General Chat

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
User avatar
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 5239
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:32 pm

Re: General Chat

Post by Barlow Boy »

Sean_Nile wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2024 11:57 am BBC Sport host Emma Louise Jones stepping back from TV due to health reasons.

IMG_20240620_145600.jpg

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/footbal ... alth-leeds
Saw Emma post it on Twitter, no idea what the health reasons are but hopefully nothing too serious.
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
User avatar
Muppet the Cat
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 13712
Joined: Mon May 29, 2017 9:42 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: General Chat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

Silicone-gel leakage complications ?? 🤔
User avatar
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 14215
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Just outside your house

Re: General Chat

Post by Jaydog »

Muppet the Cat wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2024 7:27 pm Silicone-gel leakage complications ?? 🤔
Don’t be a tit
User avatar
Sean_Nile
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1460
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2023 2:25 pm

Re: General Chat

Post by Sean_Nile »

There have been some stupid EU directives but the one that is crushing my scrotum at the moment is the tethered bottle cap. They have began to appear on bottles and cartons and make pouring or drinking extremely difficult.

I think this is the final straw that might break the camels back... I think these tethered bottle tops could start a rebellion and a revolution since people have had enough of this nonsence.

Or have the UK escaped it since they are no longer in the EU.
IMG_20240621_095027.jpg
User avatar
Finnatic
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3434
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:47 pm

Re: General Chat

Post by Finnatic »

Sean_Nile wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 6:51 am There have been some stupid EU directives but the one that is crushing my scrotum at the moment is the tethered bottle cap. They have began to appear on bottles and cartons and make pouring or drinking extremely difficult.

I think this is the final straw that might break the camels back... I think these tethered bottle tops could start a rebellion and a revolution since people have had enough of this nonsence.

Or have the UK escaped it since they are no longer in the EU.
IMG_20240621_095027.jpg
I’m with you on this 👍🏻

We have them here too and on milk cartons, they are even worse for pouring.
User avatar
Muppet the Cat
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 13712
Joined: Mon May 29, 2017 9:42 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: General Chat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

Jaydog wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2024 7:52 pm Don’t be a tit
Take your pick :tup:
BED940B1-BE2E-4CF5-B616-782AE30ECC28.jpeg
User avatar
Muppet the Cat
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 13712
Joined: Mon May 29, 2017 9:42 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: General Chat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

Finnatic wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 7:13 am I’m with you on this 👍🏻

We have them here too and on milk cartons, they are even worse for pouring.
Likewise, Finn/Rab - they have started appearing and they’re a right PITA.

On the large bottles of sparkling water we usually buy they started with one tether strip, but now there seem to be two. It’s just more awkward to screw the cap back on that it needs to be. I assume it’s to stop littering and try and make sure the whole bottle (with cap) gets recycled and that there are far more important things in the world to moan about ………..but yes they are annoying.
User avatar
Sean_Nile
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1460
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2023 2:25 pm

Re: General Chat

Post by Sean_Nile »

Muppet the Cat wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 7:29 am Likewise, Finn/Rab - they have started appearing and they’re a right PITA.

On the large bottles of sparkling water we usually buy they started with one tether strip, but now there seem to be two. It’s just more awkward to screw the cap back on that it needs to be. I assume it’s to stop littering and try and make sure the whole bottle (with cap) gets recycled and that there are far more important things in the world to moan about ………..but yes they are annoying.
I've had a few accidents when pouring milk or juice, because the cap flips into the liquid being poured and splatters it everywhere.

Lives are being more difficult and less convenient are in the name of saving the environment... 15 minute cities... electric cars... just stop oil... extinction rebellion... tethered bottle tops are all part of a wider agenda.
User avatar
CUSSIE01
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 2424
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:45 am
Location: Northern Ireland

Re: General Chat

Post by CUSSIE01 »

Sean_Nile wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 6:51 am There have been some stupid EU directives but the one that is crushing my scrotum at the moment is the tethered bottle cap. They have began to appear on bottles and cartons and make pouring or drinking extremely difficult.

I think this is the final straw that might break the camels back... I think these tethered bottle tops could start a rebellion and a revolution since people have had enough of this nonsence.

