Marching on Together have partnered with NordVPN

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Marching on Together have partnered with NordVPN

Post by YorkshireSquare »

We are proud to announce that Marching on Together have partnered with NordVPN. They are offering their 2-year plan for £2.44 per month plus 3 months free!

You can use a VPN to stream safely and securely. A VPN can also allow you to watch matches not being broadcast in the UK. No more “you had to be there” moments - be there. NordVPN lets you stream sports online on official channels, giving you a front-row seat in every match. Don’t resign yourself to watching the match highlights on the local news. With NordVPN, you can enjoy live sports streaming at the best speeds - wherever you are.

Share your passion for sports with your friends, not malicious snoops. Without a VPN, your data traffic is exposed over unsecured networks, including public Wi-Fi. NordVPN shields your online activities, letting you securely stream sports online in cafes, hotels, or the airport lounge.

Did you know that you can bypass any bandwidth throttling with a VPN?

If your internet service provider notices that you like to stream a lot of HD content, they may decide to throttle your bandwidth at certain times in order to limit your usage. Luckily, a VPN will keep your activity hidden from any prying eyes, including your ISP.

Once your stream has been redirected through an encrypted virtual tunnel and your IP address hidden, your ISP will have a very hard time throttling your bandwidth. If you combine this with NordVPN’s NordLynx protocol, you’ll get some of the fastest, most secure streaming available.

Streaming abroad

Have you ever paid for a streaming service and found that you don’t have access to certain content when you’re abroad? Luckily, a VPN is the perfect solution. Once your online traffic has been redirected through a VPN server, your virtual location and IP address will be replaced with that of the chosen server.

If you’re only allowed to watch your favorite shows in your home country, despite already paying for the streaming service, then simply choose a VPN server situated back home. Now you’ll have access to your favourite content no matter where you are. The good thing with NordVPN is that one account will cover up to 6 devices. That includes mobiles and tablets. Whether at home or on the move, NordVPN has you covered.

1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Marching on Together have partnered with NordVPN

Post by 1964white »

I use VPN for IPTV
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

I already use Nord but sometimes it slows the speed down too much to watch live footy so I then turn the VPN off.

Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I get a VPN with my McAfee but if I let that lapse I will consider it
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Great work though Adam
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Post by Ellandback1 »

I've just signed up!!!! Bargain price, and although I have limited VPN from my anti virus software with BitDefender, this is so much more comprehensive.

£2.44 per month!!!!!!!!
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Ellandback1 wrote:I've just signed up!!!! Bargain price, and although I have limited VPN from my anti virus software with BitDefender, this is so much more comprehensive.

£2.44 per month!!!!!!!!
I've had them 12 months and not disappointed. Hope the offer is still on in 12 months time although my IPTV service includes a VPN but I doubt it's as good as Nord, the paid for ones are generally better and safer .

Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk

mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

I'd appreciate some help here.
I have devices, android phone, Ipad & Macbook, no anti virus software except what might be on said devices.
I also have iptv, which an ex work colleague arranged for me, it runs out 22nd Oct this year, I have a holiday lodge in north yorkshire which I'm just in the midst of incorporating wifi, it's a bad area for wifi, so today I've just purchased a Huawei router and a Poynting antennae which should get me decent internet when I pop a sim card into it.
I use smarty, which I managed to watch the boxing sunday morning but had to be outside, hopefully with the above fitted it'll be good to use indoors.
Also I want to extend the iptv to my TV as well so can stream live games in the holiday home.
Any help, tips would be very welcome, thanks in advance.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Mr Swan here... which Poynting antenna have you bought? - the omni-directional or directional one? Either way, it is worth putting an App like "Network signal info" onto a phone and use the map feature to see where the mast is that you are working off (use the Smarty SIM in the phone, if you usually have the phone on a different network) then chose the correct side of the property to mount the antenna outside, as high up as possible, as that will all improve the signal strength. If the signal is poor, try a different mobile provider - most do a PAYG SIM for a tenner that you can test with, and there are online sites that tell you what is the best provider for an area by postcode.

If the router supports wi-fi, you should receive that around the property, if not you need to buy a wi-fi Access Point, and connect it to the router. Depending on what sort of thing the TV supports, you may need to get a Chromecast dongle (cheap as chips on Ebay) plug it into an HDMI port, and then use the chromecast feature of your tablet or phone to cast the stream to the TV (that's what I do for Mrs Swan)
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Thanks for that, I got the omni-directional one, set it up and this morning got an O2 sim only, I tried my smarty sim from my phone yesterday and it keeps buffering, it buffers a bit on O2 but if I stick with it it sometimes works, I clicked on one of the links one of the posters put up at half-time and that worked a treat.
I'll play around with what I have.
Much appreciated for the help.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Certainly worth using the Network Signal Info App to check where the mast is - worst case scenario, you have the the signal having to pass through all the walls of the building to get to the antennae, making it weak (more so if it is typical N. Yorks stone!) The Omni-d ones have about 4db of gain, whereas the directional ones can be around 10db (power doubles for every 3db, so it makes a difference) but do need line-of-site to work at their best.

Log in to the admin page of the router, and see what it says about the 4G / LTE signal quality and strength (it may also say what speed the 4G has established at) as that will tell you if you are flogging a dead horse, and need to try a different provider.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Swannie here....hope t'other half has helped MC. He was chief tester for BT for many a year. He was the one who kept testing/breaking Broadband until he couldn't any more so he was the one who said 'release it' so you are in very good hands! Feel free to ask him anything...he will definitely have a solution.
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Yea I really appreciate your help very much, not much of a techie back here in civvie-land , ex colleagues tought me a lot in the field but I seem to have forgotten most of it.
Once again, much appreciated.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

mentalcase wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:18 pm Yea I really appreciate your help very much, not much of a techie back here in civvie-land , ex colleagues tought me a lot in the field but I seem to have forgotten most of it.
Once again, much appreciated.
Our pleasure, you know where we are....feel free to PM if preferable :)
hector

Post by hector »

Doesn't seem as if the offer is still on..

Unless there is some way to enter a code or summat.
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

hector wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 6:37 am Doesn't seem as if the offer is still on..

Unless there is some way to enter a code or summat.

Should be 60% off via the link, £2.49 per month, £59.76 for the first 2 years
hector

Post by hector »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 5:26 pm Should be 60% off via the link, £2.49 per month, £59.76 for the first 2 years
Ah.. think the offer has changed.. only 52% off... £2.89
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu