Player Ratings v Southampton (a) Any more ratings?

Predict the scores...if you can!

- LUFC Match Predictions
- Predict Six
- FA Cup Predictions

Plenty to choose from - dip in and have a go - all MOT members welcome. Just for fun.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Player Ratings v Southampton (a) Any more ratings?

Post by 1964white »

Meslier
Shackleton
Llorente
Cooper
Dallas
Struijk
Klich
Roberts
James
Harrison
Rodrigo
subs :
Forshaw
Gelhardt N/A
Summerville N/A

Not including Joe or Jimmy who were unfairly given less than 13 minutes to rescue us out of the :poo:
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Player Ratings v Southampton (a)

Post by The Subhuman »

Meslier - 8 - Couple of nice saves but really had little to do
Shackleton - 5 - At fault for the goal a bit, got owned by their winger, very poor in defence
Llorente - 7 - Asleep for the goal but had a better than average game
Cooper - 7 - Great block in the first half and did ok but poor out of defence
Dallas - 5 - Somethings wrong, poor passing it seemed and ran down blind alleys, we missed Firpo
Struijk - 5 - Too heavy a first touch and poor out of defence, missed some tackles. Needs more game time and probably our #4 DMF

Klich - 5 - Love you Matteus but that was just nasty today.
Roberts - 8.5 - Excellent I thought, won the ball for Harrisons shot, lovely turn for his own, great defensive work and break up play. Most of his passing found it's target and showed a lot of skill.
James - 7 - Poor first better second, never stopped working and unlucky not to steal a goal late
Harrison - 6 - Looks rusty but he did flash
Rodrigo - 4.5 - TBH I hardly noticed him

Forshaw - 5 - Rusty, there's a decent player there but his passes were off target or short
Geldherdt - 6 - One great first touch which oozed quality but I'm not sure he's ready yet
Summerville - 6 - Seemed to have 4 players around him everytime he got the ball.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team

Post by Byebyegeegee »

Meslier 7 - Despite them having 19 shots he didn’t really have that much to do, made a couple of decent saves, couldn’t do anything about the goal, distribution wasn’t great.
Shackleton 5 - Still seems a bit lightweight and therefore seems to gets bullied off the ball, needs to bulk up a bit.
Llorente 6 - Not his best performance, got caught ball watching once or twice but our best defender which isn’t saying much.
Cooper 5 - Just about acceptable, nothing more.
Dallas 4 - Tried as usual but nothing went right for him today
Struijk 3 - He’s certainly no substitute for Phillips in that position. Bielsa needs to leave him at centre back.
Klich 3 - Was miles off the pace today.
Roberts 3 - I really don’t know what Bielsa (or faaip for that matter) sees in him. Created nothing as usual.
James 6 - Saw 1 or 2 flashes from him and defended reasonably well.
Harrison 4 - One decent cross and one nice dribble into the box, nothing else.
Rodrigo 2 - Hopeless; £30m you’ve got to be kidding me.

Forshaw 2 - Didn’t think any replacement could play as badly as Rodrigo, I was wrong.
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

The worst performance i have witnessed under Bielsa.

Meslier 2: A couple of decent saves when teams press us high his kicking usually can get erratic. When there is no one to aim for tho it must be tough.

Shackleton 2: Can't really remember him doing a lot other than his usual high energy.

Llorente 2: Left for dead for the goal. Juts a poor day for everyone.

Cooper 3: The best defender for me. One great block i can recall on the edge of the box.

Dallas 1: He's looking like the player from 3/4 years ago, not quite believing in himself at the minute. Improved slightly second half.

Struijk 1: His worst game for me he was all over the show. At one point he just fell over like he had been drinking all night. Poor show from a good player.

Klich 1: Nothing came off today for our most creative player on the pitch today. Sloppy in possession and not really at the races.

Roberts 1: A couple of good pieces of skill doesn't make a performance. Again didn't take his chance.

James 1: One lung busting run in the match with the ball. More of that please, unlucky when he chased the ball down and just put the ball wide. Again not enough in a match.

Harrison 1: Where has Harrison gone. Awful performance. He's luck i don't use halves in my ratings.

