Jack Harrison- Average Jack returns to irrelevant Everton

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Jack Harrison

Post by DDB220 »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 11:52 pm Radz was interviewed on the Square Ball at the start of the season and literally said "Relegation is impossible!"

They (collectively or whoever was involved in putting the clause in the contracts) must have believed that relegation would be impossible. Otherwise why are you going to allow a player to leave for free. Why are you going to let Harrison go out and pay his wages. They had to (naively) think it wasn't going to happen.
If they thought it was impossible why bother with the clause. We had avoided relegation the previous season by the skin of our teeth. What someone says and what they think is not always aligned.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

DDB220 wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2024 9:27 pm If they thought it was impossible why bother with the clause. We had avoided relegation the previous season by the skin of our teeth. What someone says and what they think is not always aligned.
The clause is there because the player/agent wants it. Not the club,

But I really do believe they were ignorant/stupid enough to think they weren't going to get relegated. When you heard the talk at the start of the season, they really thought they'd hit the jackpot in the transfer market. Something like 5 in for 2 out. And there was a general thought that we were looking at a better more well-rounded squad than the previous season. That said, they did give Harrison, Llorente, and Wober contracts later in the season when things did look a little more worrisome.

But if the board really were considering relegation a strong possibility, why give Harrison that new deal with the loan clause? Why not just let him complete the deal to Leicester? I think they were just blindly arrogant in thinking we'd be OK.

Having said that, I thought we were one win away from relaxing right before the Palace game.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2024 9:45 pm The clause is there because the player/agent wants it. Not the club,

But I really do believe they were ignorant/stupid enough to think they weren't going to get relegated. When you heard the talk at the start of the season, they really thought they'd hit the jackpot in the transfer market. Something like 5 in for 2 out. And there was a general thought that we were looking at a better more well-rounded squad than the previous season. That said, they did give Harrison, Llorente, and Wober contracts later in the season when things did look a little more worrisome.

But if the board really were considering relegation a strong possibility, why give Harrison that new deal with the loan clause? Why not just let him complete the deal to Leicester? I think they were just blindly arrogant in thinking we'd be OK.

Having said that, I thought we were one win away from relaxing right before the Palace game.
I read the Weston Mckennie interview earlier and the stepping stone club bit stuck out (didn't use those exact words but it's what he meant).

I think that goes a long way to explaining all of this.

Victor Orta, Andrea Radrizzani and Angus Kinnear sold us as a stepping stone club.

And they were very open about it, that was the whole policy, run the club on sales.

Every signing we made will have been told that, "do well here and you can join a richer club" (i refuse to say bigger).

And we won't be difficult about it, another thing the club literally told Phil Hay to say when he wrote about Raph.

The 3 stooges signed players on the promise they would be sold to progress the careers.

Was never any talk of "do well for us we can progress together".

So every signing we made was promised career progression but not club progression.

Radz and co were happy to survive and fund the club with sales and help players move up the ladder.

So when you think about all that and then remember that during these negotiations Radz or whoever said "ah but if we are relegated you need to take a 40-60%" wage reduction.

Every player and agent will go "but hang on you just told us we will progress and go up the ladder, in that case we want a get out clause".

And of course as we won't be difficult we agreed.

So imo the whole thing stems from the attitude of those in charge.

No other team uses these loan clauses.

It all stems from the stepping stone mentality of those in charge.

Makes me quite angry tbh.

Fans always want an ambitious club, we never had any intention of being one and its reflected in these clauses.

Wage reduction in relegation scenarios isn't unusual.

Why are we the only club he gives a get out of jail card? Because the owners had that mentality and they didn't even hide it.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Cjay wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2024 10:15 pm I read the Weston Mckennie interview earlier and the stepping stone club bit stuck out (didn't use those exact words but it's what he meant).

Victor Orta, Andrea Radrizzani and Angus Kinnear sold us as a stepping stone club.

And they were very open about it, that was the whole policy, run the club on sales.

Every signing we made will have been told that, "do well here and you can join a richer club" (i refuse to say bigger).

