Player Ratings v Fulham (a)

Predict the scores...if you can!

- LUFC Match Predictions
- Predict Six
- FA Cup Predictions

Plenty to choose from - dip in and have a go - all MOT members welcome. Just for fun.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Player Ratings v Fulham (a)

Post by 1964white »

Meslier
Dallas
Cresswell
Phillips
Firpo
Shackleton
Klich
Summerville
Rodrigo
James
Roberts
subs
Forshaw
Gelhardt
McKinstry
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team

Re: Player Ratings v Fulham (a)

Post by Byebyegeegee »

Meslier 8 - dependable as ever and a sharp penalty save at the end
Dallas 5 - always tries but not at his best at the moment
Cresswell 8 - MOM very solid game from the young lad, I have high hopes for him in the future
Phillips 7 - not his best position we know but calm and collected as usual
Firpo 5 - his 1st touch/control seems to let him down regularly. Early days but far from convincing yet
Shackleton 6 - put in a decent shift but still seems a bit lightweight and often gets edged off the ball a bit too easily
Klich 5 - fairly ineffective again
Summerville 6 - decent 1st half but faded quickly in the 2nd
James 6 - as above really
Rodrigo 6 - his forte are his exquisite turns where he completely wrong foots his marker, the problem is he’s often not quick enough to take full advantage. Apart from that not much to write home about
Roberts 5 - usual ineffective display from Tyler (anticlimax) Roberts. Although I must admit that Fulham started to get more into the game when he went off. Perhaps I’m being a little unfair.

Forshaw 4 - poor compounded by a missed penalty
Gelhardt and McKinstry - both did ok but didn’t really have long enough to be properly rated
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Meslier - 8 - Becoming a top quality keeper
Dallas - 6 - Getting moved around too much for me, good enough game
Cresswell - 9 - Added point as it was the debut and he showed coolness and quality
Phillips - 7.5 - Good game considering where he played
Firpo - 6 - Under pressure pen but over hit a few passes, his pace useful later in the game in defence...
Shackleton - 7
Klich - 7
Summerville - 7.5 - Excellent feet and once he finds them at this level watch out Raph
Rodrigo - 7.5 - Good game from Rodrigo again, he's beginning to settle nicely
James - 8 - Quality is definitely there, some of his touches today were another class
Roberts -7 - Did ok, top movement I thought at times and we looked worse when he came off. Needs a bit of luck to fall his way
subs
Forshaw - 6.5 - ditto, still on the comeback trail
Gelhardt - 7 - Extra point for the pen but quiet in game
McKinstry - 8 - Calm penalty and looked confident on the ball and some nice touch passing..

Overall - 7 - Thought we did well tonight against a decent in form opponent on their turf
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Lumiukko
First Team
First Team

Post by Lumiukko »

Meslier - 8 - Clean sheet, some smart saves, and a penalty save to win the shootout. Thought some of his other penalty save attempts were poor but hard to rate him down for that.
Dallas - 6 - Dependable but hardly standout.
Cresswell - 9 - MOTM for a controlled, calm, and composed game. Seeing his stats in another thread really shows how good a game he had. Obviously hard to know how he will fare in a PL game, but I feel more reassured he can do a job if needed in our defence.
Phillips - 7 - Did what he needed to do a CB, and played us out of trouble a few times. Missed him in the middle of the park.
Firpo - 6 - Hot and miss but glimpses of what he can do. A couple of excellent midfield cover tackles/interceptions during the second half. Excellent penalty.
Shackleton - 7 - Full of energy and put himself around. His pace is a useful asset, but just wish he wasn't so lightweight as he does get bumped off the ball a lot.
Klich - 5 - Faded quickly in the game but did have one excellent build up with play with Rodrigo to send Rodrigo through and should have had an assist.
Summerville - 8 - Another young'un who shined. Fast feet, got his head up, and looked to cause issues every time he took the ball on. Faded in second half which is no surprise given the step up from U23s.
Rodrigo - 7.5 - Lots of nice work in the first half from Rodrigo and really ought to have one or two goals. Did a lot of the hard work without the end product. Not sure where his shooting boots are right now as last season his conversion rate was excellent.
James - 7 - Glimpses of what his pace can do. Tidy display without ever really setting the game on fire. Cool as you like for the penalty kick.
Roberts - 7 - Reluctant 7 from me. Really not sure if it should be less but it would be unfair to score him less than James. Just wish he could figure it all out as I am still no wiser to what his best position is.

subs
Forshaw - 6 - Didn't do anything wrong in regulation time but most of his passes were sideways and backwards. Hopefully he can slowly play him back into top level game.
Gelhardt - 6 - Reluctantly scoring Joffers here. Hard to rate as he never received the ball and I would not put that down to poor positioning but more our lack of ooomph by that part of the game. I really did not want to see the game going that way for his debut as it never gave him opportunity to shine. Word for his excellently taken penalty, ballsy in a competitive game on his debut.
McKinstry - 6.5 - See Gelhardt. Saw more of the ball where he was tidy and looked to be positive, but game was lacking from Leeds by that time. Excellent penalty under a lot of pressure.
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

