Leeds v Aston Villa - Team-Reports-Ratings

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Leeds v Aston Villa - Team-Reports-Ratings

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote:Of course 64, anything for you :-D
Thank you my dear Swan :-D
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Swanee, how I love you how I love you, my dear .... swanee ....

thought it prudent to leave a word out there
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Screenshot 2016-12-05 at 10.53.43.png
Oscar
First Team
First Team

Post by Oscar »

It was an incredible atmosphere on Saturday and the best I have felt about Leeds for a long time. We weren't at our best on Saturday (certainly first half), however, I thought we were the better team. There's only one Garry Monk hopefully we will be offering Garry a new contract soon (preferrably a 25 year one :-D)
Player Ratings
Green 7- Made a good save and overall a much better performance.
Ayling 7- Defensively wasn't at his very best, however, supported Sacko very well going forward.
Bartley 7- Didn't put a foot wrong, however, didn't have a lot to do overall.
Pontus 8- MOTM 2 Crucial blocks and made some great runs forward.
Taylor 8- Defended well against Adomah and got forward well.
Phillips 8- Continues to improve, won every tackle and made some superb long range passes on the counter attack.
Viera 8- Made some crucial interceptions and is just so comfortable running with the ball.
Sacko 6- Mostly quiet good work for 2nd goal.
Roofe 6- Great goal and most importantly he has finally got his goal :-D , the ironic thing is this was probably Kemar's worst game as a number 10 for us :duno:.
Doukara 6- Good cross for the 1st goal, awful first half poor game overall, however, his excellent cross was crucial.
Wood 8- Another goal, caused the Villa defence a lot of problems his ability to control the ball directly from goal kicks or long balls forward is a massive help the Villa defence really didn't like that. The big man's work rate is absolutely brilliant and crucial.
Best striker we have had since Mark Viduka imo.
Subs:
Dallas 5- Very quiet.
Mowatt 5- Didn't have an impact on the game.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Gary Shaw wrote:It was an incredible atmosphere on Saturday and the best I have felt about Leeds for a long time. We weren't at our best on Saturday (certainly first half), however, I thought we were the better team. There's only one Garry Monk hopefully we will be offering Garry a new contract soon (preferrably a 25 year one :-D)
Player Ratings
Ayling 7- Defensively wasn't at his very best, however, supported Sacko very well going forward.
Phillips 8- Continues to improve, won every tackle and made some superb long range passes on the counter attack.
Viera 8- Made some crucial interceptions and is just so comfortable running with the ball.
Roofe 6- Great goal and most importantly he has finally got his goal :-D , the ironic thing is this was probably Kemar's worst game as a number 10 for us :duno:.
Doukara 6- Good cross for the 1st goal, awful first half poor game overall, however, his excellent cross was crucial.
Wood 8- Another goal, caused the Villa defence a lot of problems his ability to control the ball directly from goal kicks or long balls forward is a massive help the Villa defence really didn't like that. The big man's work rate is absolutely brilliant and crucial.
Subs:
Dallas 5- Very quiet.

yep, our scores differ slightly but I wouldn't really disagree with any of that
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Post by becchio bear »

1964white wrote:Best atmosphere in the kop I've heard in years mate

When the whole kop sings Marching On Together it makes your hair stand up on the back of your neck, even though I haven't got a hairy neck :wink:
Really little old man, you must have found your razor since our last meeting :lol: :wink: :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
Gurj
Manager
Manager

Post by Gurj »

Gary Shaw wrote:It was an incredible atmosphere on Saturday and the best I have felt about Leeds for a long time. We weren't at our best on Saturday (certainly first half), however, I thought we were the better team. There's only one Garry Monk hopefully we will be offering Garry a new contract soon (preferrably a 25 year one :-D)
Player Ratings
Subs:
Dallas 5- Very quiet.
Surprised that you felt that Ayling wasnt at he's best defensively, I thought he was outstanding at the back. Personally thought he had a much better game than Pontus but all about opinions I guess.
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Sorry, Gaz, but no way was Pontus MOTM; he was sloppy, and not his usual commanding self, on more than one occasion, which could have been costly. Taylor, Ayling and, especially, Bartley, all had better games, imo. Bartley was calmness personified, has the uncanny knack of being in the right place at the right time. Sign of a player that reads the game well
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
1964white

