QSI In Talks With Radz (Phil Hay Update)

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Denman
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Re: QSI In Talks With Radz

Post by Denman »

Cjay wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 10:56 am Radz will probably not sell anyway because he is stubborn and a little bit delusional.

If the Qatari people did takeover then they would ensure success, they just would, no way they would allow themselves to be owners of an unsuccessful club. It wouldn't happen over night but it would happen.

As for the bad side of them, human rights and stuff thats bad but Russia, China, Egypt and the USA were highlighted for human rights breaches by Amnesty International in their last report.

So thats Liverpool, Villa, Wolves etc.

The Man City owners to.

Its terrible what goes on but it happens all over the world.

Radz took us to a country in the midst of a Genocide where at least 10k people have been murdered, it was funded by a guy whose very wealth is down to very close links to the very people behind that genocide, he did that to benifit himself, not Leeds FC.

So i dont see how we can say "oh no no bad Qatar investors dont want those".

But then be like yeah ok Radz is good when some of his money is earned on the backs of the murders of thousands of innocent people.

I fully expect this to come to nothing and we will remain skint but as far as LUFC are concerned i just want us to be successful again and if the owners invest in the club and make that happen then I'm all for them.
Must say I also have serious doubts this will amount to anything substantive. But equally the story provides a modicum of hope that we might actually get some proper investment in the squad commensurate with this league and within the FFP rules if it comes off. I won’t be holding my breath however!
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Irish Ian wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 7:50 am Dont you get what is happening here?
"But why not us? Stay please, have a sheeps eyeball, we bought them epsecially for this occasion.."
" No thanks, I don't like your badge"

Oh and by the way we are bringing in another finance group from the Middle East that has vast experience
in Football management they are the private equity group GFH Capital, perhaps you have heard of them?
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

SG90 wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 11:01 am Yes but it was sporadic really and unless you were around for the Revie era, you haven't really seen a dynasty at the club. I see supporting Leeds, like supporting Newcastle, passionate fans who love the club, rather than supporting the club because we are successful. It's not like being a Man Utd or Liverpool fan who supported them because they were the best at the time. Not sure how their fanbases would cope going through what we have.
Like me there are 1000's of us old codgers still attending matches since the Revie-era.

I for one count myself very lucky to have seen all our best years & yes I do feel sorry for our young fans who have experienced nothing more than disappointment

I would take some glory again in a heartbeat, our loyal fans deserve better than what has been served up over the last fifteen years.

If we emulated the likes of Man City who are without any doubt are the best premiership team ever I'd be in seventh heaven :-D
1964white

Post by 1964white »

SG90 wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 11:01 am Yes but it was sporadic really and unless you were around for the Revie era, you haven't really seen a dynasty at the club. I see supporting Leeds, like supporting Newcastle, passionate fans who love the club, rather than supporting the club because we are successful. It's not like being a Man Utd or Liverpool fan who supported them because they were the best at the time. Not sure how their fanbases would cope going through what we have.
Do you seriously think the majority of Man U & Liverpool who attend matches don't come from those respective cities ?

Leeds apparently have a fan base of around 300,000 globally, I have loads of friends are who weren't born in the city or even in Yorkshire. We are just like our Lancashire counterparts to a certain degree !
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

SG90 wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 11:05 am Not one fan supported that tour and he got pelters for it and rightly so. Even the Commons got involved ffs, it brought nothing but bad press on the club. I thought it was disgusting that he was using our club to line his coffers and after that, I lost all respect for him.
So is your only isue with the Qatar stuff that you think we would become "soulless"
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Denman wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 11:11 am Must say I also have serious doubts this will amount to anything substantive. But equally the story provides a modicum of hope that we might actually get some proper investment in the squad commensurate with this league and within the FFP rules if it comes off. I won’t be holding my breath however!
Without proper investment we are fooked as far as competing with the big boys

Some of our fans are deluded if they think the current crop of all our U23's are capable of that sort of excellence, lets face it out of the kids that came out of our academy only James Milner & Danny Rose have played regularly for top four premiership teams. Delph rarely gets a game for Citeh these days
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

1964white wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 11:32 am Do you seriously think the majority of Man U & Liverpool who attend matches don't come from those respective cities ?

Leeds apparently have a fan base of around 300,000 globally, I have loads of friends are who weren't born in the city or even in Yorkshire. We are just like our Lancashire counterparts to a certain degree !
Yes they do, however they are a team you support if you want to see trophies lifted and be successful, I wouldn't say that is the same with Leeds, unless you were around for the Revie era. In my lifetime, we've won the League, but I was 2 so wasn't around to see it, and then had the O'Leary era. Other than that, it's been nothing but misery. When I see scum fans whinging because they missed out on a top 4 place it winds me no end. But I wouldn't swap Leeds for that. I just don't see where the excitement would come from.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

SG90 wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 11:05 am Not one fan supported that tour and he got pelters for it and rightly so. Even the Commons got involved ffs, it brought nothing but bad press on the club. I thought it was disgusting that he was using our club to line his coffers and after that, I lost all respect for him.
The point I was trying to raise is it seems that all such dissent has been suppressed at PSG, with fans being banned and sued for criticising the owners. How's that going to go down at Leeds?

These global corporate entities are selling an image of themselves, that's the only reason they get involved in football. This is the corrupt and disgusting world we live in.

I know it happens everywhere, but I don't have to lend it my support. Speaking out against human rights abuses is more important than a team winning at football.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 11:43 am So is your only isue with the Qatar stuff that you think we would become "soulless"
Human right abuses
Slavery
Stoning of gay people
Treatment of women

Who wouldn't want that at our club? :love:

For what it's worth, I wouldn't want an oil billionaire from the US, China taking us over either. The immense pride in our club over this season has been because we did it with little investment, just great coaching and young talent. It would feel hollow doing it with a team of PSG mercenaries kicking out our youth and spending obscene sums of money.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Denman wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 11:11 am Must say I also have serious doubts this will amount to anything substantive. But equally the story provides a modicum of hope that we might actually get some proper investment in the squad commensurate with this league and within the FFP rules if it comes off. I won’t be holding my breath however!
I dont doubt its genuine, i dont doubt the Qatar interest, i dont doubt that if they really really want it to happen then it will, they could give Radz a very healthy profit using the small change down the back of the sofa.

But ive read our owners have messed this sort of thing up atleast 2 times before (big money investors came calling but got messed around and backed out), i think Radz is to stubborn and naive and wont sell and the Qatar lot will just go and buy someone else.

Good things dont happen to us :(
Signed

King Cjay

SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

SaraM wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 11:46 am The point I was trying to raise is it seems that all such dissent has been suppressed at PSG, with fans being banned and sued for criticising the owners. How's that going to go down at Leeds?

These global corporate entities are selling an image of themselves, that's the only reason they get involved in football. This is the corrupt and disgusting world we live in.

I know it happens everywhere, but I don't have to lend it my support. Speaking out against human rights abuses is more important than a team winning at football.
Completely agree.

I honestly would rather be non league as we are than cheer on a "successful" Leeds pumped with blood money.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

SG90 wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 11:48 am Human right abuses
Slavery
Stoning of gay people
Treatment of women

Who wouldn't want that at our club? :love:

For what it's worth, I wouldn't want an oil billionaire from the US, China taking us over either. The immense pride in our club over this season has been because we did it with little investment, just great coaching and young talent. It would feel hollow doing it with a team of PSG mercenaries kicking out our youth and spending obscene sums of money.
You know Radz made some of his money through the middle east? If you traced his wealth back you would probably find it came from all sorts of unsavory places. I dont agree with what goes on in the Middle East and places like that but bad things happen all over the world every day no matter who owns us.

We failed mate, we failed, we achieved nothing, we are back to square 1, Radz is going to sell key players, same as we have done every year for over 10 years.

We dont even know if he can afford to keep Bielsa.

Would you be so against it if the alternative is Bielsa leaves, Phillips leaves, Roofe leaves, Clarke leaves, because those are all very possible.

Or how about all that happens, Qatar buy Derby after they fail to get up and they get promoted next season while we fail again?

Arent you fed up of being a club used as a byword for failure?
Signed

King Cjay

Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

SG90 wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 11:50 am I honestly would rather be non league as we are than cheer on a "successful" Leeds pumped with blood money.
Ditto.
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

1964white wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 11:32 am Do you seriously think the majority of Man U & Liverpool who attend matches don't come from those respective cities ?

