Leeds v Charlton : Team/Reports/Ratings...

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
drsdadsotherson
First Team
First Team

Re: Leeds v Charlton : Team/Reports/Ratings...

Post by drsdadsotherson »

Twiggster wrote:Highlights HERE

Penalty ? hahahaha - um - they fell over each other??? :duno:
I disagree I'm sorry to say. Admittedly all I've seen is that clip but Bellusci clearly ran into him and fell on top while the striker was seemingly stationary. Penalty all day long for me. :(
Kyle_5351
First Team
First Team

Post by Kyle_5351 »

drsdadsotherson wrote:
I disagree I'm sorry to say. Admittedly all I've seen is that clip but Bellusci clearly ran into him and fell on top while the striker was seemingly stationary. Penalty all day long for me. :(
Yep, clumsy. Enough said.
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

Two points dropped :cry:

I listened on the radio and we seemed to pretty much dominate the game and should have been 3 up before they scored, I think some of the foreign imports are struggling currently, the Brits seem to be our main men.

Hopefully we can bang a few in against the relegation fodder that's coming Saturday and give the team some confidence for the next couple of games :)
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Ratscoot wrote:Two points dropped :cry:
4 points from 24 and not a win amongst them.
Gurj
Manager
Manager

Post by Gurj »

Listened to the commentary and saw the goals, pathetic goalkeeping and defending yet again costing us vital points.

Prior to Silvestri's horror moment ( another !! ) Cooper had a simple clearance to make yet he proceeded to hit it straight to their player who then somehow megs our " Best in The Championship " goalkeeper ( Yet another boast from Cellino that is proving to be just bravado).

Then Bell End Belluschi strikes again. How some on here can call him a definite step up from Tom Lee's is beyond me. He is no better at all, certainly not at defending anyway. OK, he may be able to pass it better but I want my defenders to bloody defend first and foremost yet he is just an accident waiting to happen. Cost us so many goals this season.

As for our madcap owner.......he is now admitting he cannot buy ER back by end of this year, let alone by end of November as he promised he would. What a surprise !!! He is so full of crap its untrue. It seems, yet again, he jumped the gun when he said GFH had agreed to waive what was due to them in return for funds to be returned on a return to the premiership.....we now find out that this so called deal was never signed and so, now he cant/wont buy back ER as it means GFH's equity stake would be increased. So, my question is, what on earth has happened to all that cash we had from Ross's move to Fulham ?!!
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
OCAFC
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by OCAFC »

Only one team in that for me. Dominated the game and looked excellent going forward. Can't account for a rubbish goalkeeper error and a soft penalty. The build up to the first goal on the left was sublime and there were glimpses of brilliance throughout the team. Love this new passing style of play! I think it's just a matter of time before it clicks and we will be winning games consistently!
MOTliam
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by MOTliam »

We should have won that. Although arguments could be made either way for the penalty, things like that happen all the time in the penalty are and aren't given. Both players were pulling each other about and unluckily for us it was given against us and they scored.
The other of their goals was also a bit unlucky from our point of view. Silvestri should really have saved that. I do rate him as a shot stopper but at 23 he is very young and lacks some experience. We shouldn't judge him too much as young players can be prone to mistakes and I hope he will go on to be a great and long-serving keeper for us. It used to be said that keepers wouldn't enter their prime until their late 20s?
Mowatt's goals were excellent (even his first bad touch for the first goal helped him out) and I'm glad to see another youth product rising up. We should still temper expectations as he's only 19.
I'm going to be in SS6 for the Blackpool game and I'm really hoping for a good performance against a team who are really struggling this season. We could really do with winning this game and I hope that the crowd will really make some noise and get behind the team. We're going through a rough patch but we do have some quality at this level that as long as we don't put them down after a wayward pass or two might kick on and march us back up the table.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Goalkeepers make errors, fact of life. It's just they're magnified 10 times more than other errors. He's been outstanding and I'll not question the best in the championship tag just yet
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Martyn
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @MartynStead

Post by Martyn »

faaip wrote:Goalkeepers make errors, fact of life. It's just they're magnified 10 times more than other errors. He's been outstanding and I'll not question the best in the championship tag just yet
Agreed. The best of the summer signings for me.
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re:

Post by 1964white »

OCAFC wrote:Only one team in that for me. Dominated the game and looked excellent going forward. Can't account for a rubbish goalkeeper error and a soft penalty. The build up to the first goal on the left was sublime and there were glimpses of brilliance throughout the team. Love this new passing style of play! I think it's just a matter of time before it clicks and we will be winning games consistently!
Hurrah someone who not only went to ER but also takes the positives from the game :tup:
CptCrash
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Twitter: @foxobilly

Post by CptCrash »

Actually thought that was better.

Byram back to his old self and Warnock continuing to be our most consistent player this term.

Cook and Mowatt (standout) are growing by the game and once fit Adryan will be a force in this league.

Solid performance from Cooper too.

Bianchi is seeing his form dip but at least he doesn't hide (unlike Sloth who when he cam on ran to markers and not into space).

The Ant grew frustrated and as a consequence increasingly selfish.

Not a penalty. Ref was looking to do something like that, would imagine he's not shy of a mirror, all about me me me his attitude last night.

Saturday as much a must win game as any November game can be!
1964white

Post by 1964white »

CptCrash wrote:Actually thought that was better.

Byram back to his old self and Warnock continuing to be our most consistent player this term.

