County Cricket Championship - DOWN DOWN, DEEPER THAN DOWN.

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Overman
Manager
Manager

Re: County Cricket Championship

Post by Overman »

God's own county are in disarray at the moment. The fall out from the Rafiq affair has clearly had an impact. We have Willey and TKC leaving at the end of the season, two class players. On top of this, we are blooding quite a few youngsters and England call ups continue to ravish our squad. There is also an entire new coaching set up in place, so this will take time to embed. If we avoid relegation this season, that will be some feat after considering all the factors in play. To add to this, a great servant of the club Steven Patterson has had his captaincy removed. Shame on YCCC, they're a f**king shambles.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

1964white wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 5:05 pm So it's between Kent, Yorkshire & Warwickshire for the second relegation place.

Not looking great after the first day's play.

Screenshot 2022-09-26 18.04.57.png
New set up next season I reckon, we're apparently headed for a 6 team prem and 10 games total eventually
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Overman wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:41 pm God's own county are in disarray at the moment. The fall out from the Rafiq affair has clearly had an impact. We have Willey and TKC leaving at the end of the season, two class players. On top of this, we are blooding quite a few youngsters and England call ups continue to ravish our squad. There is also an entire new coaching set up in place, so this will take time to embed. If we avoid relegation this season, that will be some feat after considering all the factors in play. To add to this, a great servant of the club Steven Patterson has had his captaincy removed. Shame on YCCC, they're a f**king shambles.
An absolute shambles

Moving Patto on hurts me more than anything with the whole shambolic way YCCC is run.

The ECB sickens me too!
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:50 pm New set up next season I reckon, we're apparently headed for a 6 team prem and 10 games total eventually
Oh dear!
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Christ almighty Yorkshire.

120 for 3, then collapsing to 183 all out falling seven runs short of Gloucestershire's first innings total.

How are we suppose to avoid relegation when six of the team are out for single-figures, even the extras outscored five of them :(

With Kent & Warwickshire going well, we could be in serious trouble. Rain interrupting play at Edgbaston maybe our saving grace.

I see Surrey & Hampshire have thrown the towel in with nothing to play for :(
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Meanwhile Joe Root is enjoying himself playing golf in a Scottish tournament.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Well done Hampshire's James Vince holding up Warwickshire's progress, hopefully saving Yorkshire's blushes as they collapse like dominoes once again.
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team

Post by Byebyegeegee »

1964white wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:29 pm Well done Hampshire's James Vince holding up Warwickshire's progress, hopefully saving Yorkshire's blushes as they collapse like dominoes once again.
Could be an exciting finish at Headinley yet. Yorkshire 151 for 6 at tea chasing 242. Still a big ask but you never know!
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Byebyegeegee wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:41 pm Could be an exciting finish at Headinley yet. Yorkshire 151 for 6 at tea chasing 242. Still a big ask but you never know!
We are a shambles mate, we struggle against a county that have been rock bottom all season losing eight of their thirteen matches.

The ECB refuse to help our cause as they won't allow Root, Bairstow, Brook, Malan, Rashid & Willey to help us out of the mess we're in.

Which county made them England players FFS?

Another f**king disgrace, I'm falling out with cricket for that reason, we are NOT playing on a level playing field.

No other sport impose such demands on their club players!
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team

Post by Byebyegeegee »

1964white wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:55 pm We are a shambles mate, we struggle against a county that have been rock bottom all season losing eight of their thirteen matches.

The ECB refuse to help our cause as they won't allow Root, Bairstow, Brook, Malan, Rashid & Willey to help us out of the mess we're in.

Which county made them England players FFS?

Another f**king disgrace, I'm falling out with cricket for that reason, we are NOT playing on a level playing field.

No other sport impose such demands on their club players!
Yes 64 I tend to agree with you there. Fisher just gone with Yorkshire still requiring 70 - no chance of saving the game now! Will never fall out cricket though.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Byebyegeegee wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 3:36 pm Yes 64 I tend to agree with you there. Fisher just gone with Yorkshire still requiring 70 - no chance of saving the game now! Will never fall out cricket though.
Totally blown it now!

How can a team win cricket matches when only three batsmen turn up in the 2nd innings.

Extras beat twelve of our batsman's single-figure scores over the two innings, an absolute disgrace.
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team

Post by Byebyegeegee »

Dom Bess made a decent fist of it in the end but, as we suspected, it wasn’t to be. Overall a poor effort in this match knowing that a win would have guaranteed safety. Now dependent on Warwickshire not winning their match against Hampshire which finishes tomorrow 🤞🏻
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Byebyegeegee wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 5:53 pm Dom Bess made a decent fist of it in the end but, as we suspected, it wasn’t to be. Overall a poor effort in this match knowing that a win would have guaranteed safety. Now dependent on Warwickshire not winning their match against Hampshire which finishes tomorrow 🤞🏻
Should end up in a draw, but you can never tell especially as Warwickshire will probably take a risk declaring early in the hope they bowl Hants out cheaply.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Warwickshire need six wickets to relegate Yorks

Screenshot 2022-09-29 14.34.26.png
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

1964white wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:36 pm Warwickshire need six wickets to relegate Yorks

Screenshot 2022-09-29 14.34.26.png
In a way I'm glad I don't have to sit through the county champion any more. Although I did suffer through the worst of Yorks in the 80s.

The whole 1st class game is dire right now. This summer we lose players to internationals and the 100. Overseas players are just short term mercenaries. Franchise cricket is killing the 1st class games. County fans are left watching an XI of mostly second teasers. It's sad. I love my county. I love my local players. But there's nothing left to cheer for.

But I still feel compelled to watch the few T20 games we get here and check the scorecards every day.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:53 pm The whole 1st class game is dire right now. This summer we lose players to internationals and the 100. Overseas players are just short term mercenaries. Franchise cricket is killing the 1st class games. County fans are left watching an XI of mostly second teasers. It's sad. I love my county. I love my local players. But there's nothing left to cheer for.
My sentiments entirely, Andrew.

Hants lose another wicket, our destiny is in their hands now @ 73 for 5 :(
1964white

Re: County Cricket Championship - OH MY GOD!!!!

Post by 1964white »

Hants 95 for 7, need 44 to win
Overman
Manager
Manager

Re: County Cricket Championship - OH MY GOD!!!!

Post by Overman »

That's curtains I reckon, Hants now 7 down. It's been a f**king disgrace this season, Yorkshire getting relegated is criminal. I know we've been hindered by the ECB but the entire new coaching set up has had zero impact. A wall of silience coming out of the club, no surprise there, Money for old rope.
1964white

Re: County Cricket Championship - THIS IS SCARY!!!

Post by 1964white »

Hants need 8 runs to win, with two wickets standing.
1964white

Re: County Cricket Championship - THIS IS SCARY!!!

Post by 1964white »

6 to win