The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tuesday 7th December) 49ers 100% committed to Leeds takeover

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Badxb
Ballboy
Ballboy

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tuesday 7th December) 49ers 100% committed to Leeds takeover

Post by Badxb »

Guys/Gals, remember when we went down last time when everybody was getting giddy about expansion and 5 year plans etc we need to strengthen and solidify our premier league position before any of this is even discussed.
Just my opinion but i would like to see what everyone else thinks.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tuesday 7th December) 49ers 100% committed to Leeds takeover

Post by 1964white »

Badxb wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:14 am Guys/Gals, remember when we went down last time when everybody was getting giddy about expansion and 5 year plans etc we need to strengthen and solidify our premier league position before any of this is even discussed.
Welcome to MOT Badxb :tup:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

weasel wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:48 am Yes but it is the same every day. I think that the vast majority of us would ahve liked to have seen 1 or 2 more new players in the summer but repeating it every day won't change anything.

We've had a small squad for 3 1/2 years. It is how Bielsa likes it. He has always been the same, a small core group consisting of first team players of which a few can play at least a couple of positions. Hence the round pegs scenario as he likes to keep selecting from his small group so they all get games, all feel valued etc. If injuries really bite then the youth players get the chance to step up.

I doubt Bielsa will be looking to add to the squad unless someone is likely to be out injured for a long time or he feels someone needs replacing.

So we all know that. Bielsa did it at other clubs and he has done it here for 3 1/2 years. Whatever view someone has on whether his way is right or wrong bringing it up every day won't change a thing.
He needs to change his habits or else we are in serious trouble after Kalvin/Paddy's injuries revealed yesterday.

We have to talk about something, if not this forum would be as dead as a dodo :roll: Probably would suit some of our members!
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

v Chelsea

Meslier - best we have
Ayling - quality rwb
Llorente - #1 CD
Cresswell - Some would say he should be starting anyway
Firpo - Clever LWB improving by the game
Struijk - Will be a quality, with game time, DMF and has played well there this season already
Forshaw - Has been a very good #8 since returning
Raphinha - Class
James - Fast and improving
Dallas
Gelhardt - Again some say he should be starting anyway, technically better than Paddy

Rodrigo, Shackleton, Harrison, Hjelde, Summervillle, Bate, Roberts, Klaessen

All these injuries and still no room for Roberts to start

That would be my 11 for Chelsea, but I'm sure MB will come up with his variation
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
60sUnited
First Team
First Team

Post by 60sUnited »

With regard to our current injuries, my feelings, although a bit pessimistic, are that even if we had our full squad available I would expect 3 or 4 nil defeats from the Chelsea, City, Liverpool and Arsenal games, so with 2 or 3 key players out we will just maybe lose a bit heavier ! Then it will be January and hopefully things will improve...just got to hope that our rivals don't accrue many points over the coming weeks.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

60sUnited wrote:With regard to our current injuries, my feelings, although a bit pessimistic, are that even if we had our full squad available I would expect 3 or 4 nil defeats from the Chelsea, City, Liverpool and Arsenal games, so with 2 or 3 key players out we will just maybe lose a bit heavier ! Then it will be January and hopefully things will improve...just got to hope that our rivals don't accrue many points over the coming weeks.
My thoughts too. They may as well be out for these games as opposed to the really big games coming up after New Year...the 6 pointers. Think you are spot on regarding the scores as well unless every single player has a blinder for 4 games in a row.

Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk

Lumiukko
First Team
First Team

Post by Lumiukko »

BGwhite wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:50 am My thoughts too. They may as well be out for these games as opposed to the really big games coming up after New Year...the 6 pointers. Think you are spot on regarding the scores as well unless every single player has a blinder for 4 games in a row.

Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk
Definitely could be a a 4-0 or 5-0 among these December fixtures, and perhaps in more than one game. But with games coming thick and fast, potential suspensions or injuries to key players in opposition teams, there's always the chance we catch a team on and off day and sneak a point or two here and there, But certainly, I agree, this month is damage limitation and looking forward to January fixtures for some meaningful points.
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

Ellandback1 wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:06 pm Whats the alternative?

Chinese owners?

Arab owners?

Stick with Radz...
Morning EB I hoping to win big on the lottery ;-)
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Carrick Dave »

Badxb wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:14 am Guys/Gals, remember when we went down last time when everybody was getting giddy about expansion and 5 year plans etc we need to strengthen and solidify our premier league position before any of this is even discussed.
Welcome aboard - any relation to Xbpod by any chance?
Badxb
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Badxb »

Sorry bud no not at all
Jimang
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Jimang »

The only way to consistently perform at the highest level now is to have lots of money to buy the very best players. For that reason I would welcome a takeover by the 49ers. Sadly those days when more teams could compete on a level playing field are long gone. At the end of the day money talks, and it is talking at City, Chelsea, Liverpool and United, and I suspect it will start talking at Newcastle soon. A big investment could put us in that company.
MightyWhites
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by MightyWhites »

Jimang wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 8:11 pm The only way to consistently perform at the highest level now is to have lots of money to buy the very best players. For that reason I would welcome a takeover by the 49ers. Sadly those days when more teams could compete on a level playing field are long gone. At the end of the day money talks, and it is talking at City, Chelsea, Liverpool and United, and I suspect it will start talking at Newcastle soon. A big investment could put us in that company.
"And United"! A disgraceful statement to use on a Leeds forum FFS!
Scoobychief
Manager
Manager

Post by Scoobychief »

Radzs put 130m in when we got promoted and 1 season due to covid and no fans we did well. 2nd season as allraedy stated you need to spend to accumulate so 2nd season ie this summer he should have spen around 130m again to rid the championship deadwood players. Of course he didn't and we are reaping the results. Simple really
Jimang
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Jimang »

MightyWhites wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 8:36 pm "And United"! A disgraceful statement to use on a Leeds forum FFS!
In regard to my previous comments, I was typing quickly giving my genuine views to contribute to the posting. I am sure most people on this Forum would rather see your thoughts on the subject matter than see you trying to score cheap points over other people. It is most likely I was supporting Leeds before you were born, so do not question my Loyalty!
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

MightyWhites wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 8:36 pm "And United"! A disgraceful statement to use on a Leeds forum FFS!
A tad harsh.

....I do get irritated mind when pundits, commentators journos etc insist on calling Scum 'United'. I find it a disrespectful to all other United teams (and there are a lot of them ) especially Leeds United.
Jimang
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Jimang »

Point taken.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Jimang wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 5:09 pmPoint taken.
How long have you been a Leeds supporter Jimang?

I went my first game in 1970, was lucky enough to see that great Revie side for a few years. :)
Jimang
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Jimang »

Hi Swan, I was 10 in 1970 and started supporting Leeds in that season. Remember the cup final and replay well. Living in the Midlands I was unable to watch them live at that time, although that came later. Obviously that team was special to me but have seen some great Leeds teams in the years since.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Jimang wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 10:00 pm Hi Swan, I was 10 in 1970 and started supporting Leeds in that season. Remember the cup final and replay well. Living in the Midlands I was unable to watch them live at that time, although that came later. Obviously that team was special to me but have seen some great Leeds teams in the years since.
It certainly was special, Jimang. I was fortunate to witness much of the Revie-era as my first match at ER was in the 63/64 season, many wonderful memories that will stay with me forever! I'm still going to home & away matches 58 years later.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 6:34 pm How long have you been a Leeds supporter Jimang?

I went my first game in 1970, was lucky enough to see that great Revie side for a few years. :)
We were probably at the same game, Swannie.