First time to Elland Road

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
CanuckMightyWhite
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

First time to Elland Road

Post by CanuckMightyWhite »

Just finished booking!! Super excited for my first ever trip to Leeds, let alone Elland Road. April 25th home to Leicester!!!
Staying at the Malmaison, any recommendations on places to visit, eat & drink will be appreciated. Will be there from the 24th afternoon till 26th mid-day.

Cheers, MOT!!
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: First time to Elland Road

Post by 1964white »

Nice one Canuck :tup:

Unfortunately, I'll miss the Leicester game as we're on holiday keeping Swannie entertained in sunny Suffolk.

I'll leave it to the lads & lassies on here to recommend pub/restaurants in Leeds.
CanuckMightyWhite
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

1964white wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:44 pm Nice one Canuck :tup:

Unfortunately, I'll miss the Leicester game as we're on holiday keeping Swannie entertained in sunny Suffolk.

I'll leave it to the lads & lassies on here to recommend pub/restaurants in Leeds.
Thanks. The timing worked great, and the Hospitality package was still available so took the plunge.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:44 pm Nice one Canuck :tup:

Hope it is Sunny Suffolk 64 :sun: ....chuffing cold last year :shock:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:47 pm Hope it is Sunny Suffolk 64 :sun: ....chuffing cold last year :shock:
Bitterly cold wind, Swannie

Couldn't get out of our flat on the Thursday/Friday due to snow blizzards, 60mph gale-force winds & -3 to -5 temperatures. Worst weather we've experienced whilst on holiday, that was during the last week in March, hopefully coming down there in late April, we'll get lucky.
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

I did the same as you, Canuck, on my first trip to Leeds a few years ago; bought a hospitality ticket, etc.

Highlights of my trip:

A pint at Whitelock’s, the oldest pub in Leeds

A pint at the Peacock and some fish and chips from Gravely’s before the game

The locals on these pages can give you better recommendations, I’m sure, but as far as touristy things go, these were pretty cool.

SOOO jealous

Enjoy. I’ve been to World Series games, NFL playoff games, and a number of other major events. There is nothing like the atmosphere at Elland Road.
CanuckMightyWhite
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

John in Louisiana wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 2:30 am I did the same as you, Canuck, on my first trip to Leeds a few years ago; bought a hospitality ticket, etc.

Highlights of my trip:

A pint at Whitelock’s, the oldest pub in Leeds

A pint at the Peacock and some fish and chips from Gravely’s before the game

The locals on these pages can give you better recommendations, I’m sure, but as far as touristy things go, these were pretty cool.

SOOO jealous

Enjoy. I’ve been to World Series games, NFL playoff games, and a number of other major events. There is nothing like the atmosphere at Elland Road.
Thanks John. Gravely’s and Peacock were on my list, added Whitelock too now.
Jimstorrie
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Jimstorrie »

Two very different places to drink, both within two minutes walk of the Malmaison.
North Taproom on Sovereign Street is just across the road, modern style bar serving craft beer.
Just round the corner, over the bridge is the Adelphi. Traditional pub, an architectural classic, typical Victorian gin Palace.
CanuckMightyWhite
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Jimstorrie wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:31 am Two very different places to drink, both within two minutes walk of the Malmaison.
North Taproom on Sovereign Street is just across the road, modern style bar serving craft beer.
Just round the corner, over the bridge is the Adelphi. Traditional pub, an architectural classic, typical Victorian gin Palace.
Thanks Jim.
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

You’ve probably already got this planned CMW, but the tour of the stadium is a must.

P.S I’ll give you a wave from the KOP :wave: :wave: :wave:
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
CanuckMightyWhite
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Barlow Boy wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 1:16 pm You’ve probably already got this planned CMW, but the tour of the stadium is a must.

P.S I’ll give you a wave from the KOP :wave: :wave: :wave:
Ta mate, will look at a stadium tour booking today.
CanuckMightyWhite
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

CanuckMightyWhite wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:25 am Ta mate, will look at a stadium tour booking today.
Unable to book a stadium tour online. Have emailed the club ticketing.
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

CanuckMightyWhite wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 2:08 am Unable to book a stadium tour online. Have emailed the club ticketing.
Odd, I thought they did them fairly frequently.

Anyway, I’d definitely try and do it if I were you (if available).
CanuckMightyWhite
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

This is Ticketing’s response:

“ The club are now looking to have stadium tours in the Leeds school holidays and on days where there is no game being played. This can change in the future.

We currently have no stadium tours available. We normally put the tours on sale around a month before the dates. No dates for April have yet been confirmed, but we are looking to have dates for the Easter School Holidays - we are waiting for confirmation.

We do not do stadium tours on match days or day before fixtures”

Looks like I’ll miss this, maybe another time in the future.
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

CanuckMightyWhite wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:11 pm This is Ticketing’s response:

“ The club are now looking to have stadium tours in the Leeds school holidays and on days where there is no game being played. This can change in the future.

We currently have no stadium tours available. We normally put the tours on sale around a month before the dates. No dates for April have yet been confirmed, but we are looking to have dates for the Easter School Holidays - we are waiting for confirmation.

We do not do stadium tours on match days or day before fixtures”

Looks like I’ll miss this, maybe another time in the future.
That’s a shame, I thought the tour I went on was brilliant.

They took you round everywhere first, then basically let you wander round the stadium and do whatever you liked. I was laid out on the treatment table, in the changing rooms, in the press box, LUTV studios, dugouts and pitch-side plus loads more.

As you say, maybe next time you’re over.
WhiteRose
First Team
First Team

Post by WhiteRose »

Got me thinking, What’s everyone’s first memory of going to elland road? Mine is really random, was a farewell to Gary Lineker match in 1993 with Leeds vs Grampus Eight - think we went with school. Not sure why lineker would have his testimonial at elland road, didnt question it at the time but seems odd now.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

WhiteRose wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:44 pm Got me thinking, What’s everyone’s first memory of going to elland road? Mine is really random, was a farewell to Gary Lineker match in 1993 with Leeds vs Grampus Eight - think we went with school. Not sure why lineker would have his testimonial at elland road, didnt question it at the time but seems odd now.
Billy Bremner scoring a goal in my first game vs Grimsby in the 1963/64 season.
eastyorkshirewhite
First Team
First Team

Post by eastyorkshirewhite »

mine was november 1964 we beat southampton 3-1
1964white

Post by 1964white »

eastyorkshirewhite wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:59 am mine was november 1964 we beat southampton 3-1
The beginning of the glory years :-D
VinnysTattoo
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by VinnysTattoo »

You guys going in the 60’s makes me feel a little younger, so thanks for that 😁

First game 1970 against Coventry. Long range bullet from Giles and a Big Jack goal I can’t remember.