Burnley v Leeds - News/Team/Reports/Ratings...

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
Kyle_5351
First Team
First Team

Re: Burnley v Leeds - News/Team/Reports/Ratings...

Post by Kyle_5351 »

Crude United wrote:Thought Warnock could sort it, but it appears he is clearly out of his depth. At least he stemmed the stream of goals from going in, but not much else. Losing 1-0 or 7-0 is still losing. FFS.
Yup, would rather win 4-3, then lose 1-0.
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

HarryofOz wrote:Hey, WR has Leon's password :mrgreen:

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
Silky
Manager
Manager

Post by Silky »

i could put up with losing under McAllister, i could put up with losing under Grayson.... they were both one of us, with Leeds Utd in their hearts.... but i cant put up with losing under this f@cking Sheffield united tosser Warnock...

Hopefully now once the takeover goes through [if it ever does], the new owners will find someone new...
Side Before Self, Every Time
markolufc
First Team
First Team

Post by markolufc »

The longer this stupid takeover drags on for with nothing worth mentioning actually happening, the deeper the hole gets for burying our season in.

This season is a write off. It was a write off at the end of last season when I knew exactly what would happen in the summer transfer market. Every season we spend under ken bates is a write off and more time spent falling behind the times while our opponents advance and grow.
white.riot

Post by white.riot »

Worst manager since we dropped.

Out of his depth at a big club.

Recruited too many players from relegated teams.

Has the values of a sewer rat so he recruits someone he described as worse than a sewer rat. Diouf was hopeless tonight and has peaked (sic) for lufc and will now deteriorate in the same way he has wherever he has played.

Some will blame Bates, but Bates doesn't dictate tactics, doesn't demand that players hoof the ball or spend hours in the corners. He certainly doesn't demand that Warlock coach players to a point where they can't beat the first man with crosses, even from corners. He doesn't require warlock to have an out of date plan A and absolutely no plan B. He doesn't ask him to play White on the right wing etc.

Coming out of the ground the talk was along the lines of, there must be 3 teams worse than lufc in the league. We concluded that we may be being over optimistic. The crowd is turning (too late unfortunately). Colin was always wrong for Lufc. You just had to look at what he'd achieved, where and how and of course the long term results. Bates cocked up by appointing him but to be fair to Bates (I don't excuse him what may be a terminal mistake) the gobby fans/LUST were pushing for the messiah. I hope to god he's gone before he offers Diouf a long term deal.

Bleak on the pitch and in the stands. Tell me why you'd chant admiringly about Saville and chant abuse about Jones the peado. Which bit of innocent don't the best fans in the world understand? These are the people who chant vile stuff about Bates, join LUST for free and pressure the club to appoint Warlock. Lufc is a bleak club to support just now. And hard as I looked, I couldn't find any MOT fans of Colin n the crowd tonight. Funny that. Where are the MOT fans of Warlock and Diouf? If I can watch this junk surely you can!

Horrendous against a very ordinary Burnley side. Money wasn't the difference. Management was. We are under performing.
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

white.riot wrote:Worst manager since we dropped.

Out of his depth at a big club.

Has the values of a sewer rat so he recruits someone he described as worse than a sewer rat. Diouf was hopeless tonight and has peaked (sic) for lufc and will now deteriorate in the same way he has wherever he has played.

Some will blame Bates, but Bates doesn't dictate tactics, doesn't demand that players hoof the ball or spend hours in the corners. He certainly doesn't demand that Warlock coach players to a point where they can't beat the first man with crosses, even from corners. He doesn't require warlock to have an out of date plan A and absolutely no plan B. He doesn't ask him to play White on the right wing etc.

Coming out of the ground the talk was along the lines of, there must be 3 teams worse than lufc in the league. We concluded that we may be being over optimistic. The crowd is turning (too late unfortunately). Colin was always wrong for Lufc. You just had to look at what he'd achieved, where and how and of course the long term results. Bates cocked up by appointing him but to be fair to Bates (I don't excuse him what may be a terminal mistake) the gobby fans/LUST were pushing for the messiah. I hope to god he's gone before he offers Diouf a long term deal.