The thing is City at home have zero atmosphere, I don’t think that will ever be the case at Elland Road. How many kids in Leeds are wearing Man city tops? Loads. I bet you they all ‘kind of like leeds’, were their second team, can you blame them?
Radz has built a club with great structures in place, has put the club back into the community with players making various visits and all the other stuff that’s being going on.
I think he’s taking the club as far as he can and that’s making us a top six club, I think he wants to take another shot taking us up and will be surprised but happy if he sells
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 11:56 am You know Radz made some of his money through the middle east? If you traced his wealth back you would probably find it came from all sorts of unsavory places. I dont agree with what goes on in the Middle East and places like that but bad things happen all over the world every day no matter who owns us.

We failed mate, we failed, we achieved nothing, we are back to square 1, Radz is going to sell key players, same as we have done every year for over 10 years.

We dont even know if he can afford to keep Bielsa.

Would you be so against it if the alternative is Bielsa leaves, Phillips leaves, Roofe leaves, Clarke leaves, because those are all very possible.

Or how about all that happens, Qatar buy Derby after they fail to get up and they get promoted next season while we fail again?

Arent you fed up of being a club used as a byword for failure?
I've said several times before I don't like Radz and what he stands for. He is greedy and is using us to make himself a profit. He has no morals about where money comes from either.

The Bielsa money came from the 49ers and the fans filling the ground every week.

Why can't we get a bit of investment without having to sell our souls for it? PSG owners are being investigated for corruption. Why would you want that at our club when we're finally stable off the field for once?
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Cjay wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 11:56 am Arent you fed up of being a club used as a byword for failure?
I'm more fed up of living in a world where millions die for the greed, power and status of a minority. I'm fed up of this being enabled by a passive majority who don't speak up as long as it doesn't affect them directly.

I would also be more fed up if the club I supported suppressed all criticism of its corrupt owners.

What price 'success', seriously?
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

SG90 wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 12:02 pm I've said several times before I don't like Radz and what he stands for. He is greedy and is using us to make himself a profit. He has no morals about where money comes from either.

The Bielsa money came from the 49ers and the fans filling the ground every week.

Why can't we get a bit of investment without having to sell our souls for it? PSG owners are being investigated for corruption. Why would you want that at our club when we're finally stable off the field for once?
Because im sick of being the poor relation, be 30 next year, i was 14 when we were relegated, all those years of potless chancer after potless chancer trying to make a quick buck out of our club while many other "smaller" clubs laugh and walk past us.

Radz has done his best, i give him that, but he is for all intents and purposes the same as the rest, a bloke who wants to make a quick buck out of the club, he has done better then the others i suppose but the end result is still the same, we get passed by and sell key players.

If we ever hope to be a success again (think of our older fans from the Revie years having to live through the last 15 years, it must be a living nightmare), its bad enough for our younger fans but most of us havent known it any different for long anyway.

If ever we want to be a top side again, not a lower league joke or a mid table Premier league nobody, but one of the best in the land up near the top trying to win things then we need huge backers with funds and connections and all sorts.

I want to see a successful Leeds side, winning trophies and titles, thats never going to happen under Radz and owners like Radz, we as a fanbase have suffered for years, havent you had enough?

For what its worth i dont understand these fans saying "yeah id rather be non league then take the Qatari money", its a grand statement but i bet they wouldnt if it became a reality.

IN an ideal world a local businessman who was a Leeds fan would come along with billions of pounds and invest and make us succesful, but that isnt going to happen.

I dont agree with how the Qataris go about things, same for all the dodgy rich people in the world, of which many are tied up in Football, but their politics isnt my concern, i cant change it, LUFC is my concern.
Signed

King Cjay

SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

SaraM wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 12:07 pm I'm more fed up of living in a world where millions die for the greed, power and status of a minority. I'm fed up of this being enabled by a passive majority who don't speak up as long as it doesn't affect them directly.

I would also be more fed up if the club I supported suppressed all criticism of its corrupt owners.

Well said Sara. It saddens me how many of our fans are willing to throw our history in the bin so we can maybe make the Champions League. Some of the stuff I've read in Twitter has been vile.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

SaraM wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 12:07 pm I'm more fed up of living in a world where millions die for the greed, power and status of a minority. I'm fed up of this being enabled by a passive majority who don't speak up as long as it doesn't affect them directly.

Thats the way the world is though and it always has been.

Millions of poor people die all over the world because the rich dont care enough to stop it, its the same in England as well its the same everywhere.

Thats not something that is unique to Qatar or the Middle East, America, China, Russia, England, it goes on everywhere even in so called developed countries like ours.
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Anyways, probably debating something that will never happen so

Going to go walk the dog. :)
Signed

King Cjay