Georginio Rutter-

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Georginio Rutter-WELCOME

Post by 1964white »

Jaydog wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 7:45 pm https://www.sportinglife.com/football/n ... gue/206516

Sporting Life piece that maybe of interest.
Nothing we don’t already know I suppose.
Some good stats on the dribbling front
Good article :tup:
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Huge upside to Rutter, well worth the gamble imo. Even if it takes a while to settle.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Taken from givemesport.com

FBref statistics show Rutter averaged more goals and shots on target per 90 minutes than Patrick Bamford last season, which means it could be argued that he is an upgrade on the former Middlesbrough man

Give me strength! I scored more times than PB last season and I don't play football. FFS !

Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Did OK.

Worked hard and put himself about.

Clearly rusty and his finishing was poor (needs to improve).

But took up some very intelligent positions.

did ok
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I can see raw becoming a trope, nothing raw about that video, just a lot of quality. Reminds me of Raph
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

He looked decent today, probably trying too much to impress, the link up with him and bamford was evident to all, nice to have an attacking headache when all are fit for selection.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

For a first game (and understand he hasn't played for a while) he did really well. Hitting the ground faster than Gnonto did. Look forward to seeing the two of them as part of a front 3. And there's Sinsiterra in the mix too.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Apparently, Georgino hasn't played since November.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

What I like about Rutter was his body language in terms of how he reacted with the rest of our team. Great bit of celebration between him and Firpo as an example. Suggests that he has a decent character, likes being part of a team and has fitted in with his team mates already. Definitely thinks that then makes it easier for a player to succeed.
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

Decent showing for a first game, he looked nervous before it started but he did grow into the game. He clearly has pace and power. I think he is a good out ball when we are under pressure defensively.

I didn’t think Wow like I did when I first saw Gnonto, but he is the kind of player we needed particularly when we need to manage a lead and look to hit teams on the break.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Very happy with him yesterday, he could be our Mo Salah.

So we will have two up top in our starting 11.
How long is it since we saw that at Leeds?
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

DDB220 wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:05 am Decent showing for a first game, he looked nervous before it started but he did grow into the game. He clearly has pace and power. I think he is a good out ball when we are under pressure defensively.

I didn’t think Wow like I did when I first saw Gnonto, but he is the kind of player we needed particularly when we need to manage a lead and look to hit teams on the break.
Maybe that was due to expectation. Cos of Gnonto's low fee the expectation was likely fairly low, but with Rutter costing so much (for us) you are almost expecting him to waltz past 5 players and curl it into the top corner.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

weasel wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 2:35 pm Maybe that was due to expectation. Cos of Gnonto's low fee the expectation was likely fairly low, but with Rutter costing so much (for us) you are almost expecting him to waltz past 5 players and curl it into the top corner.
Good point, I expected it from Gnonto so my reaction was never going to oh wow... I had the same opinion of Rutter's debut. Now will we be able to fit them all in... My player of the season so far Summerville might be headed the same way as Gelhardt as we don't have that investment in him

Sinisterra, Rodrigo, Rutter front three - 75 million plus or thereabouts?
Gnonto, Summerville, Bamford - 13M ?

Not sure I know which set is better
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Summerville out on loan. I bloody hope not. He’s been a revelation and could have a telepathic understanding with Gnonto
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Considering Georginio hasn't played a competitive game since November, that was a smashing debut.

Quick, alert & has great control of the ball, not only that, he's a grafter.

I'm expecting Rutter to create plenty of goals.

Once he is match-fit, he could terrorise Premier League defences.
velo
Manager
Manager

Post by velo »

1964white wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 11:12 pm Considering Georginio hasn't played a competitive game since November, that was a smashing debut.

Quick, alert & has great control of the ball, not only that, he's a grafter.

I'm expecting Rutter to create plenty of goals.

Once he is match-fit, he could terrorise Premier League defences.
Must admit, I hadn't realised he was so rusty... gave a very good account of himself, although against a lower league team, I'm pretty excited by him, looks like the board has done good :tup:
Stop worryin' about what people say, when it ain't gonna stop them anyway.

Hater of Liars, Cheats and Trolls

Freedom of speech is not allowed if it upsets the mods
1964white

Post by 1964white »

velo wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 11:14 pm Must admit, I hadn't realised he was so rusty... gave a very good account of himself, although against a lower league team, I'm pretty excited by him, looks like the board has done good :tup:
Seen enough on Sunday to suggest Georginio is going to be handful for Premier League defences when he is fully fit.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Georginio Rutter

Post by Cjay »

Needs to do more

Early days of course but he was signed with a big price tag and with that comes expectations.

No good him being potentially good in 2, 3 years

Needs to show it now.

Won some headers tbf but he needs to impact games more.

If Sini is out I'd like him to start

Elland Road crowd behind him
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

Cjay wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 5:23 pm Early days of course but he was signed with a big price tag and with that comes expectations.
I said elsewhere the price tag will bring a huge amount of pressure (not his fault obviously).

I’m willing to give the lad some time, would be something else to get his first goal in such a big game on Sunday.
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
BlackHillsPaul
First Team
First Team

Post by BlackHillsPaul »

Cjay wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 5:23 pm Needs to do more

Early days of course but he was signed with a big price tag and with that comes expectations.

No good him being potentially good in 2, 3 years

Needs to show it now.

Won some headers tbf but he needs to impact games more.

If Sini is out I'd like him to start

Elland Road crowd behind him
I agree he needs to perform now not two years from now. But at the moment he's on the bench for me. Summerville is the best right sided attacking player in the mix.
Football/Futbol/Soccer