Bleak on the pitch and in the stands. Tell me why you'd chant admiringly about Saville and chant abuse about Jones the peado. Which bit of innocent don't the best fans in the world understand? These are the people who chant vile stuff about Bates, join LUST for free and pressure the club to appoint Warlock. Lufc is a bleak club to support just now. And hard as I looked, I couldn't find any MOT fans of Colin n the crowd tonight. Funny that. Where are the MOT fans of Warlock and Diouf? If I can watch this junk surely you can!

Horrendous against a very ordinary Burnley side. Money wasn't the difference. Management was. We are under performing.
I don't believe that I just wasted 20 seconds of my life to read such ill informed lies and bullshit as I quoted here...I'm kicking myself for even replying to it but WR and his ill informed ilk will kick at anyone and anything, including long serving fellow Leeds fans, rather than the root cause of our problem at our beloved club.

WR. Fishing again... boring WR - BORING.
white.riot

Post by white.riot »

Twiggster wrote:
I don't believe that I just wasted 20 seconds of my life to read such ill informed lies and bullshit as I quoted here...I'm kicking myself for even replying to it but WR and his ill informed ilk will kick at anyone and anything, including long serving fellow Leeds fans, rather than the root cause of our problem at our beloved club.

Oh hello, it's colonel mustard in the library with the lead pipe taking time out to discuss integrity :roflmao: I may just have seen everything now :?:
markolufc
First Team
First Team

Post by markolufc »

Not worth arguing with, he's delusional. We always get sucked in, somehow. But that's what internet trolls are like.

But this is a man who thinks throwing £50 down the drain and potentially getting stuck in Halifax or even worse Burnley on a Tuesday night deserves more respect than standing up and saying "hang on a minute, why am I paying to watch this when it's not improving?"

Ultimately I decided not to go out of practical reasons, but given the result I'm glad I didn't waste the £50, as it would certainly have stung when I eventually returned home.
HarryofOz
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by HarryofOz »

white.riot wrote:
Recruited too many players full stop. Totally unnecessary and a waste of limited resources.
A Roman walks into a bar, sticks two fingers in the air and says 'five beers please'.
white.riot

Post by white.riot »

markolufc wrote:Not worth arguing with, he's delusional. We always get sucked in, somehow. But that's what internet trolls are like.

But this is a man who thinks throwing £50 down the drain and potentially getting stuck in Halifax or even worse Burnley on a Tuesday night deserves more respect than standing up and saying "hang on a minute, why am I paying to watch this when it's not improving?"

Ultimately I decided not to go out of practical reasons, but given the result I'm glad I didn't waste the £50, as it would certainly have stung when I eventually returned home.
Check what an Internet troll is and you will know that I ain't one. I post my opinion on the topic. Your choice whether you involve yourself in the debate or not. If you think paying to watch lufc is throwing money down the drain I wonder if you really are a Leeds supporter. My point, which you ignore, is simply this - if you think Warnock the messiah (many do/did) wouldn't you turn up regularly to support him in his efforts. For me he's a total disaster but I'm still turning out! I don't do superfans or owt, I just find it strange that folk who threw themselves at Warnock's feet and inflicted him on me can't be bothered to turn up (at home let alone away). And believe me the crowd is turning - look at 64 on here, no one wanted Colin more. He's humming a different tune of late. And blokes I have never met before in my life were starting to discuss relegation n the way out of the ground. A very angry crowd tonight.
white.riot

Post by white.riot »

