Colin W4nk3r OUT

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Colin W4nk3r OUT

Post by 1964white »

white.riot wrote:
Just for the record cos perspective is important, Colin has been here 9 months and overseen lord knows how many games. His entertainment to games ratio is probably the worst in the football league over that time. He has possibly delivered no more than 3, I can only remember 1 if truth be told, exciting performance in his time at Leeds. His teams acquire points like the homeless acquire fags, scratching around in bins and gutters picking up butts. He grinds the opposition, his own players and the crowd into submission. He is not an lufc manager, never was and never will be although he is the name on the door just now. Interesting to see some who championed him going for the jugular today. Negativity is the new positivity it seems! Coin may yet get us promoted but I can't imagine jumping up and down. By then I expect to be numb from the neck up.
:roflmao: :roflmao:
theleedsmango
First Team
First Team

Post by theleedsmango »

Hovering just outside the top 6
Winning against big teams, losing against the bottom teams
Watching thankfully as other results go our way when we don't get a good result
Surmising that points we dropped from games we could have won would have taken us into playoffs
Complaining about mind-boggling tactical choices
Scraping what we can from cheap-yet-talented-yet-inconsistent players
Frustrating over injuries to key players

Some people may argue that the grass was greener when Grayson was here, but from were I stand, everyone is staring at the same feckin' grass. Only difference I can see is Warnock throws it away at the end of the game, at the time when Grayson was clawing it back.
"Please understand that the theory that every Leeds discussion converges to a finite, but uninformed, debate on the Chairman is one we must all question and actively counter" - Stephen Hawkings
Bakerjamessteven
First Team
First Team

Colin W4nk3r OUT

Post by Bakerjamessteven »

1964white wrote:
Leave it to me then :wink:

Becchio hasn't headed/controlled/held up/passed the ball in three games...he's handled it though :wink: a total passenger....a kick up the backside is required :|
You describe becchio to a T, YES THAT'S GREAT BIG T AND THUMBS UP FROM ME, really hope some stupid club wants him in January and pays big bucks,
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Post by becchio bear »

Bakerjamessteven wrote: You describe becchio to a T, YES THAT'S GREAT BIG T AND THUMBS UP FROM ME, really hope some stupid club wants him in January and pays big bucks,

oooh Baker Boy get in front of 64 on Saturday :twisted: :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
gessa

Post by gessa »

becchio bear wrote:

I'll hold your coat BB :tup:
JACKtheKNIGHT
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by JACKtheKNIGHT »

:tup:
http://www.50cheaprecipes.com/?usr=JackTheKnight

Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending there injured - rugby players spend 80 minutes pretending there not!
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Seems the conversation has turned to trying to get rid of the championship's 2nd top scorer. Becchio is a striker - create chances for him and he'll convert a fair few. Don't criticise him for not being able to do a job that he isn't in the team for. You wouldn't go to a butcher's for a loaf of bread. Without Becchio's goals we would really be in the mire.
white.riot

Post by white.riot »

weasel wrote:Seems the conversation has turned to trying to get rid of the championship's 2nd top scorer. Becchio is a striker - create chances for him and he'll convert a fair few. Don't criticise him for not being able to do a job that he isn't in the team for. You wouldn't go to a butcher's for a loaf of bread. Without Becchio's goals we would really be in the mire.
Without penalties, a number of them fortunate, we would indeed be in the mire and Becchio would look something other than 2nd best. My target is not Becchio but the real culprit, the god of chances. He is no longer looking favourably on the club. Reason . . . .
1964white

Post by 1964white »

weasel wrote:Seems the conversation has turned to trying to get rid of the championship's 2nd top scorer. Becchio is a striker - create chances for him and he'll convert a fair few. Don't criticise him for not being able to do a job that he isn't in the team for. You wouldn't go to a butcher's for a loaf of bread. Without Becchio's goals we would really be in the mire.
So you can earn 10k a week as a footballer even if one cannot control a football :roll:
Bakerjamessteven
First Team
First Team

Colin W4nk3r OUT

becchio bear wrote:

Don't spank me too hard, in front of young Harry, he mite tell his mum ;-):-);-):-)
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar

Post by becchio bear »

Bakerjamessteven wrote: Don't spank me too hard, in front of young Harry, he mite tell his mum ;-):-);-):-)
Tell him to look away then :twisted: :bear:
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar

Post by becchio bear »

white.riot wrote:
Without penalties, a number of them fortunate, we would indeed be in the mire and Becchio would look something other than 2nd best. My target is not Becchio but the real culprit, the god of chances. He is no longer looking favourably on the club. Reason . . . .
Some of them have been penalties yes, penalties however aren't a given you still have to score them. :bear:
white.riot

Post by white.riot »

becchio bear wrote:
Some of them have been penalties yes, penalties however aren't a given you still have to score them. :bear:

Lack of scoring chances is far more important than Becchio who is just one of many players who are under achieving. That was and is my point.
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar

Post by becchio bear »

white.riot wrote:

Lack of scoring chances is far more important than Becchio who is just one of many players who are under achieving. That was and is my point.
I agree. My god that's a first :wink: :bear:
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

1964white wrote:
So you can earn 10k a week as a footballer even if one cannot control a football :roll:
Plenty earn more. Consider the wages of the England players then compare their technical abilities to the Spanish, Italian, Germans etc

A striker doesn't need to have great control. If he can divert a cross into the net then job done. He's not a link up player he is the finisher of other's work. Yes when we had a pacey striker he got more assists but that was because JB could get onto any flick, I can hardly see Diouf or R Mc sprinting past.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

weasel wrote:
Plenty earn more. Consider the wages of the England players then compare their technical abilities to the Spanish, Italian, Germans etc

A striker doesn't need to have great control. If he can divert a cross into the net then job done. He's not a link up player he is the finisher of other's work. Yes when we had a pacey striker he got more assists but that was because JB could get onto any flick, I can hardly see Diouf or R Mc sprinting past.
Still cannot understand why players can't control a football/use of both feet/make simple passes when they spend all their playing career in between matches training or supposingly so....it's a good job folk in general are adaptable in their employment or our country would be in a bigger mess than it's already in !

Modern footballers playing in the UK don't know they are born :shock: no wonder he left the Spanish league to play over here...the Spanish & Argies are generally technically gifted players, they would have laugh at him in Espana...meanwhile Leeds fans think he is better than Berbatov :roll: :lol:
Bakerjamessteven
First Team
First Team

Colin W4nk3r OUT

becchio bear wrote:
Tell him to look away then :twisted: :bear:
:-):-):-):-) lol that really made me laugh
Silky
Manager
Manager

Post by Silky »

only 3 losses in 15 competitive games, 6 games undefeated, 1 point outside the top 6. Austin, Peltier, McCormack, Hall, Green can all make an impact when they're fit.

Things look alright from where I'm sitting [in front of my radio] :-D
Side Before Self, Every Time
white.riot

Post by white.riot »

Silky wrote:only 3 losses in 15 competitive games, 6 games undefeated, 1 point outside the top 6. Austin, Peltier, McCormack, Hall, Green can all make an impact when they're fit.

Things look alright from where I'm sitting [in front of my radio] :-D
Ah, you've got a Warnock tattoo now :wink:
Silky
Manager
Manager

Post by Silky »

white.riot wrote:
Ah, you've got a Warnock tattoo now :wink:
ahhhhhhh.... no.

but there are times to be gloomy in football, and there are times to enjoy...

I appreciate that the football hasnt been nice for you guys to watch [although i have seen quite a bit of it on the tele this season], but christmas time last year when we're selling all our best players, we're losing game after game, the clubs f#cked, simon's getting the sack.... that's a gloomy time.

right now, things arent perfect but i do think guys like Pearce and Lees and Rudy and Aidy and Byram and Becchio all fight for Leeds week in, week out.... we are hard to beat........ i personally believe that the take over will happen sooner rather than later [because Bates obviously wants out, he wouldnt have gone looking for buyers if he didnt]... and if i can choose between points or performances, i'll have points every time. So from my point of view, i'm enjoying Leeds atm.

In a different era maybe my attitude would be different, but after 10 years away from the premiership, i just wanna see my team back there! i dont care how they go about it......

personally feel the Rudy Austin is the man who makes our side tick. he's apparently been unfit since he got back from Jamaica so the midweek rest will have done him good.

A win for Leeds, and a goal and a MOTM from Rudy against Brum i reckon.
Side Before Self, Every Time