Meslier 7.5 - A quality keeper and at such a young age
Dallas 5 - Doesn’t seem his self currently
Cresswell 8 - MOM an excellent debut especially as he was our only CB on the pitch
Phillips 7 - Solid, controlled performance
Firpo 5 - Anyone missing Ali yet? I really want this guy to succeed but at times he worries me
Shackleton 5.5 - Thought he was one of best players in the first half but hardly noticed him in the second
Klich 6 - Need him firing on all cylinders
Summerville 6 - decent 1st half but faded quickly in the 2nd, a yellow card for leaving one on Bryan who had been kicking him all over the pitch all night and never even got told off
James 6.5 - Faded in the second half but I didn’t realise how rapid he is, loved his tackling back and Jackie has a battle to get his place back
Rodrigo 6 - Overall a decent game but didn’t set the world on fire
Roberts 5 - Poor not involved, I like Tyler and want it to happen for him here but I feel he’d have been better served going out on loan to a top Championship team and get a full season playing upfront and scoring goals.

Forshaw 6 - thought he was ok when he came on but I don’t think he’s got the legs for the Prem but please prove me wrong as we need you at your very best in this squad
Gelhardt - did he touch the ball apart from the pen? Not on long enough to score
McKinstry - In the few minutes he was on he got involved, attacked the Fulham defence and scored a great pen
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

Meslier 7: England's number one, England's England's number one. How long before he can apply for a passport?

Dallas 6: Still not there yet but alittle better from the captain. The penalty miss was inevitable.

Cresswell 8: I must admit you don't get a good idea how big the lad is in the 23's. He made Kalvin look small. Really impressed with him. Always wanted the ball, carried it forward well, and marshalled the defense with plenty of talking. Needs a run of games to build that match sharpness at senior level. He believes in himself and that's a good sign. Given Marcelo something to consider for saturday.

Phillips 6: He'll play anywhere, he's Kalvin Phillips and he'll play anywhere. Great pen.

Firpo 6: Bigger test to come on saturday but steady enough last night. Its the defensive side that concerns me. Save that if you can on the pen.

Shackleton 6: Plenty of endeavor from Shacks as usual, another one who needs a good run of games to establish himself. He seems a lovely kid but is he ruthless enough for the big stage? Maybe he will take the James Milner route.

Klich 6: Lovely disguised ball to set Rodrigo up only for him to fluff it. I like Klich but always seems to be running out of steam. Maybe its just his style.

Summerville 5: Set off well just hit ball to Roberts slightly wide. Wanted to see him dribble at the defenders more i think he's been told to think more in terms of team ethic rather than individual stuff. Got sloppy as the game wore on.

Rodrigo 6: Should have had 2 goals. He looks ok when he finds some space to turn into. Lets hope he is starting to play himself into form. Its long over due.

James 6: Still finding his feet. His head as seemed all over the gaffe and now i know why. A couple of explosive moments to reminds us of what's in store. Now he can concentrate on his football again.

Roberts 5: Again didn't really come off for Tyler. He needs a loan spell to build some confidence. He's looking like a player who is starting to think it may never happen for him at Leeds.

subs
Forshaw 5: Does the simple things ok. His best days are behind him at Leeds. Got to admire his attitude of never giving up, he deserves to be playing somewhere regular just don't think it will be in the PL.

Gelhardt : Never got a look in in the game, but contrary to Dallas when Joe walked down with the ball to take his pen there was only one outcome. I like the kid, not sure where he fits into the Bielsa system.

McKinstry : Looked nervous on the pen and you could sense the relief and joy at how easy he stroked it home. The young kids wanted it and that says alot about them.
1964white

Re: Player Ratings v Fulham (a) Any more ratings?

Post by 1964white »

Any more ratings?
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Meslier-8
Dallas-5
Firpo-6 (1 extra for the pen)
Cresswell-8.5
KP-6.5
Shacks-6.5
Klich-6
Rodders-5.5
Summerville-7
James-6.5
Roberts-5.5
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white

Post by 1964white »

8.5 Meslier
6 Dallas
8.5 Cresswell
7.5 Phillips
6 Firpo
7 Shackleton
6 Klich
7 Summerville
5 Rodrigo
7 James
5 Roberts
subs
6 Forshaw
6 Gelhardt
6 McKinstry
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Didn't Geldherdt get about 25 minutes? I've seen players finish 2nd/3rd in the MOTM based on a lot less. Not sure why there are N/A's for him to be honest
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:15 pm Didn't Geldherdt get about 25 minutes? I've seen players finish 2nd/3rd in the MOTM based on a lot less. Not sure why there are N/A's for him to be honest
My thinking Faaip is it would be unfair to judge Joe as by no fault of his own he hardly had a kick of the ball, he took his penalty extremely well though.

I suppose I could give a difficult rating of 6/10 for our subs.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

But if that were Roberts who didn't get a kick you'd be marking him down
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:23 pm But if that were Roberts who didn't get a kick you'd be marking him down
Roberts is often involved in games.

Just think it was hard to judge Gelhardt & McKinistry last night.

Didn't help as I lost five minutes of the stream in the last ten minutes.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Top 3

Cresswell
Meslier
Phillips