Glen Kamara

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Glen Kamara

Post by 1964white »

Watford

Good
5 ball recoveries
3 tackles
2 excellent passes
2 inteceptions
1 decent pass
92% pass accuracy

Bad
1 lost possession
1 lost marker

A decent debut, assisted Ampadu well in the middle of the park

7/10
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

malcolmw wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 1:15 am Not sure if there's a thread started on this, but this discussion does make you wonder who DF will select as his starting 11 against So'ton.

The only real question for me is the back 4. He has Rodon back after 1 game suspension. I don't see him as a right back though. Does Coops keep his place because he's captain?
The rest could well be status quo from last Saturday?
Pascal has been Farke's captain this season so far I think, yes, get the Coop injury but Ayling has been available to take the captains armband

Struijk and Rondon should start, they've both been class this season. I do really rate Coop but right now I think the former pair are better
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

It will be Rodon and Cooper unless he plays Ayling. You need the leadership on the pitch.

If you haven’t played the game, without being patronising- you need a leader on the grass. Whether it is Cooper or Ayling, although I prefer the former.

Both Cresswell and Struijk will get plenty of mins - it is a long season and there will be injuries and suspensions without a shadow of a doubt.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

The Subhuman wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 1:17 pm Pascal has been Farke's captain this season so far I think, yes, get the Coop injury but Ayling has been available to take the captains armband

Struijk and Rondon should start, they've both been class this season. I do really rate Coop but right now I think the former pair are better
They have indeed, Rodon & Struijk are our future

Let's face it, Cooper won't be no good to us when we are back in the Premier League, next season. Coop's experience is valuable to us in this campaign, though.

I'll be cross if Rodon is dropped, he has the pace none of our other CB's possess, vital in one on one scenario's
malcolmw
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by malcolmw »

1964white wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 4:03 pm They have indeed, Rodon & Struijk are our future

Let's face it, Cooper won't be no good to us when we are back in the Premier League, next season. Coop's experience is valuable to us in this campaign, though.

I'll be cross if Rodon is dropped, he has the pace none of our other CB's possess, vital in one on one scenario's
Agree. And you need Byrum for these big games, given his form.
So it comes down to RB. Coops, especially now with his old legs, can only play a more CB role - which he did really well last Saturday.
So if Coops "has to" play...and Rodon....and Struijk....and Byrum....??

Totally agree with the comment that Coops leadership counts for something on the field. Pascal doesn't seem like a natural captain.
But it does create a selection dilemma.
Probably the major one for DF right now. But that's why he gets the big bucks - to make those decisions. :roflmao:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Southampton (a)

Good
5 decent passes
2 interceptions
1 ball recoveries

Bad
1 lost possession
1 lost marker his marker, ball watching for the second goal.
1 dribbled past

Another player who may as well not been on the pitch, you can't go missing in the engine room.

2/10
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Just very tidy isn't he.

Uses the ball intelligently and well, it's not always exciting but it keeps the ball moving and ticking over.

91% pass accuracy (by a distance the best on the pitch).

2 chances created.

Very solid.

Strong as well, protects the ball well.
Last edited by Cjay on Sat Oct 07, 2023 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
JoeDenver
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by JoeDenver »

Grew into the game and that shoulder fake for the first goal caught at least three of their players going the wrong way.
Fly Fishing, Skiing, and The Damned United
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Bristol City (h)

Good
10 decent passes
3 ball recoveries
3 tackles
2 nice turns
1 block
1 interceptions
1 dribble
1 exceptional tackle
1 assist :fire:

Bad
lost marker for robins goal

Summary
As with Piroe, much more involved in this game, looking very solid in the middle of the park. Second time he has been caught ball watching in the box & as a consequence conceding a goal.

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Well he played well enough for LUFC official to post a masterclass video. Thought he was nigh on perfect personally, don't blame him for the goal
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
AcrossThePondAsh
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by AcrossThePondAsh »

The Subhuman wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 10:00 pm Well he played well enough for LUFC official to post a masterclass video. Thought he was nigh on perfect personally, don't blame him for the goal
A class act. Another very, very smart addition to the team. Not that it looks like Archie needs it, but between the calm and years playing of Kamara, including his matches in Europe, and Ampadu's loan travels and leadership on the pitch, Gray has some very good role models (not discounting Gruev just haven't seen enough to say).
In Farke we trust...
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

AcrossThePondAsh wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 10:19 pm A class act. Another very, very smart addition to the team. Not that it looks like Archie needs it, but between the calm and years playing of Kamara, including his matches in Europe, and Ampadu's loan travels and leadership on the pitch, Gray has some very good role models (not discounting Gruev just haven't seen enough to say).
Can't have Gruev starting yet, still haven't finished learning how to pronounce his name... Hopefully it'll be easier than Klich was
1964white

Post by 1964white »

The Subhuman wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 10:00 pm Well he played well enough for LUFC official to post a masterclass video. Thought he was nigh on perfect personally, don't blame him for the goal
Why?

