Heidi's blogs.

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Lufcheidi
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Twitter: @FollowMeAndLUFC

Re: Heidi's blog Leeds United v Brentford 22nd January 2023.

Post by Lufcheidi »

1964white wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 5:20 pm Did you see my photos from the Brentford game, Heidi?

Here's the link --- https://motforum.com/phpbb/viewtopic.ph ... 2#p1038022
Yes I did thank you. Obviously you got in the ground a lot earlier than I did! Thanks for sharing.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Heidi I want you to start whipping the crowd up into a frenzy and start asking for Berts return.

Especially on the away games.

Tia.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Lufcheidi wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 12:55 am Yes I did thank you. Obviously you got in the ground a lot earlier than I did! Thanks for sharing.
In the ground by 1pm, then the bar to keep warm with pals who enjoy a couple of pints until 1.30pm, unfortunately I can't drink beer these days as the hops upset me badly.
Lufcheidi
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Lufcheidi »

1964white wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 6:41 am In the ground by 1pm, then the bar to keep warm with pals who enjoy a couple of pints until 1.30pm, unfortunately I can't drink beer these days as the hops upset me badly.
I don't drink alcohol at all, gave it up when I got married nearly 35 years ago and haven't missed being ill all the time. I could never take alcohol so it was a good decision. There again my husband and I agree we were healthier when we did drink than we are now!
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Lufcheidi wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 9:55 am I don't drink alcohol at all, gave it up when I got married nearly 35 years ago and haven't missed being ill all the time. I could never take alcohol so it was a good decision. There again my husband and I agree we were healthier when we did drink than we are now!
You wouldn't be as healthy if you were drinking or smoking in excess now, Heidi.

God knows how some of my Leeds away pals will cope in their later life, as they are much younger than myself. I've seen them age very quickly, with some experiencing health problems even though they are only in the 50s age group.
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

Is that you Heidi? Just remembering where you had stashed that £50 note at 1.05 onwards. :)
Lufcheidi
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Lufcheidi »

Leeds1000 wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:27 pm Is that you Heidi? Just remembering where you had stashed that £50 note at 1.05 onwards. :)
Well spotted. I never even saw anything being recorded there again I was talking with my daughter so not taking any notice lol.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Lufcheidi wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:01 pm Well spotted. I never even saw anything being recorded there again I was talking with my daughter so not taking any notice lol.
Phil Beeton in his programme hut, too.
Lufcheidi
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: Heidi's blog Leeds United v Accrington 28th January 2023.

Post by Lufcheidi »

Accrington Stanley v Leeds United 4th Round FA Cup 28th January 2023 at Wham Stadium
I was like a kid in a sweet shop this morning. The FA Cup still means a lot to me and this was going to be our best chance of progressing in the cup as far as I was concerned. Without disrespecting Accrington Stanley as I knew they would be playing out of their skins today, it’s about time we showed the competition the respect it deserves. For far too long it has been a case of throwing the towel in even before the games kicked off preferring to concentrate on league positions. Doing both never seemed to be a consideration but as someone privileged to have been at Wembley in 1972 to see Leeds win the FA Cup, it damn well should have been. After all the turmoil Accrington Stanley have been through to even exist, I was glad that we had got them in this round as it meant they got some well-deserved finances from a capacity crowd as well as a visit to a new ground for me. I had a great view on the second row of seats by the half way line and thank you to those of you who have sent photos of me being caught on the TV cameras. My only complaint was that I had to take my flag down off the fence behind the advertising hoardings which was a disappointment. I decided to do what I used to do in the 70s and wear it around my neck and despite the many comments, I was certainly warm enough. There were many familiar faces today and it was good to catch up with lots of our fans either having photos taken or having a chat.

Team: Meslier, Bamford, Koch, Wöber, Roca, Kristensen, Greenwood, Sinisterra, Firpo, Rutter (Georginio) making his FA Cup debut and Harrison.
Subs: Rodrigo for Sinisterra (69), Perkins for Rutter (76), Llorente for Koch (76), Aaronson for Bamford (76), Joseph for Harrison (89).
Leeds won the game 3-1 with goals by Harrison (23), Firpo (66), Sinisterra (68).
Attendance, 5,268 with 2,632 Leeds fans.

Referee: Josh Smith.

Booked: Greenwood.

Leeds found out very quickly that Accrington were there to try and win the game. Apart from both sides having chances with Meslier called to make saves and ours going wide, they continued to attack us. We kept knocking the ball up front but as they had some tall players, they won the ball back more often than not. My thoughts were that we couldn’t let them get a goal first otherwise we would be in trouble. I was disappointed at how quiet our fans were especially as it was the Accrington fans making the most noise and they weren’t wrong when they later sang, “you only sing when you’re winning”. We needed to weather the storm and were lucky to have kept them out, when against the run of play, Leeds took the lead. With a move in front of us as we attacked the goal to our right, Kristensen made a good run before passing the ball which saw Harrison score a screamer after good work from both Greenwood and Bamford. That was a welcome relief that’s for sure. After coming close to scoring a second, Leeds were on the backfoot as Accrington brought another save from Meslier. As Bamford had a shot saved then was denied a penalty appeal, Sinisterra saw his shot bounce back off the post. Leeds fans were up in arms as decisions in our favour were ignored by the referee despite some blatant fouling. With chances happening at both ends thick and fast, Kristensen’s shot across the box wasn’t far away, but we managed to keep Accrington out as we kept the single goal lead going into the break.