HarryofOz wrote:
Recruited too many players full stop. Totally unnecessary and a waste of limited resources.
Agreed - he started by rubbishing Larry's side, replaced it in it's entirety (almost) and still moans about needing more players at the same time as he changes the defence each and ever week.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

white.riot wrote:
Check what an Internet troll is and you will know that I ain't one. I post my opinion on the topic. Your choice whether you involve yourself in the debate or not. If you think paying to watch lufc is throwing money down the drain I wonder if you really are a Leeds supporter. My point, which you ignore, is simply this - if you think Warnock the messiah (many do/did) wouldn't you turn up regularly to support him in his efforts. For me he's a total disaster but I'm still turning out! I don't do superfans or owt, I just find it strange that folk who threw themselves at Warnock's feet and inflicted him on me can't be bothered to turn up (at home let alone away). And believe me the crowd is turning - look at 64 on here, no one wanted Colin more. He's humming a different tune of late. And blokes I have never met before in my life were starting to discuss relegation n the way out of the ground. A very angry crowd tonight.
Nine hours later & i'm still fuming :x i expected alot more from NW....our players have a similar mentality to previous players, they are only up for the cup/big games & show none of the same passion for the bread & butter stuff. They will still pick up their handsome salaries as they psyche themselves up for the Chelsea game come the 19th December
God knows where we go from here....If Warnock is sacked/or walks would you trust Ken to make the correct appointment ? I certainly wouldn't because he is the root of the disease within LU. I have little respect for anyone at the club right now.
If Bates/Warnock & the rubbish players were booted out of our club i wouldn't blink an eyelid
A very despirited '64 :(
gessa
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by gessa »

Twiggster wrote:

Think you're wrong on this one, after calling NW a sewer rat employing a sewer rat, the only thing Riot left off was they are both employed by a sewer rat, tbh we'll never agree on Bates , so be it. All Riot's stuff about tactics, playing players out of position only getting the team up and ready to play is for cup games is spot on. Warnock didn't perhaps have as much money has he wanted but he had some, Kenny, Pearce and poss Diouf being the only sucesses, all the others are just not up to it, he gets what he calls the best LB in the championship and hardly plays him , then as a stroke of tactical genius to turn the game he replaces him with Danny Pugh, wtf.There are many other instances of such ineptness.
Some times you just have to hold your hands up and say I was wrong, Warnock wouldn't have been my choice given a selection of managers but with who was around and the names being linked with the job I was more than happy to have him,lived in hope he could do a job and get us up, perhaps after that short term fix . It's l;ooking more and more like the wrong choice of manager as every game passes, after Watford SAturday we have some very difficult games coming up and unless he sorts something quickly we could be stuck in the wrong end of the table for the foreseeable future.
Lot of things wrong at the moment and the t/o business is not helping one bit, that needs sorting one way or another as quick as possible, if not sooner.
Cum autem foeda erant amittimus sumus vincimus foeda
Kyle_5351
First Team
First Team

Post by Kyle_5351 »

1964white wrote:
Nine hours later & i'm still fuming :x i expected alot more from NW....our players have a similar mentality to previous players, they are only up for the cup/big games & show none of the same passion for the bread & butter stuff. They will still pick up their handsome salaries as they psyche themselves up for the Chelsea game come the 19th December
God knows where we go from here....If Warnock is sacked/or walks would you trust Ken to make the correct appointment ? I certainly wouldn't because he is the root of the disease within LU. I have little respect for anyone at the club right now.
If Bates/Warnock & the rubbish players were booted out of our club i wouldn't blink an eyelid
A very despirited '64 :(
Actually yes. Yes I would. As long as he doesn't cave into the masses (Warnocks appointment). Hopefully it will not be a Bates decision in the near future and we get a manager in who will actually look to build the club, rather than look for a short term fix.
revie-era
First Team
First Team

Post by revie-era »