Post by 1964white »

becchio bear wrote:Really little old man, you must have found your razor since our last meeting :lol: :wink: :bear:
Cheeky young lady

My hairy bits are in the right places :lol:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

I wouldn't knock any of our players in the second-half, we played well as a team

Still think Vieira, Phillips & Ayling were our stand out performers
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Gurj wrote:Surprised that you felt that Ayling wasnt at he's best defensively, I thought he was outstanding at the back. Personally thought he had a much better game than Pontus but all about opinions I guess.
100% agree. I have not been impressed at all with Ayling defensively but he had a very good game defensively on Saturday. For me his main attributes are that he is good going forward, admittedly sometimes he is a headless chicken, and has a good engine to be able to get forward and back although often is caught out of position defensively as he has been up field.

Berardi is head and shoulders better defensively but in Monk's system Ayling is probably more suited as it relies on fullbacks getting forward.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I think we're underestimating Beradi going forward a little and what he brings defensively for me outweighs Ayling' (Whom I think is a good footballer) work going forward.

Big difference watching live and watching on the Tele, best seat in the house for what actually goes on when watching on tele but you miss a lot of the off the ball stuff. When I was a regular at games though (Leeds and Aldershot and to a lesser extent Fulham) I'd often miss the important stuff watching what Fred Bloggs was doing off the ball. For a complete picture watch it live, watch it recorded and then watch it again recorded ...but who gets the time. I watch Raiders games through twice and then watch the coaches film (All 22) and still miss stuff
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote:I think we're underestimating Beradi going forward a little and what he brings defensively for me outweighs Ayling' (Whom I think is a good footballer) work going forward.

Big difference watching live and watching on the Tele, best seat in the house for what actually goes on when watching on tele but you miss a lot of the off the ball stuff. When I was a regular at games though (Leeds and Aldershot and to a lesser extent Fulham) I'd often miss the important stuff watching what Fred Bloggs was doing off the ball. For a complete picture watch it live, watch it recorded and then watch it again recorded ...but who gets the time. I watch Raiders games through twice and then watch the coaches film (All 22) and still miss stuff
Berardi is still one of our best defenders, he was immense at Anfield, amazing when you consider how long he has been out with serious injuries & had no pre-season fitness games. Gaetano is a legend in my mind, always defended him when he was receiving some real stick on here in the early part of his Leeds career :tup:
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

This team is becoming comparable to the Howson lead Gradel/Beckford/ BJ et al team but with a better defence
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote:This team is becoming comparable to the Howson lead Gradel/Beckford/ BJ et al team but with a better defence
Yes Monk has built his team from the back whereas Grayson concentrated more on the attacking side of the game & forgot about the other end. As Riot use to say "we always need three or four to win"
paddy parrott
Manager
Manager

Post by paddy parrott »

Gaetemo Berardi is a good player yes but my concerns were his rash challenges and being a tad late shall we say.
Injuries have stalled him of course but we shall hopefully see him return very soon again.
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

1964white wrote:You are joking Dan

Hernandez is our most creative midfielder, arguably one of our best players.
Pablo has inspired, directed & dictated our play particularly in our away matches
i know i know, and reckon he'll be great till the seasons end, just not worth the big wages he's probably on for the next few years as he'll be in steady decline
1964white

Post by 1964white »

danhirons wrote:i know i know, and reckon he'll be great till the seasons end, just not worth the big wages he's probably on for the next few years as he'll be in steady decline
Yes he is our oldest outfield player at 31yo so I can understand your reasoning
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

1964white wrote:

Yes he is our oldest outfield player at 31yo so I can understand your reasoning
Don't forget the strength in depth though. Now if we were to get young Clough that may be a different story.
Having said that, faaip raised a point: what would Monk do with Roofe, with 2 or 3 people to do the same job?
Somebody's going to be brassed off about not getting in, unless he does a rotation system, but I'm never sure that works.