Cook and Mowatt (standout) are growing by the game and once fit Adryan will be a force in this league.

Solid performance from Cooper too.

Bianchi is seeing his form dip but at least he doesn't hide (unlike Sloth who when he cam on ran to markers and not into space).

The Ant grew frustrated and as a consequence increasingly selfish.

Not a penalty. Ref was looking to do something like that, would imagine he's not shy of a mirror, all about me me me his attitude last night.

Saturday as much a must win game as any November game can be!
Spot on Captain :tup:

That whistling happy Hitler had it in for us all night, not easy for a very young team playing against twelve men
OCAFC
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: Re: Re:

Post by OCAFC »

1964white wrote:
Hurrah someone who not only went to ER but also takes the positives from the game :tup:
Ever the optimist. Don't go all that often as I play Saturdays. But compared to last term, that was a marked improvement and with the talent we have, I think it's cause for being positive. Just got to give them time.

On a side note, I know football is about opinions and everyone is entitled to them. The guys sat behind me moaning about everything were really winding me up last night. Every opinion was wrong, calling people s**t etc. Surely this is the wrong attitude to have.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

OCAFC wrote:
Ever the optimist. Don't go all that often as I play Saturdays. But compared to last term, that was a marked improvement and with the talent we have, I think it's cause for being positive. Just got to give them time.

On a side note, I know football is about opinions and everyone is entitled to them. The guys sat behind me moaning about everything were really winding me up last night. Every opinion was wrong, calling people s**t etc. Surely this is the wrong attitude to have.
1000's of our fans are like that :( they are use to hoof football & still believe what they witnessed over the last three years was better, they prefer a kick & rush style :?
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Always hard to judge a keeper and those near post shots are never easy for a keeper as they are usually more set for the cross so have to get down quickly without being set to go that way.

Our defence is definitely continuing to be the huge weak link. The penalty looked a harsh decision but I do feel in Bellusci that there is always an error to be made in his game. Very good to hear positives about Byram as if he can get back to his best he is a superb player both defensively and going forward.

Players will have dips in form, especially over a long league campaign. Players will get little knocks and niggles and whilst they aren't bad enough for the player to miss a game it can affect a performance, in the championship however you don't really get the chance to let the niggles heal properly.
theleedsmango
First Team
First Team

Post by theleedsmango »

1964white wrote:1000's of our fans are like that :( they are use to hoof football & still believe what they witnessed over the last three years was better, they prefer a kick & rush style :?
I think those guys would also have called past seasons' performances s**t. Some perceive players to be "s**t" when they don't get a goal yet the performances may be brilliant. That kind would be content with a 1-0 scrappy win over a superior opponent. Some also are used to watching Premier League/La Liga/Bundesliga football on tele and are used to a high tempo, technically skillful type of play and compare our championship players with the elite; hence "s**t". The third kind are just calling a spade a spade and some of our performances, this season and previous, regardless of owner or manager, has been "s**t".

The whole footballing world is guilty of it. Read twitter during a Monday night game between two lower league teams that finishes 0-0. Regardless of what happened in the game, most will describe it as s**t.
"Please understand that the theory that every Leeds discussion converges to a finite, but uninformed, debate on the Chairman is one we must all question and actively counter" - Stephen Hawkings
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

OCAFC wrote:Ever the optimist. Don't go all that often as I play Saturdays. But compared to last term, that was a marked improvement and with the talent we have, I think it's cause for being positive. Just got to give them time.

The worst thing I witnessed/heard this season is people booing our youngsters for small mistakes (this was particularly prevalent in the Brighton game). They're young and so still finding their feet in a very competitive league, getting on their backs all the time isn't going to help matters.

Young players seem to thrive on confidence more than older heads, as we're seeing with Mowatt at the moment with his 3 goals in the last couple of games - hopefully he can exceed the high standards he set of himself last season.
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

Couldn't get any commentary last night, so was relying on twitter comms (which are never particularly in-depth), but it sounds as if we played well for large parts of the game, and didn't sit back after the goal.

I think their first goal was more down to Cooper's poor clearance than Silvestri - who also got a touch on it and if it weren't for Cooper behind him who it deflected in off, I think it would have stayed out.

Not sure about the penalty, it does look like Bellusci has brought him down, but so often in those situations it's six and two threes from the players in terms of holding/shirt pulling etc. How often do you see players grappling with and impeding each other when a corner comes in and the referee doing nothing about it?

If we don't get 3 points from the game on Saturday, I think it's really time to start shaking things up as we're in serious relegation form and probably worst in the championship at the moment.

edit: In fact, we're second bottom
gessa

Post by gessa »

This quote from Charltons manager makes me think it should not have been a penalty.

"But whether it is justified or not we got a penalty and deserved a point."
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Genghers wrote: The worst thing I witnessed/heard this season is people booing our youngsters for small mistakes (this was particularly prevalent in the Brighton game). They're young and so still finding their feet in a very competitive league, getting on their backs all the time isn't going to help matters.

Young players seem to thrive on confidence more than older heads, as we're seeing with Mowatt at the moment with his 3 goals in the last couple of games - hopefully he can exceed the high standards he set of himself last season.
Cook is getting really hammered by the impatient brigade the very same folk who gave Mowatt the same treatment when he was bedding into our team. I had a right go with four of our members at Cardiff saying he is only young kid, they replied voiciferously "he shouldn't be playing".....so how our these young players suppose to learn their trade if we don't play them i asked "he aint good enough" .....honestly i despair with our fans !