Sorry fellow posters, but Riot has it nailed.
Every Tom , Dick and Harry pointed to Colon's record at getting teams promoted when he was appointed by Bates. Hurrah - promotion is surely ours as some cheered from the rafters. What those pro Colon supporters failed to notice was 90% of his promotions were achieved a lifetime ago (by that I refer to the fact the game has moved on 100000% since Notts County achieved Mission Control and all the other 3rd rate Clubs he's moved up with).
What we should be concerned with is his record of taking teams down. Now I have no time to Wiki anything to do with Colon so others may chose to do so and just check his record. That is the direction we are heading with this man in charge. Those of you who dont attend matches (for the record I've only been 3 times to ER this season and choose not to attend away games) cannot have failed to notice our ineptitude when we've been on TV, dispair that we cant string 3 passes together, shake our heads disbelievingly that we have the worst captain ever at the Club, that attendances are continuing to decline, - the list goes on.
I am no Bates fan, as I have posted previously he has a record on taking a punt with up and coming managers (Hoddle Gullit, and dare I mention Grayson), but he too is stuck in a game thats moved on since he was a big cheese. We are in terminal decline from top to the tea lady.
A few things need to happen and quick. Forget the takeover, if it happens it happens. Until it does we are stuck with Bates and thats not going to change. So has Bates got the balls to bite the bullet and fire Colon now. Crucially has the top table the nouse to spot a young up and coming coach/manager with short/mid and long term plans who can get the support on side and utter those well worn words "We're in a mess, it'll take time, be patient". Get Poleon and Thompson back and in the side with Lees, White, McCormack and Byram. Jettison with immediate effect Diouff, Tongue, Brown, Pugh and all the other has been's and journey men. Such managers do exist, and yes I'll say it again, - swallow your pride and accept that Solskjaer is the man.
Stick with Colon, Diouff, Brown et al and I'll see you in League 1 next season with the other 10,000 at the first home game.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote:
after Watford Saturday we have some very difficult games coming up
Watford will be difficult....i'm expecting more of the same...we lack pace & creativity two pointers i've been banging on about since we lost Beckford, Gradel & Howson, three players never replaced

We are in a horrible state as a football club & going absolutely nowhere :x

I may as well post up my ratings for the Hornets game now :(
Last edited by 1964white on Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Kyle_5351 wrote:
Actually yes. Yes I would. As long as he doesn't cave into the masses (Warnocks appointment). Hopefully it will not be a Bates decision in the near future and we get a manager in who will actually look to build the club, rather than look for a short term fix.
Bates has never employed a manager that is a long term prospect for success. Our managers take us so far then that's it....Warnock hasn't really got into gear :(
LevLeeds
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Twitter: @Simonlev99

Post by LevLeeds »

Says alot when our most creative player in the starting 11 is a 18 year old kid playing right back!!!!! Even Aidy thinking f**k sake why did I resign here!!!!!

Utter garbage, negative, crap, football. I was really pro Warnock and looking ffwd to a good season this year, but it aint working. Tactics are all wrong, players out of positions, to many DM playing in midfield, the whole midfield are generally the same sort of players, battlers who win the ball back but cant create anything once they have it back!!

Boring boring boring, bord. I think KB is asleep from watching our boring football thats why this "takeover" stay hasnt happened yet. Although thats a good tactic Mr Warnock, lets hope he dies of bordem from watching us!!!
1964white

Post by 1964white »

revie-era wrote: We are in terminal decline from top to the tea lady.

Stick with Colon, Diouff, Brown et al and I'll see you in League 1 next season with the other 10,000 at the first home game.
Spot on mate....we are run appallingly badly from top to bottom...it's like a disease that spreads throughout the whole club

I did predict 17k at ER for this season because of the above reason which is the only thing i've got right....would be a very sad day should the dreaded relagation happen but because of my love for the club i'll be one of the 10,000 hoping for a miracle next season !
Bakerjamessteven
First Team
First Team

Burnley v Leeds - News/Team/Reports/Ratings...

Post by Bakerjamessteven »

Silky wrote:I love Neil Warnock :scarf1:
Me too :-):-)