Today's Games

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Today's Games

Post by Jaydog »

Kennyb41 wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 3:48 pm Oh i dunno, i think he has a few when they're winning piss easy groups.

They're probably young n know fck all as per, but you do get the odd old numptie, 64 ?
Nah 64 won’t be a fan. Gareth is a long way out of his depth. I wonder if either Howe or Potter will be interested. Get yer man in. Would be fun and less like watching paint dry
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

I'm pretty sure there are some GS fans here though Jay, who when we were whooping Slovenia (i know) thought he was God.

My apologies Bert.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Kennyb41 wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 4:09 pm I'm pretty sure there are some GS fans here though Jay, who when we were whooping Slovenia (i know) thought he was God.

My apologies Bert.
I think I heard it right last night, 450 minutes with zero goals in open play. Can’t be right can it. With our attacking players
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Jaydog wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 4:12 pm I think I heard it right last night, 450 minutes with zero goals in open play. Can’t be right can it. With our attacking players
Maybe they're just not very good? Foden looks better than he is because he's surrounded by De Bruyne and Haaland, I've never seen him do anything in an England shirt. Mason Mount 0 goals 0 assists all season, done nothing in an England shirt, but guaranteed a place over more deserving players because he plays for Chelski.
Last edited by SG90 on Sat Sep 24, 2022 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

SG90 wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 4:15 pm Maybe they're just not very good? Foden looks better than he is because he's surrounded by De Bruyne and Haaland, I've never seen him do anything in an England. Mason Mount 0 goals 0 assists all season, done nothing in an England shirt, but guaranteed a place over more deserving players because he plays for Chelski.
Overrated definitely. We got to a semi & final because the general standard was shite. I’m still convinced a good gaffer and we might have had 2 wins
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Never rated Kane, he's too slow to be world class... turning circle of an oil tanker.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Jaydog wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 4:20 pm Overrated definitely. We got to a semi & final because the general standard was shite. I’m still convinced a good gaffer and we might have had 2 wins
Oh we have the quality of player in spades. maybe enough for two top 10 international class teams but all that gets wasted by the negative unimaginative manager...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

SG90 wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 4:15 pm Maybe they're just not very good? Foden looks better than he is because he's surrounded by De Bruyne and Haaland, I've never seen him do anything in an England shirt. Mason Mount 0 goals 0 assists all season, done nothing in an England shirt, but guaranteed a place over more deserving players because he plays for Chelski.
SG dya think he'd be in the City side if not good enough, when they have a bench like they do ?

A good manager will find their best position for what he wants, all the England players look fcking alien to each other, no cohesion, no team play, no plan, no idea what each other is supposed to be doing.

individuals yes, but bond the fckers with a plan you daft defensive numpty.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

faaip wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 4:27 pm Never rated Kane, he's too slow to be world class... turning circle of an oil tanker.
He has a world class PL record.
189 goals & 44 assists in 289 appearances.
Kanes game isn’t always about speed. Speed of thought maybe
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

faaip wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 4:27 pm Never rated Kane, he's too slow to be world class... turning circle of an oil tanker.
Ok, so we know he has strengths in front of goal and needs feeding.

So what does GS do with him ? How should he bring out the best of his game ?

;@)
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

faaip wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 4:29 pm Oh we have the quality of player in spades. maybe enough for two top 10 international class teams but all that gets wasted by the negative unimaginative manager...
We agree on that. They’ll never pick an exciting manager like Marcelo
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Kennyb41 wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 4:36 pm Ok, so we know he has strengths in front of goal and needs feeding.

So what does GS do with him ? How should he bring out the best of his game ?
Seems like he spent most of the game in any position
bar the one he should have been in.
Spurs build their style around Kane to some extent. Don’t really understand the negativity towards him. Of course Bamford is better 😂
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

I'll finish with this,

Is there any Prem club that if they appointed GS as their manager next season whose fans would be over the moon.

Any Leeds fans who'd like GS in charge ?

Thought not.

;@)
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Kennyb41 wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 4:52 pm I'll finish with this,

Is there any Prem club that if they appointed GS as their manager next season whose fans would be over the moon.

Any Leeds fans who'd like GS in charge ?

Thought not.
Be a lot of fans jumping off bridges I’d say.
Christ no. Hate negativity like that. Oooh we’re winning let’s get everyone behind the ball and hope for the best. Always works
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Kennyb41 wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 3:48 pm Oh i dunno, i think he has a few when they're winning piss easy groups.

They're probably young n know fck all as per, but you do get the odd old numptie, 64 ?
Not me Kennyb, can't stand the whole England set-up.

Would love to see Marcelo take charge of England.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Jaydog wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 4:05 pm Nah 64 won’t be a fan. Gareth is a long way out of his depth. I wonder if either Howe or Potter will be interested. Get yer man in. Would be fun and less like watching paint dry
Correct Jay.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

1964white wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 5:07 pm Not me Kennyb, can't stand the whole England set-up.

Would love to see Marcelo take charge of England.
You sure 64?

A bit of hypocrisy i smell, what if they got beat 4-0 by Italy and not just 1-0, is it better to get beat 1-0?

Yes, of course it is.

At least the GD is ok.

:roll: :sleep:

;@)
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Kennyb41 wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 5:16 pm You sure 64?

A bit of hypocrisy i smell, what if they got beat 4-0 by Italy and not just 1-0, is it better to get beat 1-0?

Yes, of course it is.

At least the GD is ok.

:roll: :sleep:
Oh f**k. Nooooooo. 😂
I think we’d like pre end of career at Leeds Marcelo with a fit squad of stars. And Kane the old codger
velo
Manager
Manager

Post by velo »

Jaydog wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:01 am Kane would walk in to any team imo. International or club side. He has everything for me and must be totally demoralised playing for Gareth.
If he has a fault it’s an inability to get on the end of his own crosses
Nah mate, he makes defenders look good, he's so much slower than Son, but wanders on to deflected shots every now and then, just shows how poor the English game is when peeps rave about Kane, he needs a fooking walking stick he's so slow
Stop worryin' about what people say, when it ain't gonna stop them anyway.

Hater of Liars, Cheats and Trolls

Freedom of speech is not allowed if it upsets the mods
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

velo wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 5:35 pm Nah mate, he makes defenders look good, he's so much slower than Son, but wanders on to deflected shots every now and then, just shows how poor the English game is when peeps rave about Kane, he needs a fooking walking stick he's so slow
189 times 😂