He was marking Naismith & Smallbone at St Mary's, lost his marker in both games marking fresh air.

I doubt Rodon, Struijk, Ampadu or Byram would have lost him if they were his designated marker.

You can't excuse someone who is not doing his job to suit your viewpoint.

All our back four were above Kamara, imo, hardly put a foot/head wrong & kept us solid throughout the game, not going to sleep at any moment of the game.

The reason everyone of them received 9/10 from me, & Kamara 7.5.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

I love good, efficient defending, that is where clean sheets come from.

I'm seeing that for the first time from our back four & dm in a long time.

Did everybody notice our back four v Bristol City are all tall, excellent in the air & on the ground, a unit of togetherness who vow thou shall not pass!
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

1964white wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 5:36 am Why?

He was marking Naismith & Smallbone at St Mary's, lost his marker in both games marking fresh air.

I doubt Rodon, Struijk, Ampadu or Byram would have lost him if they were his designated marker.

You can't excuse someone who is not doing his job to suit your viewpoint.

All our back four were above Kamara, imo, hardly put a foot/head wrong & kept us solid throughout the game, not going to sleep at any moment of the game.

The reason everyone of them received 9/10 from me, & Kamara 7.5.
A tad inconsistent marking if you don’t mind me saying, Leon. Rutter drops 0.5 in your marking system for missing an open goal, yet Kamara drops 2.5 for losing his man at the other end. Both actions have the same net result, a negative goal difference for Leeds United.

Rutter made up for his mistake, and I would argue Kamara certainly made up for his.

No doubt you will respond that Kamara regularly losses his man in the box, which is clearly a concern. But doesn’t Rutter also fluff his lines more than he ought?

I don’t know why I’m getting concerned at your scoring system, it doesn’t matter in the scheme of things because your matchplay analysis is very good and you are entitled to sign off with a subjective score.
WARNING: During game time, any post I make is not to be taken seriously, neither is it meant as offence. I'm a hot-blooded creature prone to moments of exasperation and expletive.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Difficult to jump when the attacker has two hands on your shoulders and is using you for a ladder ... Surprised we dont allow lifting in football
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Orange Box wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 10:26 am A tad inconsistent marking if you don’t mind me saying, Leon. Rutter drops 0.5 in your marking system for missing an open goal, yet Kamara drops 2.5 for losing his man at the other end. Both actions have the same net result, a negative goal difference for Leeds United.

Rutter made up for his mistake, and I would argue Kamara certainly made up for his.

No doubt you will respond that Kamara regularly losses his man in the box, which is clearly a concern. But doesn’t Rutter also fluff his lines more than he ought?

I don’t know why I’m getting concerned at your scoring system, it doesn’t matter in the scheme of things because your matchplay analysis is very good and you are entitled to sign off with a subjective score.
These reason I gave Rutter 9.5 OB, was because he had 40 positives actions during the game which is immense to be fair, almost double amount to Kamara, although Georginio had a few more negative actions than Glen

Georginio had one horrendous missed chance, but one assist to his name, plus his all-round display was a joy to behold, he was everywhere!

Kamara got caught napping defensively once again, he also had one assist to his name, his best game in a Leeds shirt imo, & he can only get better, when you bear in mind he didn't have a decent pre-season preparation.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Norwich City (a)

Good
7 decent passes
1 excellent pass
1 interception
1 run

Bad
1 no challenge for their second goal.
1 lost marker for their disallowed goal
1 poor cross
1 poor pass
1 lost a header
1 shot wide

Summary
Glimpses of skills, however I thought Glen was distinctly average

5.5/10
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Was quietly very solid.

His use of the ball isn't exciting but it's very efficient.

Rarely loses the ball.

Strong, makes good runs, bit of skill about him.

If he could add a few goals and assists that would be nice.

But very effective.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
GreennWhite
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by GreennWhite »

You need players like Kamara in all teams. The sort that almost goes unnoticed because they dont do anything extra special. They do the donkey work for people like Rutter, and that allows him to show skills and then everybody praises his performances.
Have to remember its still early days for Kamara to be fully up to speed with his new team mates, and them with him.