Or have the UK escaped it since they are no longer in the EU.
IMG_20240621_095027.jpg
Spot on, don’t think I’ve ever recycled a bottle without screwing the top on first but now some little jobsworth in an office in Brussels has decided we need educated on how to screw it on. I just use scissors to cut it off but I think I’ll recycle the bottle now and throw the lid on the street. Get that rebellion/revolution started Sean and sign me up.
Keeping The Faith
User avatar
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 14215
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Just outside your house

Re: General Chat

Post by Jaydog »

Muppet the Cat wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 7:22 am Take your pick :tup:

BED940B1-BE2E-4CF5-B616-782AE30ECC28.jpeg
Penduline.
That’s a Tit I’ve never heard of.
User avatar
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 12204
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:15 am

Re: General Chat

Post by Kennyb41 »

Muppet the Cat wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 7:22 am Take your pick :tup:

BED940B1-BE2E-4CF5-B616-782AE30ECC28.jpeg
I love a Great Tit.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:
Must dash.
;@)
User avatar
hector
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 12168
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:57 am
Location: Salisbury

Re: General Chat

Post by hector »

Kennyb41 wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 11:31 am I am a Great Tit.
FTFY mate :) :)
User avatar
hector
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 12168
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:57 am
Location: Salisbury

Re: General Chat

Post by hector »

you left yourself wide open there... The sort of thing '64 does.
User avatar
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 12204
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:15 am

Re: General Chat

Post by Kennyb41 »

hector wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 11:43 am FTFY mate :) :)
Couldn't resist huh.

Where's the complaints dept ?

YS, i'm bein abused here, totally out of order and uncalled for, I don't think there's another person here that thinks i'm a Great Tit.

Please form an orderly queue.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:
Must dash.
;@)
User avatar
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 12204
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:15 am

Re: General Chat

Post by Kennyb41 »

hector wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 11:43 am you left yourself wide open there... The sort of thing '64 does.
I'm so hurt and offended i ain't leavin the house all day now :verysad:
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:
Must dash.
;@)
User avatar
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 12204
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:15 am

Re: General Chat

Post by Kennyb41 »

A relative of the Great - Perky.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:
Must dash.
;@)
User avatar
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 12204
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:15 am

Re: General Chat

Post by Kennyb41 »

Barlow Boy wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2024 1:54 pm Saw Emma post it on Twitter, no idea what the health reasons are but hopefully nothing too serious.
Cancer related according to clickbait rumours.

Sincerely hope not.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:
Must dash.
;@)
User avatar
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 5239
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:32 pm

Re: General Chat

Post by Barlow Boy »

Kennyb41 wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 12:17 pm Cancer related according to clickbait rumours.

Sincerely hope not.
Blimey, not seen that Kenny.

As you say, hopefully nothing close to that serious.
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
User avatar
Sean_Nile
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1460
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2023 2:25 pm

Re: General Chat

Post by Sean_Nile »

The double-headed eagle hand gesture is offensive to Serbian footballers because it is associated with Albanian nationalism. This gesture symbolizes the Albanian flag, which features a black double-headed eagle on a red background.
IMG_20240622_101400.jpg
Tensions between Serbs and Albanians are deeply rooted in historical, ethnic, and political conflicts, particularly relating to the Kosovo region.

The gesture thus carries strong nationalist and political connotations, reflecting the contentious and often hostile relationship between the two groups. Yet the crest on the shirt of the Serbs also has a double headed eagle.
IMG_20240622_101240.jpg
When made by Albanian players, this gesture can be seen as a provocative display of nationalism and support for Kosovo's independence, which many Serbs find deeply offensive and inflammatory.

Serbia has threaten to withdraw for the Euros because of racist and ethnic provocations, and the English get into a tizz-wozz over the gay pride Saint Georges flag on the neck of the England strip.

Just how important are symbols and identity in Football... would we be happy with a Red Bull Leeds kit.
User avatar
Sean_Nile
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1460
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2023 2:25 pm

Re: General Chat

Post by Sean_Nile »

Facts you didn't know about Jordan Pickford.

However, if his dad’s upbringing has gone differently, he may have been called Jordan Pigford. The England man’s father felt compelled to change his name as a youngster to stop classmates calling him ‘piggy’.

Too much information.
Post Reply