel Whelan's comments the day after Derby. His brother has been at it with Whelan on twatter as well.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

weasel wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:01 pm He may not want the move but if he wasn't part of MB's starting plans in August then he would soon be demanding a move.
But not to another club in the same league, especially with less fans. Jansson lives off the crowd.
gessa

Post by gessa »

SG90 wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:03 pm Noel Whelan's comments the day after Derby. His brother has been at it with Whelan on twatter as well.
So you think an ex player spouting off would lessen the value and make clubs less interested in an obvious talent. It's more likely the rumours of his attitude is to blame, football is a small world and other clubs soon get to hear things.
Denman
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Denman »

weasel wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:14 pm I can't believe all the guff, I repeat guff and I don't repeat that word lightly, being spouted by people saying we will be selling him on the cheap - the simple fact is unless there are lots of teams queueing up you can't drive the price up. It is hardly like Brentford are offering £5m and an unnamed club are offering £10m but we are going to sell him for the £5m - we will sell him to the highest bidder simple as that whether the highest bid is a bag of sherbet or £10m.

If Bielsa wanted him to stay then the club would be looking to keep him, it is hardly like Bielsa is saying keep him and Radrizanni is just seeing the £ signs.
We don’t have money to burn. If the price isn’t right don’t sell him.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Just coming home to read all this.

Apologies if it is already covered.

£5.5 is probably half of what he is worth.

But why sell for so little? He has been quarantined away from the squad so there is no hope of discord.

We have until the end of the window to get rid. We will have no trouble whatsoever selling him. None.

Losing him for the playoffs cost us a trip to Wembley I reckon and losing him again could cost us a top six slot.

This is madness. Halme leaves the other day and now this? How much will it cost us to replace him?
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

SG90 wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:05 pm But not to another club in the same league, especially with less fans. Jansson lives off the crowd.
Well if no other clubs are prepared to bid for him then his choice would be bench (at best) or move to a club that wanted him. I'm sure he would rather go to a premiership club and if one came in for him now he'd be happy to move.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

gessa wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:25 pm So you think an ex player spouting off would lessen the value and make clubs less interested in an obvious talent. It's more likely the rumours of his attitude is to blame, football is a small world and other clubs soon get to hear things.
It's funny that Bielsa said he was our best player, then we lose to Derby and all we hear is he isn't a team player, he wants out, he's greedy, he thinks he's bigger than the club etc. an obvious tactic that he was going to be sold. All I saw was a player who got the club, loved the fans, the fans loved him, showed passion and turned down big money to stay here. I think it's shameful that they're trying to get us to turn on him. But I for one won't. I know who is to blame and I'm gutted it's ended like this for Pontus.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Brentford have finished above is in 3 of the last 5 seasons.

Why are we strengthening them?

They have gotten as close to promotion as we have the last 5 years and on average finished higher.

Gutted Pontus is going and this may be the first time MB has truly upset the fans if its truly his choice.

If we end up struggling early doors and Brentford dont just watch the fanbase turn.

Only way this deal looks good is if we are getting one of Brentfords top lads for a cut price but thats highly unlikely.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom