QSI In Talks With Radz (Phil Hay Update)

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: QSI In Talks With Radz

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 12:21 pm Thats the way the world is though and it always has been.

Millions of poor people die all over the world because the rich dont care enough to stop it, its the same in England as well its the same everywhere.

Thats not something that is unique to Qatar or the Middle East, America, China, Russia, England, it goes on everywhere even in so called developed countries like ours.
We may as well give up on any success then Cjay :(
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 12:17 pm Because im sick of being the poor relation, be 30 next year, i was 14 when we were relegated, all those years of potless chancer after potless chancer trying to make a quick buck out of our club while many other "smaller" clubs laugh and walk past us.

Radz has done his best, i give him that, but he is for all intents and purposes the same as the rest, a bloke who wants to make a quick buck out of the club, he has done better then the others i suppose but the end result is still the same, we get passed by and sell key players.

If we ever hope to be a success again (think of our older fans from the Revie years having to live through the last 15 years, it must be a living nightmare), its bad enough for our younger fans but most of us havent known it any different for long anyway.

If ever we want to be a top side again, not a lower league joke or a mid table Premier league nobody, but one of the best in the land up near the top trying to win things then we need huge backers with funds and connections and all sorts.

I want to see a successful Leeds side, winning trophies and titles, thats never going to happen under Radz and owners like Radz, we as a fanbase have suffered for years, havent you had enough?

For what its worth i dont understand these fans saying "yeah id rather be non league then take the Qatari money", its a grand statement but i bet they wouldnt if it became a reality.

IN an ideal world a local businessman who was a Leeds fan would come along with billions of pounds and invest and make us succesful, but that isnt going to happen.

I dont agree with how the Qataris go about things, same for all the dodgy rich people in the world, of which many are tied up in Football, but their politics isnt my concern, i cant change it, LUFC is my concern.
You're the same age as me then, so you'd have seen the O'Leary team and remember it well. So why would you want us to make the Champions League via the financial doping route when we've done it through our academy? To me that isn't success, it's tainted and goes against everything football should be.

I don't really care for clubs who've bought their way up, Brighton, Bournemouth etc. The footballing bubble is about to burst due to overspending and clubs like us will benefit as we've lived within our means rather than being bankrolled and reliant on TV money or sugar daddies.

I'd rather Radz sold a stake to Steve Parkin or Russell Crowe if he needs more money. They are Leeds and they get what the club is about. Or even the 49ers as they already own a stake and seem decent people.

How much boardroom unrest would there be with Radz, 49ers and PSG all wanting a say?

These people have nothing to do with us and are using us to sportswash all the corruption they are involved in. We should stay well clear.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

1964white wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 12:28 pm We may as well give up on any success then Cjay :(
I get the feeling some of our fans would take a takeover from Fred West or Jimmy Saville if they were billionaires. :verysad: :cry:
joelufc20
First Team
First Team

Post by joelufc20 »

1964white wrote: Without proper investment we are fooked as far as competing with the big boys

Some of our fans are deluded if they think the current crop of all our U23's are capable of that sort of excellence, lets face it out of the kids that came out of our academy only James Milner & Danny Rose have played regularly for top four premiership teams. Delph rarely gets a game for Citeh these days
Totally agree. Some fans are quite happy sitting in the 2nd teir. I remember us winning the league in 92 and mostly competing for a top 5 finish through the 90s. This current setup is garbage and has been since relegation. If the qataris want to throw some money at us I'm all for it. If they don't invest in us they will invest in someone else anyway.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

REST IN PEACE GARY SPEED LEEDS UNITED LEGEND

[url}http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/gallery ... n-pictures[/url]
joelufc20
First Team
First Team

Post by joelufc20 »

SG90 wrote: Human right abuses
Slavery
Stoning of gay people
Treatment of women

Who wouldn't want that at our club? :love:

For what it's worth, I wouldn't want an oil billionaire from the US, China taking us over either. The immense pride in our club over this season has been because we did it with little investment, just great coaching and young talent. It would feel hollow doing it with a team of PSG mercenaries kicking out our youth and spending obscene sums of money.
The we will continue to be s**t

REST IN PEACE GARY SPEED LEEDS UNITED LEGEND

[url}http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/gallery ... n-pictures[/url]
Doire_Boi
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Doire_Boi »

SG90 wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 9:41 am No we made a £4m loss. We're sustainably run and nowhere near dying. That's why this hurts, because we are finally heading in the right direction yet fans would be so happy to see us lose the club's soul.
Maybe the £20mil was the season before.. even running at a 4mil loss every season isnt going to acheive anything.. with an investment we could at least keep our team from last season which i believe would win the league this time around.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Cjay wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 12:21 pm Thats not something that is unique to Qatar or the Middle East, America, China, Russia, England, it goes on everywhere even in so called developed countries like ours.
No disagreement with you there.

