Positives & Negatives v Brighton (one of each please)

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Positives & Negatives v Brighton (one of each please)

Post by weasel »

Pos: A point against a team that is doing well this season - even though they Brighton are in a blip at present they aren't losing many matches.

Negative: Not a good performance but at least we improved over the course of the match and had a couple of chances to win it - however undeserved it would have been. No point beating ourselves up as we have seen many teams take undeserved points against us when it has been our poor finishing that has cost us - swings and roundabouts.
Boo Radley
First Team
First Team

Post by Boo Radley »

Positive - they are our cryptonite- even last year when were were playing so well, they turned us into shite. Same again this year but we kept a very unlikely clean sheet and got a point.

Negative - most of our play. Timid, slow, inaccurate muck for the most part.
Lumiukko
First Team
First Team

Post by Lumiukko »

+ve - A point from a game we had no right on getting anything from based on that performance.
-ve - The general vibe around the team/performances/confidence. All seems off and it's saddening.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Lumiukko wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:54 pm -ve - The general vibe around the team/performances/confidence. All seems off and it's saddening.
I don't buy that given how well we played in the first half v Tottenham. I remember thinking during that half how we looked back to our best but also knowing Tottenham would improve at half time and we needed a 2 goal cushion.

I think I'd be right in saying we have played poorly in all 3 matches against Brighton since we were promoted. For whatever reason it seems we don't seem to be able to click against them - presumably why Bielsa tinkered a bit but as we saw it was to no avail.

Goals for me though breeds confidence. As a team it is really hard keeping playing to a good level if you know you are unlikely to score. It makes you edgy as well as you know one mistake defensively and that will be the game lost. We saw in the game v Watford that although we dominated we only got the 1 goal, same as the first half v Spurs. We need to start scoring goals again and the football swagger will return more often.