Scarlet Fever!

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Scarlet Fever!

Post by 1964white »

A disease that was prominent in the 1800's :shock:

Over 600 cases here in East Yorks & the Humber.

I wonder why :roll:
velo
Manager
Manager

Re: Scarlet Fever!

Post by velo »

I know the answer Leon, as you do, but if I say it Muppet will call me a racist as well as a conspiracy theorist
Stop worryin' about what people say, when it ain't gonna stop them anyway.

Hater of Liars, Cheats and Trolls

Freedom of speech is not allowed if it upsets the mods
AylingFlop
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by AylingFlop »

I’m interested in the source for your number 64, as the latest published UKHSA data reports 1 infection. Edit 38 for whole of Yorks & Humber 1 was number for just Hull.

Also Velo this definitely has nothing to do with the housing of asylum seekers.

This is a common childhood illness which had a lower incidence over the past couple of years due to the Covid mitigation measures. Small children are mixing more hence more disease transmission & that includes Covid.
Last edited by AylingFlop on Wed Dec 07, 2022 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

AylingFlop wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 8:09 am I’m interested in the source for your number 64, as the latest published UKHSA data reports 1 infection.
My very first Leeds match I attended was in early 1964 :scar1

Back on topic

https://people.umass.edu/swedlund/ScarletFever.pdf

There was a world pandemic between 1820 & 1880
Tighthead
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Tighthead »

1964white wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 8:16 am My very first Leeds match I attended was in early 1964 :scar1
:rol:
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

AylingFlop wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 8:09 am I’m interested in the source for your number 64, as the latest published UKHSA data reports 1 infection. Edit 38 for whole of Yorks & Humber 1 was number for just Hull.

This is a common childhood illness which had a lower incidence over the past couple of years due to the Covid mitigation measures. Small children are mixing more hence more disease transmission & that includes Covid.
Away with your reason and common sense!
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

AylingFlop wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 8:09 am I’m interested in the source for your number 64, as the latest published UKHSA data reports 1 infection. Edit 38 for whole of Yorks & Humber 1 was number for just Hull.

Same with Flu this year. People were so protected by lockdowns and mask wearing that now things have opened up more, folk will be more susceptible to these viruses. I know of 3 people who have been really ill with Flu this year.
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

From PUBLIC HEALTH ENGLAND -

Since 2014, the National Health Service (NHS) says that the country has been experiencing its biggest resurgence of scarlet fever in 50 years. Earlier that year, England saw a peak of 1,075 cases in just one week, and by the end of the year, 15,637 cases had been reported. Now in a new study, researchers from Public Health England (PHE) are trying to figure out why.
In the new study, published in the journal The Lancet Infectious Diseases, the authors write “England is the first western hemisphere country to describe an upsurge in scarlet fever incidence after reports in several countries in east Asia, notably Vietnam and China.”

Since 2014? East Asia? This kind of scuppers the notion that asylum seekers are blame, no?
WARNING: During game time, any post I make is not to be taken seriously, neither is it meant as offence. I'm a hot-blooded creature prone to moments of exasperation and expletive.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Orange Box wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 1:40 pm From PUBLIC HEALTH ENGLAND -

Since 2014, the National Health Service (NHS) says that the country has been experiencing its biggest resurgence of scarlet fever in 50 years. Earlier that year, England saw a peak of 1,075 cases in just one week, and by the end of the year, 15,637 cases had been reported. Now in a new study, researchers from Public Health England (PHE) are trying to figure out why.
In the new study, published in the journal The Lancet Infectious Diseases, the authors write “England is the first western hemisphere country to describe an upsurge in scarlet fever incidence after reports in several countries in east Asia, notably Vietnam and China.”

Since 2014? East Asia? This kind of scuppers the notion that asylum seekers are blame, no?
Indeed OB, that's where Covid initiated from, a young Chinese female student in York, apparently.