Super League

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
User avatar
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 16371
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am

Re: Super League

Post by whiteswan »

Ah...OK, Thanks BB
Leeds 18 - 10 Leigh final result
User avatar
Orange Box
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3805
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:51 pm
Location: West of Scotland, formerly Cas Vegas

Re: Super League

Post by Orange Box »

Barlow Boy wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 8:24 pm I believe it’s in recognition of MND Swannie.

Have to say I shed a tear tonight watching that build up to the game, the Rhinos did it superbly and did Rob, along with his family, proud.
I only caught the end scenes, and unless the Sky commentators mentioned it during the game, it was a very poignant moment for Chev Walker being in charge. Chev was in the same age group as Rob growing up, Chev played for, if my memory holds up, Hunslet. At 13 he was the size then that he is now, he was an absolute monster of a kid.

Rob was Feath, and my boys played at Cas Smawthorne. Kev Sinfield, I think was Oldham.

My eldest played Union for the Tykes as they were then when open age came around. He was asked to train with the Rhinos when the Union season ended. Although he had played for England age-groups he said the speed of the Rhinos lads was another level. I don’t think most people realise how quick and strong these top athletes are.

I have a (paper sheet) programme somewhere in the attic where they all represented their respective county, at Wigan, I believe, under 11. A teary moment, as you say - I was a rhinos supporter last night.
WARNING: During game time, any post I make is not to be taken seriously, neither is it meant as offence. I'm a hot-blooded creature prone to moments of exasperation and expletive.
User avatar
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 5238
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:32 pm

Re: Super League

Post by Barlow Boy »

Orange Box wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2024 3:03 am I only caught the end scenes, and unless the Sky commentators mentioned it during the game, it was a very poignant moment for Chev Walker being in charge. Chev was in the same age group as Rob growing up, Chev played for, if my memory holds up, Hunslet. At 13 he was the size then that he is now, he was an absolute monster of a kid.

Rob was Feath, and my boys played at Cas Smawthorne. Kev Sinfield, I think was Oldham.

My eldest played Union for the Tykes as they were then when open age came around. He was asked to train with the Rhinos when the Union season ended. Although he had played for England age-groups he said the speed of the Rhinos lads was another level. I don’t think most people realise how quick and strong these top athletes are.

I have a (paper sheet) programme somewhere in the attic where they all represented their respective county, at Wigan, I believe, under 11. A teary moment, as you say - I was a rhinos supporter last night.
Great history there OB 👏👏👏 Smawthorne Lane takes me back, many a good night spent in the Smawthorne Lane club and Smawthorne Hotel (the latter no longer there sadly).

I thought SKY did it superbly, not sure if yet mentioned Chev, but the Opera singer and the interview with Rob’s dad on the pitch broke me 😢😢😢
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2892
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:34 pm

Re: Super League

Post by Mick Jones shoulder »

Barlow Boy wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 8:24 pm I believe it’s in recognition of MND Swannie.

Have to say I shed a tear tonight watching that build up to the game, the Rhinos did it superbly and did Rob, along with his family, proud.
I echo this completely.

Team looked far more cohesive
Run hard is the main objective to start with and thankfully they achieved that. Hopefully not a one off.
User avatar
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 16371
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am

Re: Super League

Post by whiteswan »

Tonight 8.00 PM
St Helen's v Cas sky 416

Tomorrow 3.00 PM
Leeds v Broncos sky 412
User avatar
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 5238
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:32 pm

Re: Super League

Post by Barlow Boy »

whiteswan wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2024 5:07 pm Tonight 8.00 PM
St Helen's v Cas sky 416
What a result that is 👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
User avatar
Orange Box
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3805
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:51 pm
Location: West of Scotland, formerly Cas Vegas

Re: Super League

Post by Orange Box »

Bloody hell
WARNING: During game time, any post I make is not to be taken seriously, neither is it meant as offence. I'm a hot-blooded creature prone to moments of exasperation and expletive.
User avatar
1964white
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 130682
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Super League

Post by 1964white »

My god!!!!!

Well done, Cas
User avatar
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 5238
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:32 pm

Re: Super League

Post by Barlow Boy »

1964white wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2024 8:54 pm My god!!!!!

Well done, Cas
Watched it mate, superb defensive display.
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
User avatar
1964white
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 130682
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Super League

Post by 1964white »

Rhinos scraped a 17-16 victory yesterday.

'We were very average': interim-boss boss Chev Walker unimpressed by Leeds Rhinos' golden-point win v London Broncos.
User avatar
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 5238
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:32 pm

Re: Super League

Post by Barlow Boy »

Leeds beaten comfortably at Warrington, 30-18.
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
User avatar
1964white
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 130682
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Super League

Post by 1964white »

Barlow Boy wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2024 8:52 pm Leeds beaten comfortably at Warrington, 30-18.
Not surprised, the Rhinos struggle to compete against the top teams.
User avatar
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 16371
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am

Re: Super League

Post by whiteswan »

Sat 3.00 Leeds v Hull KR Sky 408

Sun 3.00 Cas v Catalans Sky 408
User avatar
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 5238
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:32 pm

Re: Super League

Post by Barlow Boy »

whiteswan wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2024 4:11 pm Sat 3.00 Leeds v Hull KR Sky 408

Sun 3.00 Cas v Catalans Sky 408
Might be closer than many think this one.
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2892
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:34 pm

Re: Super League

Post by Mick Jones shoulder »

Hoping Brad Arthur can get our clowns to actually run hard🤔
User avatar
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 16371
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am

Re: Super League

Post by whiteswan »

Barlow Boy wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2024 4:46 pm Might be closer than many think this one.
Hope Cas stuff the imposters :x
User avatar
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 5238
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:32 pm

Re: Super League

Post by Barlow Boy »

whiteswan wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2024 5:14 pm Hope Cas stuff the imposters :x
👍.

Think we’ve started to turn a corner Swannie, hopefully the improvement continues.
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
Post Reply