Weston McKennie

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Weston McKennie

Post by 1964white »

Wolves

Good
6 good passes
4 interceptions
1 decent cross
1 shot off target
1 tackle
1 good press

Bad
2 poor passes
1 poor shot
1 lost possession
1 ball watching on the edge of the box for Cunha's goal.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Some conflicting reports on Weston McKennie.

A UK source and an Italian one have reported that we don't intend on buying him at the end of the season basically because we don't think he is worth it.

Other Italian source has said Juventus want to use him in a deal for Gnonto.

But the source I'd trust most because he works for a tier 1 source on Italian football is this one
So he seems to think that McKennie is a permanent deal In everything but name if we aren't relegated.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

How is McKennie leverage to broker a deal for Gnonto. Absolutely no chance.
I’m already sick of the talk of him leaving. You can stick the money where the sun doesn’t shine.
And if this is the drip drip Chinese water torture in the mould of Raph to Barca then give it up already. He’s only been here 5 arseing minutes ffs
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Cjay wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 7:59 pm
So he seems to think that McKennie is a permanent deal In everything but name if we aren't relegated.
The relegated etc is probably telling. I would think/hope that after getting burnt with JKA we would have agreed something along the lines of A) We avoid relegation and B) he has played a certain amount of games. That way we avoid the scenario of him being unfit or not fitting in so that he has actually played his part in us staying up rather than with the JKA deal wherein it became a deal because we got promoted although it was despite him rather than him playing any sort of important role.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Jaydog wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:19 pm How is McKennie leverage to broker a deal for Gnonto. Absolutely no chance.
I’m already sick of the talk of him leaving. You can stick the money where the sun doesn’t shine.
And if this is the drip drip Chinese water torture in the mould of Raph to Barca then give it up already. He’s only been here 5 arseing minutes ffs
Unfortunately some just seem to love bigging up who's leaving, how are they leaving, ohhhhh so and so being eyed up by this club that club and uncle Tom Cobley club. Being Sick of that talk is an understatement. Why can't us fans just appreciate what we've got and not be taken in by click baiters. But then, they wouldn't have owt to talk about......
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

whiteswan wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:13 am Unfortunately some just seem to love bigging up who's leaving, how are they leaving, ohhhhh so and so being eyed up by this club that club and uncle Tom Cobley club. Being Sick of that talk is an understatement. Why can't us fans just appreciate what we've got and not be taken in by click baiters. But then, they wouldn't have owt to talk about......
They only do it to wind you up :)
Bloody annoying though.
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

There's a player there in McKinnie, but he doesn't look Prem fit to me. I think the pace compared to Serie A is catching him out. If we stay up, and a full pre-season behind him, then I think he's a good permanent addition, but certainly not as a makeweight for Willie going the other way. As others have said, I'm sick of "journalists" and "pundits" trying to sell our players. Yes, there is always speculation, and players move clubs all the time, but Gnonto has only been here for 5 minutes, ffs! All this does, in my mind, is unsettle players, and we have bigger things to worry about.
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Jaydog wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 8:09 am They only do it to wind you up :)
Bloody annoying though.
I'm beginning to think so Jay :lol:
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

whiteswan wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:14 am I'm beginning to think so Jay :lol:
Was actually focusing on the McKennie bit of the tweet Swannie :)

The other bit comes with it automatically

Innocent
Signed

King Cjay

whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Cjay wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:00 pm Was actually focusing on the McKennie bit of the tweet Swannie :)

The other bit comes with it automatically

Innocent
I believe you.....thousands wouldn't :lol:

You have to admit though, it's very annoying to have our players talked about as if our football club doesn't exist
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

whiteswan wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 1:36 pm I believe you.....thousands wouldn't :lol:

You have to admit though, it's very annoying to have our players talked about as if our football club doesn't exist
It is but without a dare to dream takeover that will always be the case.

We are ran by people who are on record as wanting to run the club on sales alone.

Is what it is.

We are Premier League paupers
Signed

King Cjay

geeno_philly
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by geeno_philly »

lufc1304 wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:21 am There's a player there in McKinnie, but he doesn't look Prem fit to me. I think the pace compared to Serie A is catching him out. If we stay up, and a full pre-season behind him, then I think he's a good permanent addition, ...
100% agree.. as an American homer that wants the best for McKennie, he is NOT EPL fit...but his game is not an EPL game when he would be. Thought his game matched SerieA or LaLiga better. Hes not the high energy pest that Adams is...and doesnt have the overall technical ability to take over a game (IMO). If we can get a CAM that can control the flow better, McKennie will thrive within his skillset.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

I wouldn't spend £30m+ on him, that kinda money should go on a Pablo replacement. If we can get him for around £15m, then I'd say that's good business. Otherwise there are plenty of similar types we could get for a fraction of the price. Then have new CM, Adams, Roca and then Bate as the passing/deep lying playmaker midfielder we lack, loan out Gyabi.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Gyabi is better than Bate atm....
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
King Hennessy
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by King Hennessy »

2 goals for Mckennie in the first half on international duty. Its only granada but good to see him hit the back of the net. Aaronson has scored in the first half as well. Hopefully they can bring some of that back to Leeds.

https://twitter.com/usmntonly/status/16 ... 74977?s=20
From a far away land that some call "Chiraq"
King Hennessy
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by King Hennessy »

https://twitter.com/FOXSoccer/status/16 ... 31776?s=20

Goal #2. If Leeds can get the ball in the box off set pieces, Mckennie can be a threat.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

King Hennessy wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 12:59 am https://twitter.com/FOXSoccer/status/16 ... 31776?s=20

Goal #2. If Leeds can get the ball in the box off set pieces, Mckennie can be a threat.
Took his goals well.

If he could add a few goals to his game for us that would help.

Often seems to scared to shoot
Signed

King Cjay

King Hennessy
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by King Hennessy »

Mckennie with the type of vision, creative forward passing Leeds are looking for. He has it in him, he just has to be more consistent with it. He's having a good international break, albeit against inferior competition.

https://twitter.com/FootballReprt/statu ... 92263?s=20
JoeDenver
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by JoeDenver »

King Hennessy wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:12 am Mckennie with the type of vision, creative forward passing Leeds are looking for. He has it in him, he just has to be more consistent with it. He's having a good international break, albeit against inferior competition.

https://twitter.com/FootballReprt/statu ... 92263?s=20
He looked good tonight, with the flu no less.
Fly Fishing, Skiing, and The Damned United
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

JoeDenver wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:23 am He looked good tonight, with the flu no less.
I think a lot of people are writing him off far too early as if they know everything about him as a player, his strengths, his limitations etc.

The lad is in a new team, with a new manager, in a new league. He is finding his feet and likely also finding his role. In his first few matches he has played the Jesse system, the Skubala way and now Gracia. He has played alongside Adams in a 2, alongside Roca in a 2 and alongside both of them in a 3. To judge him so far is very premature. It isn't like he is in a position such as a winger, where even allowing for changes in formation, tactics etc you can wins the fans over by beating your man an putting in a good cross or scoring a goal. He is in a role in a team that has struggled in the central midfield area all season, largely bypassing the midfield when in possession and just chasing when not in possession.

Maybe he wasn't the ideal signing for us at the point we signed him, midway through a relegation campaign. But that isn't his fault so we need to stop judging him on what he doesn't offer to the team and instead look to see if he is improving what we have and is he getting better with every game he plays.