Rodrigo 1: We can't keep defending him. I could have given him zero. He wants to be kissing Raph's feet.

subs :

Forshaw 1: I don't know what Bielsa was doing either. Is Marcelo's trust in the senior pros going to bite him on the arse or carry us home. We will find out.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Byebyegeegee wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:36 pm Meslier 7 - Despite them having 19 shots he didn’t really have that much to do, made a couple of decent saves, couldn’t do anything about the goal, distribution wasn’t great.
Shackleton 5 - Still seems a bit lightweight and therefore seems to gets bullied off the ball, needs to bulk up a bit.
Llorente 6 - Not his best performance, got caught ball watching once or twice but our best defender which isn’t saying much.
Cooper 5 - Just about acceptable, nothing more.
Dallas 4 - Tried as usual but nothing went right for him today
Struijk 3 - He’s certainly no substitute for Phillips in that position. Bielsa needs to leave him at centre back.
Klich 3 - Was miles off the pace today.
Roberts 3 - I really don’t know what Bielsa (or faaip for that matter) sees in him. Created nothing as usual.
James 6 - Saw 1 or 2 flashes from him and defended reasonably well.
Harrison 4 - One decent cross and one nice dribble into the box, nothing else.
Rodrigo 2 - Hopeless; £30m you’ve got to be kidding me.

Forshaw 2 - Didn’t think any replacement could play as badly as Rodrigo, I was wrong.
Please don't bring my name into this. That wasn't necessary to call me out..
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team

Post by Byebyegeegee »

faaip wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:40 pm Please don't bring my name into this. That wasn't necessary to call me out..
Sorry if I’ve offended you faaip, my comment was meant to be a bit tongue in cheek.

Having said that though, a serious question; what do you see in him? I’ll admit, and have said so many times, that he is a neat and tidy player with decent feet but for an attacker he very very rarely creates anything, very very rarely scores, every time he gets the ball you know there is an anticlimax coming. He’s had more than enough chances to prove the doubters wrong but in my opinion has yet to do so.
dester23
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by dester23 »

Meslier 6. Correct. Couldn't do much in the goal
Shackleton. 8. The player that recovered more balls from Leeds and the player with more successful dribbles from Leeds in the match. won 11/15 duels and made 6 tackles.
Llorente. 7. Correct but he got caught off guard in the goal
Cooper. 6. Same
Struijk. 3. A lot of big mistakes in defense. Won only 2/6 duels and 1/4 aerial duel.
Dallas. 4. Did not play well
Klich. 4. Average
Tyler Roberts. 5. He had good touches but he disappeared half of the match.
Harrison. 4. I don't know what is happening to him. He is a shade of what he was last season.
Rodrigo. 3. Horrible.
Dan James.5. Could been better, could been worse. The new 28 million pounds signing has to step up in these type of games.

Forshaw. 4. Looked rusty.
Geldhart 5. Nice couple of touches, nothing more.
Summerville. 4. He offered nothing to the team, it's true that he had little time in the pitch
Johnboy1965
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Johnboy1965 »

Meslier 7

Shackleton 3

Llorente 4

Cooper 4

Dallas 3

Struijk 3

Klich 2

Roberts 2

James 3

Harrison 3

Rodrigo 1

subs :

Forshaw 3
1964white

Post by 1964white »

dester23 wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:14 pm Meslier 6. Correct. Couldn't do much in the goal
Shackleton. 8. The player that recovered more balls from Leeds and the player with more successful dribbles from Leeds in the match. won 11/15 duels and made 6 tackles.
Llorente. 7. Correct but he got caught off guard in the goal
Cooper. 6. Same
Struijk. 3. A lot of big mistakes in defense. Won only 2/6 duels and 1/4 aerial duel.
Dallas. 4. Did not play well
Klich. 4. Average
Tyler Roberts. 5. He had good touches but he disappeared half of the match.
Harrison. 4. I don't know what is happening to him. He is a shade of what he was last season.
Rodrigo. 3. Horrible.
Dan James.5. Could been better, could been worse. The new 28 million pounds signing has to step up in these type of games.

Forshaw. 4. Looked rusty.
Geldhart 5. Nice couple of touches, nothing more.
Summerville. 4. He offered nothing to the team, it's true that he had little time in the pitch
Agree Dester, even though everybody else didn't rate Shacks today
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Shacks 8
no point discussing the other outfield frauds
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

6 Meslier
7 Shacketon....best player for Leeds
6 Llorente
6 Cooper
3 Dallas.
3 Struijk - Pascal is not a DM, can't recall a game when he's played well in that position
4 Klich
4 Roberts - the whole of our midfield didn't retain/pass the ball efficiently, too much pressure on our defence
5 Harrison
1 Rodrigo - where was he today?
6 James
4 Forshaw - coming on as a sub had to happen after Radz recent tweet :roll:

Geldhart - pathetic giving the kids less than 13 minutes after a shocking performance from their senior
Summerville

10 - Raphinha/Phillips as they watched on with concern showing on their faces!
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Any more ratings?
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Meslier 6

Shackleton 6

Llorente 5

Cooper 5

Dallas 5

Struijk 5

Klich 5

Roberts 4

James 6

Harrison 5

Rodrigo 4

subs :

Forshaw 5
1964white

Re: Player Ratings v Southampton (a) Any more ratings?

Post by 1964white »

Top 3

1. Meslier
2. Llorente
3. Shackleton