We had to be thankful at the start of the second half as their player was in space at the left of the goal, but his shot went high over the crossbar and another chance shortly afterwards went wide. As some fans were wanting Marsch to make changes, for once I didn’t want to make any too soon as I felt we could capitulate and let them in making it harder to get a win. As it was my judgement was right as we started to attack with both Bamford and Sinisterra getting in good positions to shoot. Leeds extended their lead shortly afterwards as Bamford sent a superb pass into the penalty area for Firpo to score and then Harrison provided Sinisterra with a great pass after a great run down the wing as we went three up. That felt a lot better, and it was only then that we made the first sub but still managed a few more chances to score another. Accrington made four subs and if we thought it was already game over we were mistaken as they pulled a goal back. Meslier was out of goal as he made the save but they got to the rebound first and passed the ball into the penalty area to score. It was important they didn’t get a second to put us under pressure in the last minutes of the half, but Leeds got the win. It is the first time we will be in the fifth round draw for many a year and we will know on Monday who we will be playing. An interesting stat from @lufcstats aka Andrew Dalton was that winning today at Accrington was our 1972nd in our history, the year we won our only FA Cup. As I said to him before the game, I was hoping it was a good omen which it turned out to be. Getting the win today means that feelgood factor is immense. Winning breeds winning in my eyes but we will be back in league action next Sunday at Forest where the points really count. See you there, LUFC – Marching on Together!
1964white

Post by 1964white »

A fine report & great photos as ever, Heidi.

Phew! that was a nerve-wracking first-half, but we got the victory in the end.

Roll on the fifth round.
Lufcheidi
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Lufcheidi »

1964white wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 11:10 pm A fine report & great photos as ever, Heidi.

Phew! that was a nerve-wracking first-half, but we got the victory in the end.

Roll on the fifth round.
I'll never be over confident that's for sure. Hope the draw is good to us.
BlackHillsPaul
First Team
First Team

Post by BlackHillsPaul »

Long before we got regular coverage of the Premier League in the USA we did at least get the FA Cup Final every year. Sometimes live and sometimes on tape delay. For football starved Americans like me that was always a treat. That appreciation for the FA Cup lives on for me.
Football/Futbol/Soccer
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Lufcheidi wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 11:28 pm I'll never be over confident that's for sure. Hope the draw is good to us.
Hope we avoid Sunderland after watching the highlights of their game at Fulham.
Tighthead
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Tighthead »

Thanks for the report and photos, lufcheidi.
Lufcheidi
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Lufcheidi »

BlackHillsPaul wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 3:54 am Long before we got regular coverage of the Premier League in the USA we did at least get the FA Cup Final every year. Sometimes live and sometimes on tape delay. For football starved Americans like me that was always a treat. That appreciation for the FA Cup lives on for me.
That’s good to hear
Lufcheidi
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Lufcheidi »

Tighthead wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:32 am Thanks for the report and photos, lufcheidi.
Thank you
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

I like you, take the FA cup very seriously Hiedi, it was a full day for us growing up, with excellent coverage for both competing teams, still means a lot to me now, I think moan utd disrespected it and the FA allowed them to, of course nothing was done about it, now its a cup they would love to win.
Lets hope we continue our run in it.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

mentalcase wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 5:11 pm I like you, take the FA cup very seriously Hiedi, it was a full day for us growing up, with excellent coverage for both competing teams, still means a lot to me now, I think moan utd disrespected it and the FA allowed them to, of course nothing was done about it, now its a cup they would love to win.
Fantastic times, when football was all about football as opposed to SKY, finance, cheating, VAR & the elite six.

As a kid, I remember waking up on a Saturday morning looking forward to the cup final at 3pm not some silly kick-off time we have nowadays. Those were the years when you could remember the teams & results of FA Cup Finals. Now, I haven't got a clue who competed or won finals over the last three decades.
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

1964white wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 5:34 pm Fantastic times, when football was all about football as opposed to SKY, finance, cheating, VAR & the elite six.

As a kid, I remember waking up on a Saturday morning looking forward to the cup final at 3pm not some silly kick-off time we have nowadays. Those were the years when you could remember the teams & results of FA Cup Finals. Now, I haven't got a clue who competed or won finals over the last three decades.
Apart from this season, I haven't took any interest in the 4th round for a while now :lol:
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
Lufcheidi
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Lufcheidi »

mentalcase wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 5:11 pm I like you, take the FA cup very seriously Hiedi, it was a full day for us growing up, with excellent coverage for both competing teams, still means a lot to me now, I think moan utd disrespected it and the FA allowed them to, of course nothing was done about it, now its a cup they would love to win.
It certainly was a special day back then. I can always remember how excited I was actually going to the FA Cup Final in 1972 and it was a perfect day from start to finish apart from Mick Jones getting injured. I loved the build up to the game in the stadium with the community singing with Tommy Steele wearing white for Leeds of course. Abide with me and the National Anthem sung by the whole stadium was an awe inspiring, back tingling experience that has stayed with me ever since.