It seems that there are two issues which are being conflated: 1) the morality/ politics of being associated with a regime like Qatar, and 2) the satisfaction or otherwise of being a club that buys success.

With point 1, it's not enough to just say, it happens everywhere, turn a blind eye. You have to look at the specifics and decide where you draw the line. If that line is crossed, then point 2 becomes irrelevant.

You haven't responded to the point about suppression of fan criticism; would that not concern you?
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Wonder who the other parties are? :duno:

We were on the verge of something special, Radz let that pass him by.

If he stubbornly refuses to accept help then he is playing a very dangerous game.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 12:28 pm We may as well give up on any success then Cjay :(
If we are hoping for a billionaire owner with an angel background then yes :(
Signed

King Cjay

Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Cjay wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 1:30 pm If we are hoping for a billionaire owner with an angel background then yes :(
Even local business fan owners* don't guarantee success, look at Stoke and Derby.
Last edited by Sara on Sun May 26, 2019 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

joelufc20 wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 1:08 pm The we will continue to be s**t

Where do you draw the line then? Also what happens if they take over and we still continue to be s**t?
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

SG90 wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 12:30 pm You're the same age as me then, so you'd have seen the O'Leary team and remember it well. So why would you want us to make the Champions League via the financial doping route when we've done it through our academy? To me that isn't success, it's tainted and goes against everything football should be.

I don't really care for clubs who've bought their way up, Brighton, Bournemouth etc. The footballing bubble is about to burst due to overspending and clubs like us will benefit as we've lived within our means rather than being bankrolled and reliant on TV money or sugar daddies.

I'd rather Radz sold a stake to Steve Parkin or Russell Crowe if he needs more money. They are Leeds and they get what the club is about. Or even the 49ers as they already own a stake and seem decent people.

How much boardroom unrest would there be with Radz, 49ers and PSG all wanting a say?

These people have nothing to do with us and are using us to sportswash all the corruption they are involved in. We should stay well clear.
Doubt Crowe has the money needed, he himself would probably need a backer. And Parkin was getting his backing from China wasnt he? A place with an appalling human rights record.

I dont trust the 49ers tbh, they like Radz want minimum investment and maximum return, i dont see them as any different from Qatar except the Qataris would probably invest a ton of cash.

If reports are to he believed Radz will stubbornly hang on anyway.

Id love to succeed like we did before but we spent tons of cash then to, and football has moved on, teams cant have long term success like that anymore, like Ajax are being, like Monaco were, they get pillaged.
Signed

King Cjay

Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

* I don't mean businesses that own fans.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

SaraM wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 1:24 pm No disagreement with you there.

It seems that there are two issues which are being conflated: 1) the morality/ politics of being associated with a regime like Qatar, and 2) the satisfaction or otherwise of being a club that buys success.

With point 1, it's not enough to just say, it happens everywhere, turn a blind eye. You have to look at the specifics and decide where you draw the line. If that line is crossed, then point 2 becomes irrelevant.

You haven't responded to the point about suppression of fan criticism; would that not concern you?
Absolutely yes it would.

But until it happens or indeed if it happens i would be happy to give the Qataris or any new investor/ owner the benifit of the doubt at first same as i did Cellino and Radz.
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

SaraM wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 1:34 pm Even local business fan owners don't guarantee success, look at Stoke and Derby.
Done better then we have over the last 15 years.

Although i do agree they arent what i would say are successful but we areas far from a successful football club as every other EFL team.
Signed

King Cjay

SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

SaraM wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 1:34 pm Even local business fan owners* don't guarantee success, look at Stoke and Derby.
Derby are appallingly run and Stoke reached their shelf life really. Clubs like that don't have the support to move beyond mid table PL.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Some fans seem to think the answer to all our trouble is some magical billionaire throwing large sums around. This isn't Jack & the Beanstalk. Regardless of how wealthy the owner is, we still have to meet ffp restrictions.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Imo the only reason this doesnt happen is arrogance on Radz's part.

Always hoped he would do what was best for LUFC, whatever you think of the Qataris our future would probably be much brighter with them then with Radz in terms of success as a football club.

So if Radz turns the Qataris down then he has to show he is serious about us getting promotion next season, he needs to invest.
Signed

King Cjay

1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 2:07 pm Imo the only reason this doesnt happen is arrogance on Radz's part.

Always hoped he would do what was best for LUFC, whatever you think of the Qataris our future would probably be much brighter with them then with Radz in terms of success as a football club.

So if Radz turns the Qataris down then he has to show he is serious about us getting promotion next season, he needs to invest.
Exactly, no fannying about this time. Radz has probably one more season with Marcelo in charge.......make good use of this opportunity or leave it at your peril !

Farcical watching these so called affluent men walking around in their flash suits p*ssing about in the wind, just like our politicians I suppose!
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

I wonder what Marcelo would think about QSI investment or ownership. He's a principled guy, maybe he's hesitating because he doesn't want to be associated with it.