17% forum backing for Paul Heckingbottom

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.

PH Sack him or back him?

Poll ended at Mon May 14, 2018 5:36 pm

Sack him now
60%
Sack him at the end of the season
23%
Keep him and let him be the manager next season
17%

Total votes: 30

SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Re: 17% forum backing for Paul Heckingbottom

Post by SG90 »

fred wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:55 pm Missing the whole point though: sack him and replace him with WHO?
Why people always post such nonsense? He wasn't good enough before he got the job, isn't good enough now and never will be. No one else would have appointed him.
fred
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by fred »

SG90 wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:05 pm Why people always post such nonsense? He wasn't good enough before he got the job, isn't good enough now and never will be. No one else would have appointed him.
O.k., I would vote for the Hock in that case. Cheap, not the worst around, sounds similar to the Heck andtherefore might distract from the madness
that we are hiring and firing as usual.
fred
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by fred »

Question: is `nonsense` in the same catogory as `lazy` and/or `ignorant`?

If yes: WTF is going on?
If not: WHY?

(I`m gone if the mods start treating users differently because they sympathize more with the views of some.)
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Think to say there nobody to replace him is downright sad.

There's plenty of managers out there who we should be able to attract.

Whether we can is another matter but to suggest Hecky shouldn't be sacked because he is the best we can hope for is depressing.

Hecky isnt the worst, he isnt far off the worst this season, 40points he has.
Last edited by Cjay on Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Too many fans limit their options to "knows the league" and "English", as if that makes you a good manager, as PH has shown not be the case. Hence we hear excuses like "no one else available". QSF, Garcia, Silva, Bilic are all currently available for a start.
Clive
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Clive »

fred wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:55 pm Missing the whole point though: sack him and replace him with WHO?
Roger Daltry.
fred
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by fred »

Cjay wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:13 pm Think to say there nobody to replace him is downright sad.

Whether we can is another matter but to suggest Hecky shouldn't be sacked because he is the best we can hope for is depressing.
I`m not saying that! I`m asking: what is the situation? Are there any proven better managers in sight? Can one expect a better manager to come if we sack Heck now. (Without a replacement lined up.)?

If not: Is it all the same good to sack Heck?
What should the latest date be to appoint a new manager? Does this require to sack Heck
before we have a successor lined up?

If no better (proven, not dogmatic!) Manager is in sight then that might indeed be depressing...and?
fred
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by fred »

Clive wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:20 pmRoger Daltry.
Nice pun, but the question remains...
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

fred wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:21 pm I`m not saying that! I`m asking: what is the situation? Are there any proven better managers in sight? Can one expect a better manager to come if we sack Heck now. (Without a replacement lined up.)?

What should the latest date be to appoint a new manager? Does this require to sack Heck

If no better (proven, not dogmatic!) Manager is in sight then that might indeed be depressing...and?
Corberan would do a better job against QPR than anything Hecky could muster. TC did a better job with the SAME players.
Clive
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Clive »

Cjay wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:13 pm Think to say there nobody to replace him is downright sad.

Hecky isnt the worst, he isnt far off the worst this season, 40points he has.
You're no fan of Cooper, but you probably recognise that to get better than him would require a big transfer fee and if it was the choice between him and a new striker, you'd go with a new striker.

It wouldn't take a big fee to replace Heckingbottom, so why do people think we can totally overhaul the squad but can't get a better manager?
fred
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by fred »

SG90 wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:27 pm Corberan would do a better job against QPR than anything Hecky could muster. TC did a better job with the SAME players.
How would you know? And no: there weren`t the same players available....and the available ones maybe underachieving not because of Heck...sigh.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

fred wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:32 pm How would you know? And no: there weren`t the same players available....and the available ones maybe underachieving not because of Heck...sigh.
What players has PH not had available? I can only think of Ayling and I doubt we'd have won anymore games with him in the team.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Clive wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:28 pm You're no fan of Cooper, but you probably recognise that to get better than him would require a big transfer fee and if it was the choice between him and a new striker, you'd go with a new striker.

It wouldn't take a big fee to replace Heckingbottom, so why do people think we can totally overhaul the squad but can't get a better manager?
I wouldn't actually id go for a quality cb first, believe you need a strong base first, get your point though.
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

fred wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:21 pm I`m not saying that! I`m asking: what is the situation? Are there any proven better managers in sight? Can one expect a better manager to come if we sack Heck now. (Without a replacement lined up.)?

There are certainly proven and better managers available.

Cant possibly know if they would come or not though.

What we do know is two of those, Quique Sanchez Flores and Oscar Garcia were heavily linked to the point it was reported we had spoken to them by the media at various times in the past.

Oscar Garcia ironically was put off by MC's trigger finger allegedly but was very interested in us as a club back in 2014 i think.

I thought he should see out the season, but if the club can line up a proven successor (perhaps they are already, we dont know). If they are then get them in this week, let them have the last game.

If not then regardless of the QPR game he must go straight after imo, scraping a result vs QPR cant justify saving his job.
Signed

King Cjay

YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Clive wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:28 pm You're no fan of Cooper, but you probably recognise that to get better than him would require a big transfer fee and if it was the choice between him and a new striker, you'd go with a new striker.

New striker priority, because we don't have anyone you could seriously call a striker. New CB is second on the list though. Overall I think Cooper has had a better season, I think in the main he has taken on the added responsibility well.
liggy
First Team
First Team

Post by liggy »

SG90 wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:05 pm Why people always post such nonsense? He wasn't good enough before he got the job, isn't good enough now and never will be. No one else would have appointed him.
/\.
This :tup:
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

hecky for next season
Clive
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Clive »

Cjay wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:33 pm I wouldn't actually id go for a quality cb first, believe you need a strong base first, get your point though.
I knew you'd say that but at least you get my point :)
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

There should be a new poll... something along the lines:
If you had supreme power at LUFC, which would you choose to do?
1) Act like a frothing at the mouth social justice warrior and call off the Myanmar trip?
2) Sack Paul Heckingbottom immediately and demand compensation from Barnsley for selling us a dud?
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Twitter gone ballistic with fans calling for P45 for Heckingbottom

Fans demand Heckingbottom out after Norwich loss