Cops took my bike off me -

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
mchldavies7
First Team
First Team

Re: Cops took my bike off me -

Post by mchldavies7 »

Fascists the lot of em!
"God will forgive them...he'll forgive them and allow them into heaven...i cant live with that"
Kyle_5351
First Team
First Team

Post by Kyle_5351 »

You should write a book, Ems. I would buy it.

BS about your bike though. Can't believe you need to pay 150 quid to get it back.
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Serves you right for riding without your stabilizers.
ldsutd
First Team
First Team

Post by ldsutd »

Not familiar with the laws of riding a motorcycle on open fields but if you was breaking the law then you was breaking the law, sorry for being an old miserable tw@t but where i live there are loads of idiots on dirt bikes, or should i say road bikes with faring's and lights knocked off "im not saying your one" but these police up our way have there work cut out to get these off the road.
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Post by becchio bear »

On another note, would I be right in thinking that a quad bike with no licence plate shouldn't be on a public road? :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

becchio bear wrote:On another note, would I be right in thinking that a quad bike with no licence plate shouldn't be on a public road? :bear:
I don't think that is possible?? Hope not! :shock:
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Post by becchio bear »

Twiggster wrote:
I don't think that is possible?? Hope not! :shock:
In Bramley it is, with the roads thick with snow and parents walking their kids to school a couple of weeks ago we had idiots on quad bikes racing up and down Hough Lane :evil: :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
leedsmad
First Team
First Team

Post by leedsmad »

Ems Ems Ems What are we gonna do with you? :lol:
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

becchio bear wrote:
In Bramley it is, with the roads thick with snow and parents walking their kids to school a couple of weeks ago we had idiots on quad bikes racing up and down Hough Lane :evil: :bear:
HMM - cops run scared in Bramley, allus have. Time for vigilantes comes ever nearer, according to folk I know there. :duno:
Telepres
First Team
First Team

Post by Telepres »

mchldavies7
First Team
First Team

Post by mchldavies7 »

Twiggster wrote:
HMM - cops run scared in Bramley, allus have. Time for vigilantes comes ever nearer, according to folk I know there. :duno:
Why I left..way too much chavvy pondlife spoiling it for the many decent folk that live there too.
"God will forgive them...he'll forgive them and allow them into heaven...i cant live with that"
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

mchldavies7 wrote: Why I left..way too much chavvy pondlife spoiling it for the many decent folk that live there too.
I left for different reasons. Though having lost a niece there to a local psychopath, I do fear for the rest of my family still living in LS13. Last time I was home, my 80 year old dad had a knife pulled on him by a 13 year old, who dad had admonished for kicking the windows of bus shelter in. Glad I was there to disarm the little pillock and warn him off with a kick to the nuts. I was happy the bus arrived tho, and took us away before the kid came back with his brothers and dad. :shock:

ArmleyWhite has had a lot to do with cleaning up his neighbourhood - where police and residents have worked together to try and prevent crime and local violence. It is a losing battle though.

See the O/P - pigs spending time on summat SO petty as a lad dirt tracking, when real crime is rife on the streets. :duno:
Dr.Leeds
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DoctorLeeds

Post by Dr.Leeds »

We must be tough on Emsley.

Tough on the causes of Emsley.
Armleywhite

Post by Armleywhite »

Twiggster wrote:
ArmleyWhite has had a lot to do with cleaning up his neighbourhood - where police and residents have worked together to try and prevent crime and local violence. It is a losing battle though.

See the O/P - pigs spending time on summat SO petty as a lad dirt tracking, when real crime is rife on the streets. :duno:
you may see it as petty but I bet local residents don't. Unregistered bikes can cause mayhem in neighbourhoods or even open areas. Trouble with allowing such bikes to go unchecked is that they seldom stay on the fields and invariably end up revving idiotically illegal loud engines in built up areas.

