Patrick Bamford

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Patrick Bamford

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:21 pm
Hmm is Bamford hinting that the players aren't all aligned as Marsch says.

That sounds like a tactical dig to me
Bit rich from someone who had a shocker today :lol:
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

mentalcase wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:04 pm Well Bamfraud is one of the reasons we didn't win today, useless twat, missed a sitter totally and couldn't control simple passes yet again.
He wasn't at the races today Mental but when he went off we couldn't even clear the first hurdle. He got more game time today. I still have faith if he stays fit.
Mountain
First Team
First Team

Post by Mountain »

One thing Bamford and Harrison have demonstrated is that, with proper coaching and no injuries, their level is 9th in the PL.

The evidence for that is the fact that with a proper coach they were central to a team that finished 9th in the PL.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Pat is about 5 games off being sharp at this level.
Sini and Rutter not far off that either
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

SG90 wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:06 pm Bit rich from someone who had a shocker today :lol:
And thanks for pointing out what our system doesnt allow for
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

It's all very well saying they were good enough to get us to 9th, that was 2 seasons ago, both have done the square root of a rotten tomato since then, stop living in the past, sticking with players that don't cut it will ultimately cost us.
If we get relegated, I suppose you can always dine out on " who got us to 9th in 2021"
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Cjay wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:21 pm
Hmm is Bamford hinting that the players aren't all aligned as Marsch says.

That sounds like a tactical dig to me
Yes, that's certainly questioning the tactics. And exactly what was said by a few in game, no runners, no width, no movement taking defenders away. Lost count of the times we were playing pattycake with 4 players close together...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Victor_Notts-17
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Victor_Notts-17 »

Who do you belive? Marsh or Bamford? I 100% believe Bamford: Marsch hasn't got a clue and is way out of his depth...
Mountain
First Team
First Team

Post by Mountain »

Victor_Notts-17 wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:22 pm Who do you belive? Marsh or Bamford? I 100% believe Bamford: Marsch hasn't got a clue and is way out of his depth...
Well Bamford always seemed to be a little more thoughtful than the average footballer, with the whole education, music and languages thing. It's easy to see why he might be able to articulate concerns and not go into "the boys is sick as parrots in there" stuff.
CHAPELALLMAN
Manager
Manager

Post by CHAPELALLMAN »

mentalcase wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:08 pm It's all very well saying they were good enough to get us to 9th, that was 2 seasons ago, both have done the square root of a rotten tomato since then, stop living in the past, sticking with players that don't cut it will ultimately cost us.
If we get relegated, I suppose you can always dine out on " who got us to 9th in 2021"
True, I don't suppose that Blades fans remember the players who got them 9th in their first season back, given that they got them relegated the season after....Nobody rests on their laurels in sport. If you do, you come a cropper.
Overman
Manager
Manager

Post by Overman »

mentalcase wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:08 pm It's all very well saying they were good enough to get us to 9th, that was 2 seasons ago, both have done the square root of a rotten tomato since then, stop living in the past, sticking with players that don't cut it will ultimately cost us.
Bang on, that old narrative is a redundant argument.
CHAPELALLMAN
Manager
Manager

Post by CHAPELALLMAN »

They were Bielsa favourites and mainstays - that's the real reason for that narrative.
Mountain
First Team
First Team

Post by Mountain »

CHAPELALLMAN wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 10:44 pm They were Bielsa favourites and mainstays - that's the real reason for that narrative.
:lol: :lol:

Well obviously me saying Bamford and Harrison finished 9th in the PL under a great coach is to emphasise that, with a great coach, players like Bamford and Harrison can finish 9th in the PL.

But well done on spotting the point!
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Interesting to see that Bamford was pointing out how he was isolated, yet it appears nothing was done about it all match.

Yesterday on MOTD they showed how after 20 minutes Dyche switched Everton's wingers and got them both playing nearer to Calvert-Lewin and immediately they looked more dangerous.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

SG90 wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:06 pm Bit rich from someone who had a shocker today :lol:
Not really. If you read between the lines he's saying that the formation and instruction isn't working. Clever lad Paddy, brainy, said what we are all thinking.....that Marsch has no idea.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Mountain wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:22 pm One thing Bamford and Harrison have demonstrated is that, with proper coaching and no injuries, their level is 9th in the PL.

The evidence for that is the fact that with a proper coach they were central to a team that finished 9th in the PL.
Yep! With a proper coach. Nail on head :hamr:
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Victor_Notts-17 wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:22 pm Who do you belive? Marsh or Bamford? I 100% believe Bamford: Marsch hasn't got a clue and is way out of his depth...
Bamford told us in not so many words, the set up is c**p. I too believe Paddy....
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

CHAPELALLMAN wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:59 pm True, I don't suppose that Blades fans remember the players who got them 9th in their first season back, given that they got them relegated the season after....Nobody rests on their laurels in sport. If you do, you come a cropper.
I think you've missed the point. Paddy was saying that the set up Marsch plays is difficult and not great to play under. Surely you read that in his interview? Folk on here are only saying that certain players played much better under different tactics. Paddy is correct, Marsch tactics are just wrong and he is way out of his depth in this league
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

whiteswan wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 12:48 am Yep! With a proper coach. Nail on head :hamr:
And empty stadiums!
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Mountain wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 11:20 pm :lol: :lol:

Well obviously me saying Bamford and Harrison finished 9th in the PL under a great coach is to emphasise that, with a great coach, players like Bamford and Harrison can finish 9th in the PL.

But well done on spotting the point!
But we had the great coach last season and they were both poor. The fact is it was down to empty stadiums where they had no pressure.