New tabs

For all your technical help queries. Ideas and suggestions for improvement also welcome.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

New tabs

Post by Sara »

F6D10F7E-F519-4F40-8A27-212471AD083A.jpeg
Getting new tabs opening navigating around the site, with this message.

Think it's something to do with the betting ad, because that appears just before the new tab opens. I have the ads blocked, and it hasn't done this before.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Re: New tabs

Post by Sara »

Anyone else got any problems with this, or any suggestions?

It means that if I leave the site, even for a couple of minutes, when I click on the next thread it reloads the page in a new tab, so I have to do everything twice, in addition to deleting the old tab with the advert, and frequently having to log back in as well.

What should be one operation has become five or six. User friendly it is not.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

On a mobile? I think it relates to a pop-under ad.

Should only appear once every 24 hours but because you have an ad-blocker it's trying to open it every time.

I'll have a look.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Thanks, yes, on a mobile. It's definitely not restricted to once every 24 hrs.

As the 'remember me' doesn't work and I have to keep logging back in if I want to dip in and out of the site, it redirects to a new tab every time I do that. Even if I've stayed logged in, but leave the site for five minutes, it happens as soon as I open a new thread.

It only started doing it recently, so something must have changed. I know others have complained about the bet365 ad before, but this is the first time I've been aware of it.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

SaraM wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:40 am Thanks, yes, on a mobile. It's definitely not restricted to once every 24 hrs.

As the 'remember me' doesn't work and I have to keep logging back in if I want to dip in and out of the site, it redirects to a new tab every time I do that. Even if I've stayed logged in, but leave the site for five minutes, it happens as soon as I open a new thread.

It only started doing it recently, so something must have changed. I know others have complained about the bet365 ad before, but this is the first time I've been aware of it.

I'm trialling some new code that will suppress these ads based on group membership.

Can you let me know if you still get this issue/see the ads?
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

PM sent. Got this just now:

33617EDA-0F82-4389-A7AB-D39F8B838DDA.png