Leeds in the FA Cup draw

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Leeds in the FA Cup draw

Post by BGwhite »

1964white wrote: Maybe an opportunity to go to West Ham's new ground :-D
Even go again the week after in the league ImageImage

Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk

SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Obviously Elland Road is banned from hosting FA Cup ties :roll: 7 years without a home tie is a joke! And it's always f**king London.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

I've thought it's been rigged for years. It's the FA after all.

Broad Ford
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Broad Ford »

Being the underdog Leeds have nothing to lose and should unleash players on the fringes eagerly awaiting for a chance to show what they can do.

Imagine the headlines.
Gelhardt fires Leeds into round 4.
If you don't know where you are going, every road will get you nowhere.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

BGwhite wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:27 pm Even go again the week after in the league ImageImage

Would prefer the league game BG, probably have more chance of acquiring a ticket for the cup game because of a larger allocation. The days of me going to every game has been blown into oblivion since every glory fan & his dog are snapping up the tickets.

Where were they when we were playing the likes of Swindon, Hereford, Wycombe, Burton, Yeovil, Sutton. Rochdale, Carlisle, Oldham, etc?
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

faaip wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:28 pm So last 20 years - 5 home draws 25 away draws

We're either incredibly unlucky or the games are fixed.. Some don't believe in luck so it must be the latter
Actually considering that every year the majority of fans want us knocked out of the cups as soon as possible so that we can concentrate on the league, the administrators are obviously rigging the draw in our favour ;-)
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
VinnysTattoo
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by VinnysTattoo »

I always dread this drawer. Such a relief not to get a lower league side.

We’ve been pants in this competition over many years.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

VinnysTattoo wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:54 am I always dread this drawer. Such a relief not to get a lower league side.

We’ve been pants in this competition over many years.
As I posted in my first post, at least it won't be yet another embarrassment unless we get hammered.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

1964white wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:08 pm Would prefer the league game BG, probably have more chance of acquiring a ticket for the cup game because of a larger allocation. The days of me going to every game has been blown into oblivion since every glory fan & his dog are snapping up the tickets.

Where were they when we were playing the likes of Swindon, Hereford, Wycombe, Burton, Yeovil, Sutton. Rochdale, Carlisle, Oldham, etc?
Yeah there should be better opportunities for those who were there during the tough times. I've been to watch us in League 1 and JPT, but I can't get near a PL ticket atm.
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team

Post by Byebyegeegee »

BGwhite wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:51 pm I've thought it's been rigged for years. It's the FA after all.

Dead right BG, you only have to look at faaip’s list for proof. This is the 9th time in a row we have been drawn away from home and 6 of those have been in and around London!

The BBC not showing the draw doesn’t surprise me at all, anything that can be remotely construed as a British tradition is anathema to the Bolshevik Broadcasting Corporation these days.

Oh well, can I be the first to say “it’s not so bad we can now concentrate on the league”?
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

Muppet the Cat wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 7:18 pm Concentrating on the league it is then :roll:
Second BBGG 🙂
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team

Post by Byebyegeegee »

Muppet the Cat wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:05 pm Second BBGG 🙂
Soz Muppet must have missed that - always the bridesmaid! 😂
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

1964white wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:59 am As I posted in my first post, at least it won't be yet another embarrassment unless we get hammered.
Yeah, at least that :)

Standby for Forshaw at centre-forward, and three under 15s coming on at HT. I'm sure Moyes will be very confused by Bielsa's square pegs in round holes :roll: and wouldn't dream of taking advantage of our daft selections and substitutions ;-)
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Byebyegeegee wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:51 am Dead right BG, you only have to look at faaip’s list for proof. This is the 9th time in a row we have been drawn away from home and 6 of those have been in and around London!

The BBC not showing the draw doesn’t surprise me at all, anything that can be remotely construed as a British tradition is anathema to the Bolshevik Broadcasting Corporation these days.

Oh well, can I be the first to say “it’s not so bad we can now concentrate on the league”?
At least we won't be getting schooled by Crawley, Newport, Histon, Daggenham under 5s, this year.

Don't mind if we get massacred in the Cup as long as we go there the week after and pick up 3 points.

It's all about survival this season.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

White Riot wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:53 pm Yeah, at least that :)

Standby for Forshaw at centre-forward, and three under 15s coming on at HT. I'm sure Moyes will be very confused by Bielsa's square pegs in round holes :roll: and wouldn't dream of taking advantage of our daft selections and substitutions ;-)
:rol: :rol: :rol: :rol:

Some folk take the p*ss, but it's all very true.

More likely, our players becoming very confused. The hammers rely on staying tight & patiently waiting for set-pieces, should be our undoing :(
1964white

Post by 1964white »

White Riot wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:57 pm At least we won't be getting schooled by Crawley, Newport, Histon, Daggenham under 5s, this year.

Don't mind if we get massacred in the Cup as long as we go there the week after and pick up 3 points.

It's all about survival this season.
That will do, much more important mate.
VinnysTattoo
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by VinnysTattoo »

Gelhardt must be rubbing his hands in anticipation of being on the bench if there is a fair wind, a bag of used tenners in the managers office, and a sudden sickness bug that takes out a dozen first team players.

Poor lad will probably pick up an injury the day before as he trips over one of the several benches he’s been forced to sit on.😬
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

1964white wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 2:07 pm :rol: :rol: :rol: :rol:

Some folk take the p*ss, but it's all very true.

More likely, our players becoming very confused. The hammers rely on staying tight & patiently waiting for set-pieces, should be our undoing :(
Yeah, that's it it confuses our players more than the opposition. The opposition are just happy that Bielsa gives them a leg up, cheers Marcelo :clap:

Quality players and coaches don't need a second invitation to exploit mistakes and weaknesses, they just punish them :)
1964white

Post by 1964white »

White Riot wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 2:31 pm Yeah, that's it it confuses our players more than the opposition. The opposition are just happy that Bielsa gives them a leg up, cheers Marcelo :clap:

Quality players and coaches don't need a second invitation to exploit mistakes and weaknesses, they just punish them :)
You can get away with it in the Championship to a certain degree, the Premier League is a whole different ball game.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

1964white wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 2:42 pm You can get away with it in the Championship to a certain degree, the Premier League is a whole different ball game.
The other day we put a striker on the pitch, and I mean Bamford, and he scores right away. Who would expect that? :duno: