Patrick Bamford

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Patrick Bamford

Post by The Subhuman »

whiteswan wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:22 am I just hope he's back for good now Leon. I was pleased he didnt do himself an injury by over celebrating his first goal but cringed when joffy jumped on him after his second goal.....
Hope someone at ER is reading this as his next goal celebration could involve handshakes and "well done old chap" while miming smoking pipes....
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

lufc1304 wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:31 am Delighted for Paddy, two beautifully taken goals and solid link up play. Hopefully the start of a full rehabilitation of the biscuit man! ;-)
I never gave up faith, and that's from someone who never was Paddy's biggest fan. I tend to stick to original evaluation, though if I was forced to name one player that looks better in Marsch's system it's Paddy

For me he's always an off the bench option if we need to go 2 up top or Rodrigo switch if it ain't working. I wouldn't like to see Rodrigo moved back to the 10 or wing for Paddy to start. Which of course would mean no place for one of Gnonto, Cry or Sinisterra, not to mention an in form Jack or Aaronson (though think Aaronson maybe be better as a pure 8)
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

faaip wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 10:03 am I never gave up faith, and that's from someone who never was Paddy's biggest fan. I tend to stick to original evaluation, though if I was forced to name one player that looks better in Marsch's system it's Paddy

For me he's always an off the bench option if we need to go 2 up top or Rodrigo switch if it ain't working. I wouldn't like to see Rodrigo moved back to the 10 or wing for Paddy to start. Which of course would mean no place for one of Gnonto, Cry or Sinisterra, not to mention an in form Jack or Aaronson (though think Aaronson maybe be better as a pure 8)
Agree, he can't just waltz back into the team as he might have done under MB. Will have to earn a starting berth and that's not on the cards presently as Rodrigo is delivering in his best role (as a 9). We do appear to have an embarrassment of riches offensively, which makes a nice change. Gnonto has to keep his place (though perhaps we need to be careful with him as he's still a young lad?), Jack looking like he merits his place back, though maybe centrally. Paddy will have to bide his time, but he's a definite asset to have off the bench.
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
GreennWhite
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by GreennWhite »

Paddy coming back and doing what he does best just makes a mockery of some peoples posts on here about him being crap and a waste of space. They have been very quiet since his return.
Glad to see him doing well. Fingers crossed he stays injury free, which isn't a given with him these days.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

faaip wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:58 am Hope someone at ER is reading this as his next goal celebration could involve handshakes and "well done old chap" while miming smoking pipes....
Yep! Love that idea.....
Maybe they could introduce cigars as well. I love a nice Cuban cigar :)
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Took his goals really well.

Remains to be seen whether his body holds up.

Decent option to have.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 1:15 pm Took his goals really well.

Remains to be seen whether his body holds up.

Decent option to have.
Paddy looked like the Bamford of old much fitter & mobile, his finishing was sublime.
Lumiukko
First Team
First Team

Post by Lumiukko »

Great to see Paddy back. The goals will do him a bunch of good too to gain confidence, so I am happy to see they have flowed immediately.

What an impressive attacking lineup we seem to be building: Rodrigo, Bamford, Gnonto, Sinisterra, Rutter, Summerville, Harrison, Aaronson. If you include Gelhardt (to go on loan), Perkins, and Joseph, it looks to have a lot of strength. Just need to fix all the other problems, namely our obligatory -2 goals a game defence.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Lumiukko wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:13 pm Great to see Paddy back. The goals will do him a bunch of good too to gain confidence, so I am happy to see they have flowed immediately.

What an impressive attacking lineup we seem to be building: Rodrigo, Bamford, Gnonto, Sinisterra, Rutter, Summerville, Harrison, Aaronson. If you include Gelhardt (to go on loan), Perkins, and Joseph, it looks to have a lot of strength. Just need to fix all the other problems, namely our obligatory -2 goals a game defence.
How many clubs around us have so much talent offensively?
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

Great to see him back and dare i say it he looked quite loose and sharp... He has looked very stiff in his movement over the last 12 months or so. I agree he will be a nice option of the bench.
BlackHillsPaul
First Team
First Team

Post by BlackHillsPaul »

1964white wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 4:37 pm How many clubs around us have so much talent offensively?
By my humble estimation that would be ZERO. Only one has a reliable finisher and we will see him on Sunday...
Football/Futbol/Soccer
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Accrington

Paddy back to his best, oh how we have missed is hold-up play, his running off the ball, his movement to stay onside & delightful link-up play. Two assists, one sublime bit of play to set-up Firpo. Paddy also laid on a chance beautifully for Rodrigo whose shot choice was poor, hitting his shot straight at their keeper, should have placed the ball to the left of the goal.

Our best No.9 by far :clap:
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

I’m boring myself here by repeating this but since Paddys return he has only functioned well against lower league teams, he needs to do it in the PL now. He’s been fortunate (and he deserves some luck) that his recovery has coincided with these cup games and he’s had the chance to build his stamina at this level. I’d love to see him push on now
WARNING: During game time, any post I make is not to be taken seriously, neither is it meant as offence. I'm a hot-blooded creature prone to moments of exasperation and expletive.
GreennWhite
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by GreennWhite »

That's going to be down to Marsch whether he plays him or not. We all know he is good enough when fit, but i think Marsch will go with Rodrigo for now and i suppose you cant blame him for that as he has been getting us goals.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

GreennWhite wrote:That's going to be down to Marsch whether he plays him or not. We all know he is good enough when fit, but i think Marsch will go with Rodrigo for now and i suppose you cant blame him for that as he has been getting us goals.
Absolutely,. If you want to kick a player in the teeth just drop him or move him around immediately after he's been doing the business for us. It's down to Bamford to make himself first choice again.

Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Hmm is Bamford hinting that the players aren't all aligned as Marsch says.

That sounds like a tactical dig to me
Signed

King Cjay

weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Cjay wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:21 pm
Hmm is Bamford hinting that the players aren't all aligned as Marsch says.

That sounds like a tactical dig to me
Certainly unusual for a player to say the tactics aren't working and even worse that he had to be the one pointing it out to the changing room.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

weasel wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:35 pm Certainly unusual for a player to say the tactics aren't working and even worse that he had to be the one pointing it out to the changing room.
That's what I thought

Pointed out a tactical issue then said he wasn't able to fix it .
Signed

King Cjay

Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

I think we need Jim to fix it. After all he is one of our own. He's Jim Al-Khalili and he's one of our own. Quantum Physics its the future, Past n present.
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Well Bamfraud is one of the reasons we didn't win today, useless twat, missed a sitter totally and couldn't control simple passes yet again.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"