And we won't be difficult about it, another thing the club literally told Phil Hay to say when he wrote about Raph.

The 3 stooges signed players on the promise they would be sold to progress the careers.

So every signing we made was promised career progression but not club progression.

Radz and co were happy to survive and fund the club with sales and help players move up the ladder.

So when you think about all that and then remember that during these negotiations Radz or whoever said "ah but if we are relegated you need to take a 40-60%" wage reduction.

Every player and agent will go "but hang on you just told us we will progress and go up the ladder, in that case we want a get out clause".

Fans always want an ambitious club, we never had any intention of being one and its reflected in these clauses.

Why are we the only club he gives a get out of jail card? Because the owners had that mentality and they didn't even hide it.
Only coz Swannie will clump you
"Any artistic decision which is based on whether or not you're going to make money isn't an artistic decision, it's a business decision"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

The Subhuman wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 7:41 am Only coz Swannie will clump you
Well yes.

Or made me listen to Jane Mcdonald
Signed

King Cjay

whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

The Subhuman wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 7:41 am Only coz Swannie will clump you
You know me too well faaip. I was just going to congratulate him on his wording.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Cjay wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 11:31 am Well yes.

Or made me listen to Jane Mcdonald
Jane :love:
hector

Post by hector »

whiteswan wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 11:37 am Jane :love:
Oh FFS :roll:
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

hector wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 11:48 am Oh FFS :roll:
Well, you can blame CJay for that
"Any artistic decision which is based on whether or not you're going to make money isn't an artistic decision, it's a business decision"
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

hector wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 11:48 am Oh FFS :roll:
You know you love her really..... ;-)
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2024 10:15 pm I read the Weston Mckennie interview earlier and the stepping stone club bit stuck out (didn't use those exact words but it's what he meant).

Yep. Radz was never right for Leeds. The way the club had no self respect under him was embarrassing and shameful. Just glad he's gone and hopefully these owners can push us on and give us a stronger mentality going forward.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

SG90 wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 2:32 pm Yep. Radz was never right for Leeds. The way the club had no self respect under him was embarrassing and shameful. Just glad he's gone and hopefully these owners can push us on and give us a stronger mentality going forward.
An owner who broke the run of pure s**t of 16 years and got us back in the prem... he deserves some respect... He has mine.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

The Subhuman wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 2:33 pm An owner who broke the run of pure s**t of 16 years and got us back in the prem... he deserves some respect... He has mine.
Carried by one man. In reality, we were never ready for the PL under Radz' stewardship.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

SG90 wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 2:40 pm Carried by one man. In reality, we were never ready for the PL under Radz' stewardship.
No one is ready for the prem, especially after 16 years of s**t money playing in lower leagues . Take that back. Burnley were, recent experience, cash in bank and very good manager...
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

The Subhuman wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 2:33 pm An owner who broke the run of pure s**t of 16 years and got us back in the prem... he deserves some respect... He has mine.
Lately I've been moaning about what happened in the last couple of seasons. But overall I think Radz did a tremendous job bring stability back to the club.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 3:26 pm Lately I've been moaning about what happened in the last couple of seasons. But overall I think Radz did a tremendous job bring stability back to the club.
Great job, deserves respect... 5 year plan completed in 3. Sacking Bielsa/Inserting Marsch was the massive error that still impacts us. And I think that was also down to the Niners who would have had a say in that decision
AcrossThePondAsh
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by AcrossThePondAsh »

Source: https://x.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1805232551943970971
In Farke we trust...
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

AcrossThePondAsh wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2024 2:24 pm

Source: https://x.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1805232551943970971
oh-no-top-gear.gif
oh-no-top-gear.gif (2.64 MiB) Viewed 263 times
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Short and sweet.

Not forgetting the club agreed to these stupid clauses :lol:
Signed

King Cjay

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Cjay wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2024 4:19 pm
Short and sweet.

Not forgetting the club agreed to these stupid clauses :lol:
Which is fine if you're the type to let it get to you but it's something I don't give a s**t about...