Norwich vs Leeds (team selection and rating)

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
fred
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: Norwich vs Leeds (team selection and rating)

Post by fred »

Saiz, Hernandez, Alioski all rather poor games.
fred
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by fred »

1:2 ...missed the goal. A lot to be critizised...
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

hector wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:25 pm Wieldweld had a good back 4 in front of him, something BPF hasn't had, I think that makes a lot of difference
Was just gonna make the same point! :)
fred
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by fred »

Forshaw is soo slow when he gets the ball, leaving the oponents a lot of time to take the ball off him. Viera is the opposite: he has great vision where a free player stands.
Clive
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Clive »

fred wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:19 pm As it can`t be down to the quality of the keepers it must be down to how good we and/or the opposition played. A bit of luck or bad luck plays ist part too...but never to such an extent that it would cause such stats.
When I talk about luck I'm talking about personal luck for the goalkeepers, which includes how good we and/or the opposition played.

Why can't it be down to the quality of the keepers? We know Wiedwald has made mistakes, we know Peacock-Farrell has done well since he came in, but is there something less obvious to the average fan that means Wiedwald is better at keeping clean sheets? That's what I'm asking.
fred
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by fred »

A lot to do if we want to push for promotion next season.
Clive
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Clive »

hector wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:25 pm Wieldweld had a good back 4 in front of him, something BPF hasn't had, I think that makes a lot of difference
And yet a lot of people want rid of most of that good back 4.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

fred
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by fred »

Clive wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:38 pm When I talk about luck I'm talking about personal luck for the goalkeepers, which includes how good we and/or the opposition played.

Why can't it be down to the quality of the keepers? We know Wiedwald has made mistakes, we know Peacock-Farrell has done well since he came in, but is there something less obvious to the average fan that means Wiedwald is better at keeping clean sheets? That's what I'm asking.
Check the stats! How many shots on average did Wiedwald have to save in those games he had a clean sheet...etc.
If the stats are similar, THEN you can go further. I bet though that the stats would give some intersting Information.
Clive
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Clive »

fred wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:37 pm Forshaw is soo slow when he gets the ball, leaving the oponents a lot of time to take the ball off him. Viera is the opposite: he has great vision where a free player stands.
That may be true, but from what I've seen he looks after the ball well. He rarely gives it away under pressure, or gets tackled.
fred
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by fred »

Clive wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:41 pm And yet a lot of people want rid of most of that good back 4.
Ayling and Janssen noone wants out. Berardi was never more than a second choice on the left side. Cooper is average at best in comparison to Bartley last season.
fred
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by fred »

Clive wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:44 pm That may be true, but from what I've seen he looks after the ball well. He rarely gives it away under pressure, or gets tackled.
I`ve seen him lose the ball quite a few times because he did`t realize that a player was closing in from behind.
Clive
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Clive »

fred wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:43 pm Check the stats! How many shots on average did Wiedwald have to save in those games he had a clean sheet...etc.
If the stats are similar, THEN you can go further. I bet though that the stats would give some intersting Information.
That's not my point, though.

I'm asking if there's something in Wiedwald's game that means we defend better as a whole, or is he capable of making extra special saves that don't look like a mistake when you don't save them?
fred
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by fred »

Well, what can one say? Hard to see how this squad will challenge for promotion next season. We need 3-4 Quality Players coming in, otherwise we`ll have
no Chance.
Clive
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Clive »

fred wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:48 pm Ayling and Janssen noone wants out. Berardi was never more than a second choice on the left side. Cooper is average at best in comparison to Bartley last season.
He's kept clean sheets without Ayling. He's kept the only clean sheet under Heckingbottom.
fred
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by fred »

Clive wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:52 pm That's not my point, though.

I'm asking if there's something in Wiedwald's game that means we defend better as a whole, or is he capable of making extra special saves that don't look like a mistake when you don't save them?
Well, he certainly failed to make some special `saves` which looked like mistakes...lol
The only point I could think of is that Wiedwald organized the defense better, therefore minimizing the chances the opponents had.
BUT: this could be checked in the relevant stats!
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Not unexpected I suppose.

Just one week to go.

Best possible place: 12th

Worst possible place: 16th
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
fred
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by fred »

Clive wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:55 pm He's kept clean sheets without Ayling. He's kept the only clean sheet under Heckingbottom.
Yawn...not going to argue with someone mentioning random `stats`(1 clean sheet under Heck) as he wishes,
but is too lazy or ignorant to check stats which may show some serious correlations.

If I have time I`ll check those stats myself...I`m sure one will find hints why the clean sheets happened.
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Four away defeats in a row... last time that happened was 4 years ago,
and another loss for Heckingbottom. Surely that has to be the final nail in his coffin.
Miserable performance. Leeds fans all deserted the stadium, while the Norwich fans
are having a party.
Clive
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Clive »

fred wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:02 pm Yawn...not going to argue with someone mentioning random `stats`(1 clean sheet under Heck) as he wishes,
but is too lazy or ignorant to check stats which may show some serious correlations.

If I have time I`ll check those stats myself...I`m sure one will find hints why the clean sheets happened.
I'm trying to have a sensible debate and you just get nasty.