Another factor is that majority of people don't want to get involved and just whinge. Speak to the local anti social behaviour unit and they will give all the relevant info on how to help stop the mindless minority from ruining what the majority have.

Those that keep running away from it just help to perpetuate the spread of it all in the long run.
joelufc20
First Team
First Team

Post by joelufc20 »

So gladi don't live in a big city infact I'm starting to develop big city aggro phobia or maybe dr Leeds can diagnose it for me. With regards for emsleys pit bike if I have to have tax mot and insurance to drive around so should he especially on public fields where children play etc. one word dangerous
REST IN PEACE GARY SPEED LEEDS UNITED LEGEND

[url}http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/gallery ... n-pictures[/url]
Emsley
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Emsley »

:lol:

Scroats who ride round on stolen bikes and ride near kids are the ones who want nicking!
You have to understand this "public" place has been used by bikes for as long as I have lived in the area.
Just looking at my notice today it says at the top "Has been warned previously in the past 12 months"
I dont so much as have a point on my provisional, coupled with the fact I stopped and was subject to an overbearing asswipe, I might have a case to get it back without an impound fine.

Oh the joys.
WE''RE LEEDS UNITED, WE''LL NEVER BE DEFEATED!

Paul Green was warnobs best signing.
If you disagree please send me a PM so we can get in to a fight.
mav
First Team
First Team

Post by mav »

so where exactly does a "field bike" come from then?

if they make it harder to ride a nicked bike then less will get nicked.

they should have arrested you if you couldn't produced documents for the bike.

I have had bikes nicked for fields so I hope they crack down on it.
Every game I predict a 3 - 1 Leeds win, I am traditional like that.
Emsley
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Emsley »

mav wrote:so where exactly does a "field bike" come from then?

if they make it harder to ride a nicked bike then less will get nicked.

they should have arrested you if you couldn't produced documents for the bike.

I have had bikes nicked for fields so I hope they crack down on it.
Im sorry you had your bike/bikes stolen in the past, I have had them stolen also.Its a horrible feeling.
But to arrest anyone over riding a field bike in desolate land is stupid and harsh and wont fix anything other than a few hours stay in a cell. I didn't have to produce documents for the bike because the engine number proved it was legit.
Its not all black and white out there, when you have an estate full of lads bored to death because they cant get a job and they have a LEGIT field bike and huge fields to ride in I'd say it's BS to be honest. A warning, followed by fine and taking the bike is the sensible way to go about it. If I get it back today I will stand up for my self as they have leaped TWO codes of conduct in dealing with me.

When you think about it, its like driving round and your insurance runs out, the cops slams in to the side of your car and drags you out of the seat and flaps his arms around like big bird on redbull. Bullshit.
WE''RE LEEDS UNITED, WE''LL NEVER BE DEFEATED!

Paul Green was warnobs best signing.
If you disagree please send me a PM so we can get in to a fight.
PaulUSA
First Team
First Team

Post by PaulUSA »

Did your pitbull run away while you were having it out with the parkies?.....oh wait, I read that wrong. :hammer:
Helplessly hoping
Blakerb-LUFC
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Blakerb-LUFC »

Have to say I back the police on this.
There are so many people riding loud pieces of crap and most of them cant be road legal.
They do my nut in, they ride erratically and they often have accidents or cause accidents.

Even if they are used where they may be more appropriate, its just ruining the countryside by making tracks all over the place, causing a hazard to walkers or people that live in the rural parts and noise pollution to one of the few places people can find solitude nowadays.

Can understand both sides to an extent but there are other things people can get up to or you know.. ride a push bike.
It can be very fun, cheap, better on the environment, people wont be bothered, you wont get stopped by cops & you actually will be healthier for it.

Im in farsley which is no doubt not as bad for it as bramley but still a neighbor over road is always at it and there's a local idiot always riding around who just the other day crashed into a park car, I only know from a friend.. fortunately I am too high up in farsley to be in his path.

Now my rant is over. :lol: