BREAKING! Leicester get KK???!!!

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

BREAKING! Leicester get KK???!!!

Post by Twiggster »

OMG!!! :shock:

PLEASE let this be true!!! :roflmao: :lol: :hahaha:
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Re: BREAKING! Leicester get KK???!!!

Post by HarryofOz »

That's massive news, massive.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
PaulUSA
First Team
First Team

Post by PaulUSA »

Wow. Those Thai businessmen sure know how to pick an overpriced, past-his-prime big name when they see one.
Helplessly hoping
chicagowhite
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by chicagowhite »

If true & I'm deeply skeptical then who would have though 3 ex Eng managers would depart the championship this season!
7 Years of Lies, while L-U-F-C dies

"I shall not rest until Leeds United are kicked out of the football league. Their fans are the scum of the earth, absolute animals and a disgrace. I will do everything in my power to make sure this happens."

A quote from Mr Bates - 1984
essexwhite
First Team
First Team

Post by essexwhite »

Who is Newcastle boss then?
Martyn
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @MartynStead

Post by Martyn »

If he does join them, we should start a sweepstake on what date he walks out.

I'm going for April 15th 2012
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

essexwhite wrote:Who is Newcastle boss then?
Denis Wise
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
joluafc4eva

Post by joluafc4eva »

HarryofOz wrote:
Denis Wise
:-D :-D
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Post by becchio bear »

Guildford White wrote:If he does join them, we should start a sweepstake on what date he walks out.

I'm going for April 15th 2012

ooh I don't think he'll last that long GW :lol: i'm going for 13th February 2012 :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gino 1959 »

KK - with Healing Hands Hoddle as his assistant?
Beware the fury of a patient man - John Dryden.
92champs
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by 92champs »

I would love it if we beat them, love it :lol:
gessa

Post by gessa »

Looks like our game against them is a 5-4 then.
Emsley
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Emsley »

:hahaha:
Keegan was a w**k manger with only one good spell at newcastle.
Crisp fans are getting some right bollocks this year. :lol:
WE''RE LEEDS UNITED, WE''LL NEVER BE DEFEATED!

Paul Green was warnobs best signing.
If you disagree please send me a PM so we can get in to a fight.
Armleywhite

Post by Armleywhite »

I tell you what.... I bet they go on a cracking run now. As much as I don't think Keegan has what it takes he has a cracking knack ofboosting morale to a point that the teams fly for a while. He'll walk eventually though. He allus does.
MikeLUFC7
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by MikeLUFC7 »

Twiggster wrote:OMG!!! :shock:

PLEASE let this be true!!! :roflmao: :lol: :hahaha:
Emsley wrote::hahaha:
Keegan was a tosh manger with only one good spell at newcastle.
Crisp fans are getting some right bollocks this year. :lol:

What's funny and bad about Kevin Keegan?

Look at the guy's record. With Newcastle got them promoted as champions. Their first year in the premier league they finished 3rd, second season they finished 6th, and then two back to back premier league runners up finishes. For me, his record at Newcastle stands for itself.

Look at his record at Fulham. In his first season at Fulham, division two champions.

Look at his record at Manchester City. In his first season they were promoted as champions of division one (npower championship) after scoring over a hundred goals in the league. First year back in the premier league a 9th place finished, and European qualification. Granted their follow up season wasn't very good, and he then ultimately decided to "retire" from football in his fourth season with them. But overall, he did a good job at Manchester City.

His record as a manager stands up to quite a number of people's. Some might laugh at the fact he has walked away from every managerial post he has held, but I still feel that his record of achieving promotions and then establishing his clubs at the top end of the next division up stands up to just about anyone. And what position are Leicester City in right now?

The championship.

What is their aim?

Promotion to the premier league and becoming an established premier league team.

What has Kevin Keegan got a track record of doing?

Getting teams promoted and establishing them. Personally if they get him they'll have a good chance of getting promoted under him because he motives teams and players. He might have a tendency not to stay around for too long, but sometimes it is best to look short term to achieve your immediate aims, and then look long term once you've achieved these aims. So if Keegan can deliver promotion and premier league survival, and then walk away. Then you know what? Job done, because then they can get another manager with long term potential to take them forwards.
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

Good post mike, he is a very good motivator he will do good things if he gets the job I fear
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
Telepres
First Team
First Team

Post by Telepres »

Armleywhite wrote:I tell you what.... I bet they go on a cracking run now. As much as I don't think Keegan has what it takes he has a cracking knack ofboosting morale to a point that the teams fly for a while. He'll walk eventually though. He allus does.
"We're playing Blackpool on Wednesday, and when you say that about footballers like Cardiff and when you do things like that about a man like Ken Bates.....I'll tell yer, yer can tell him now we're still fighting for promotion and hes gotta go to Barnsley and get something".
revieboy
First Team
First Team
Location: town full of Leeds fans just a town full of leeds fans

Post by revieboy »

MikeLUFC7 wrote:

What's funny and bad about Kevin Keegan?

Look at the guy's record. With Newcastle got them promoted as champions. Their first year in the premier league they finished 3rd, second season they finished 6th, and then two back to back premier league runners up finishes. For me, his record at Newcastle stands for itself.

Look at his record at Fulham. In his first season at Fulham, division two champions.

Look at his record at Manchester City. In his first season they were promoted as champions of division one (npower championship) after scoring over a hundred goals in the league. First year back in the premier league a 9th place finished, and European qualification. Granted their follow up season wasn't very good, and he then ultimately decided to "retire" from football in his fourth season with them. But overall, he did a good job at Manchester City.

His record as a manager stands up to quite a number of people's. Some might laugh at the fact he has walked away from every managerial post he has held, but I still feel that his record of achieving promotions and then establishing his clubs at the top end of the next division up stands up to just about anyone. And what position are Leicester City in right now?

The championship.

What is their aim?

Promotion to the premier league and becoming an established premier league team.

What has Kevin Keegan got a track record of doing?

Getting teams promoted and establishing them. Personally if they get him they'll have a good chance of getting promoted under him because he motives teams and players. He might have a tendency not to stay around for too long, but sometimes it is best to look short term to achieve your immediate aims, and then look long term once you've achieved these aims. So if Keegan can deliver promotion and premier league survival, and then walk away. Then you know what? Job done, because then they can get another manager with long term potential to take them forwards.
All well and good but what foundations does he leave for a successor. He usually leaves when a team is in decline and with a squad in turmoil. I just think hes had his day
Armleywhite

Post by Armleywhite »

Telepres wrote: "We're playing Blackpool on Wednesday, and when you say that about footballers like Cardiff and when you do things like that about a man like Ken Bates.....I'll tell yer, yer can tell him now we're still fighting for promotion and hes gotta go to Barnsley and get something".
:roflmao: :hahaha: :roflmao: :hahaha:
dantheleedsfan

Post by dantheleedsfan »

It says they want KK as director of football and they want Lee Clark as manager?
Have I missed something? :?