Man Utd v Leeds - Player Ratings

Predict the scores...if you can!

- LUFC Match Predictions
- Predict Six
- FA Cup Predictions

Plenty to choose from - dip in and have a go - all MOT members welcome. Just for fun.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Man Utd v Leeds - Player Ratings

Post by 1964white »

Meslier
Ayling
Koch
Wober
Struijk
Adams
Mckennie
Harrison
Sinisterra
Gnonto
Bamford
subs
1964white

Re: Man Utd v Leeds - Player Ratings

Post by 1964white »

bump
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

First as usual

Meslier - 7.5
Ayling - 8
Struijk - 6.5 INJ
Adams - 8
Koch - 7
Wober - 9 MOTM
Sinisterra - 6 INJ
McKennie - 8
Bamford - 7.5 SUB
Harrison - 7 SUB
Gnonto - 9

Summerville - 8.5
Firpo - 6.5
Aaronson - 7.5
Rutter - 6.5
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Lumiukko
First Team
First Team

Post by Lumiukko »

Meslier - 7.5
Ayling - 8
Struijk - 6
Adams - 8
Koch - 7.5
Wober - 9
Sinisterra - 5
McKennie - 8
Bamford - 7
Harrison - 6.5
Gnonto - 9

Summerville - 8
Firpo - 7
Aaronson - 7.5
Rutter - 6
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

Meslier 7: Could he have done better with their second? He still doesn't seem at the top of his game for whatever reason to me. I felt he could have come for a few more crosses that he did. One decent tip over and a few nerve calming holds towards the end.
Ayling 7: You can never fault Bill for energy he gave it his all up and down the pitch but the introduction of Sancho finished him off. He was barely moving at the end and beaten far too easily.
Koch 8: Back to the Koch i remember. Really good solid game except for allowing Rashford to rise above him for the goal. He must get up better than that.
Wober 9: He really is looking like our go to defender. We haven't had a solid defender since Pontus left us but Wober looks solid so far. Its comforting knowing we may have found a good defender at last.
Struijk 6: Played better for the time he was on the pitch. Its STILL a massive fuk by the club to leave us with only Firpo. Why the hell they don't try Rasmus over that side is beyond me. I played loads on the left despite being right footed as a kid.
Adams 8: Fighting fires most of the game but i wouldn't want anyone else doing it for this club. Immense.
Mckennie 8: Slow start i felt fh but showed his quality. He still needs fitness work to get him upto speed but he's more mobile and cleverer than Roca for me. Him and Adams will be crucial in the run in.
Harrison 7: Jack did well in finding the space and carried the ball forward really well, just let down by his options when releasing the pass. Good nights work tho.
Sinisterra 6: He's turning into the new sicknote. Shame for the kid but there was no one around him and he just collapsed. I thought it was something far more serious at first. It looks like his hamstring.
Gnonto 9: Absolute menace again. You could sense the admiration from the ot crowd everytime he got the ball. My only concern for the kid is burnout. He looked knackered at the end.
Bamford 6: Nice little 1-2 for the goal. Working hard for the team without creating anything in front of goal.

Subs
Firpo 5: A couple of decent tackles but he's a liability. He was lucky not to get sent off and he knew it. Also one pass that put us under pressure. He will be sold in the summer the fact Struik is keeping him on the bench tells its own story.
Jimmy 6: Some nice touches. The lads got skill and needs to be more direct like Willy. I don't think the defencive side of his game helps us and Ayling much.
Aaronson 8: Come on and did really well. Quick feet and direct just what we needed to give mu something to think about. He's going to be an asset from the bench for the rest of the season.
Rutter7: A couple of flicks that didn't come off but again showed glimpses of attacking flair with plenty more to come.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Leeds1000 wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:47 pm Meslier 7: Could he have done better with their second? He still doesn't seem at the top of his game for whatever reason to me. I felt he could have come for a few more crosses that he did. One decent tip over and a few nerve calming holds towards the end.
Ayling 7: You can never fault Bill for energy he gave it his all up and down the pitch but the introduction of Sancho finished him off. He was barely moving at the end and beaten far too easily.
Koch 8: Back to the Koch i remember. Really good solid game except for allowing Rashford to rise above him for the goal. He must get up better than that.
Wober 9: He really is looking like our go to defender. We haven't had a solid defender since Pontus left us but Wober looks solid so far. Its comforting knowing we may have found a good defender at last.
Struijk 6: Played better for the time he was on the pitch. Its STILL a massive fuk by the club to leave us with only Firpo. Why the hell they don't try Rasmus over that side is beyond me. I played loads on the left despite being right footed as a kid.
Adams 8: Fighting fires most of the game but i wouldn't want anyone else doing it for this club. Immense.
Mckennie 8: Slow start i felt fh but showed his quality. He still needs fitness work to get him upto speed but he's more mobile and cleverer than Roca for me. Him and Adams will be crucial in the run in.
Harrison 7: Jack did well in finding the space and carried the ball forward really well, just let down by his options when releasing the pass. Good nights work tho.
Sinisterra 6: He's turning into the new sicknote. Shame for the kid but there was no one around him and he just collapsed. I thought it was something far more serious at first. It looks like his hamstring.
Gnonto 9: Absolute menace again. You could sense the admiration from the ot crowd everytime he got the ball. My only concern for the kid is burnout. He looked knackered at the end.
Bamford 6: Nice little 1-2 for the goal. Working hard for the team without creating anything in front of goal.

Subs
Firpo 5: A couple of decent tackles but he's a liability. He was lucky not to get sent off and he knew it. Also one pass that put us under pressure. He will be sold in the summer the fact Struik is keeping him on the bench tells its own story.
Jimmy 6: Some nice touches. The lads got skill and needs to be more direct like Willy. I don't think the defencive side of his game helps us and Ayling much.
Aaronson 8: Come on and did really well. Quick feet and direct just what we needed to give mu something to think about. He's going to be an asset from the bench for the rest of the season.
Rutter7: A couple of flicks that didn't come off but again showed glimpses of attacking flair with plenty more to come.
Cry is a very direct player, and again with the assist. 6 seems harsh considering he did a lot more than Rutter
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

Meslier - 7
Ayling - 8
Struijk - 6
Adams - 8
Koch - 7.5
Wober - 9
Sinisterra - 6
McKennie - 8
Bamford - 7
Harrison - 7
Gnonto - 8

Summerville - 7.5
Firpo - 7
Aaronson - 8
Rutter - 6.5
Tyzy
First Team
First Team

Post by Tyzy »

Meslier - 8
Ayling - 8
Struijk - 6
Adams - 8
Koch - 7
Wober - 9
Sinisterra - 5
McKennie - 8
Bamford - 7
Harrison - 7
Gnonto - 9

Summerville - 8
Firpo - 7
Aaronson - 7
Rutter - 6
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Meslier 8
Ayling 9
Koch 9
Wober 10
Struijk 7
Adams 9
Mckennie 8
Harrison 8
Sinisterra N/A
Gnonto 9
Bamford 7

subs

Summerville 8
Firpo 7
Aaronson 8
Rutter 7
Greenwood N/A
Joseph N/A
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

faaip wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:52 pm Cry is a very direct player, and again with the assist. 6 seems harsh considering he did a lot more than Rutter
Not a patch on Willy in terms of direct running. That should be one of the next managers first jobs... To get Jimmy playing with the same intense direct running with the ball as Willy... altho he's nowhere near as strong.
Lumiukko
First Team
First Team

Post by Lumiukko »

Leeds1000 wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 1:15 pm Not a patch on Willy in terms of direct running. That should be one of the next managers first jobs... To get Jimmy playing with the same intense direct running with the ball as Willy... altho he's nowhere near as strong.
Not wanting to derail this thread, but I would agree only to an extent. Cry is the kind of player who doesn't need to bulk up so much (unlike Aaronson who does). He has fast feet and draws a lot of fouls. I quite like the juxtaposition of Cry and Gnonto and their differing styles will make it tough for defenders to adapt when both are on the pitch.
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

Lumiukko wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 6:07 pm Not wanting to derail this thread, but I would agree only to an extent. Cry is the kind of player who doesn't need to bulk up so much (unlike Aaronson who does). He has fast feet and draws a lot of fouls. I quite like the juxtaposition of Cry and Gnonto and their differing styles will make it tough for defenders to adapt when both are on the pitch.
I may be wrong but i think Aaronson is one of our most fouled players. If we are going to go with width then Jimmy needs to attack like Willy down the right. What a combination down the wings that would be. As it turns out both Jimmy & Willy combined well over on the left for the OG. Because of their inexperience both need to do more in defence. Willy at times just walking back after losing the ball
Marcelo would have been doing his nut.
Lumiukko
First Team
First Team

Post by Lumiukko »

Leeds1000 wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 7:46 pm I may be wrong but i think Aaronson is one of our most fouled players. If we are going to go with width then Jimmy needs to attack like Willy down the right. What a combination down the wings that would be. As it turns out both Jimmy & Willy combined well over on the left for the OG. Because of their inexperience both need to do more in defence. Willy at times just walking back after losing the ball
Marcelo would have been doing his nut.
Is Aaronson our most fouled player in terms of winning a foul with the ref? I can definitely believe he is the most fouled as he's oftenn kicked all and sundry. Doesn't seem to get much shrift with the refs in my eyes.

I do love the idea of Cry and Gnonto doing more in defence but they do press hard. For young players they have good instincts and will go far in the game.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

8 Meslier
9 Ayling
8 Koch
9 Wober
n/a Struijk
9 Adams
8 Mckennie
7 Harrison
n/a Sinisterra
9 Gnonto
7 Bamford
subs
7.5 Summerville
6.5 Firpo
7.5 Aaronson
6.5 Rutter
n/a Greenwood
n/a Joseph
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

Lumiukko wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 10:44 pm Is Aaronson our most fouled player in terms of winning a foul with the ref? I can definitely believe he is the most fouled as he's oftenn kicked all and sundry. Doesn't seem to get much shrift with the refs in my eyes.

I do love the idea of Cry and Gnonto doing more in defence but they do press hard. For young players they have good instincts and will go far in the game.
Agreed. I have been blown away by Gnonto so far. I just hope we look after him properly.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Top 3

:gold: Wober
:silver: Gnonto
:bronze: Adams