MB post Burnley- reiterates that he doesn't expect New signings

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

MB post Burnley- reiterates that he doesn't expect New signings

Post by Cjay »

Bielsa's here - tough game - what was so hard?

The game, apart from two segments in the middle of each half, we managed to manage it. The situations we created at goal were a lot, but for them as well. The difference is for us to play well we need our creative players to be on top of their game. In the case of them, a day similar to Everton, but today in a more marked way. Three resources that were important: the capacity to force errors and take advantage through two strikers, the management of set-pieces and a very distinct, mechanical style of play.

The style of play does not demand their players shine. This is something of value when you describe a team.

Gave away possession to easily?

The same thing you said, we can say in another way. In the virtues I managed of Burnley, I said they provoked errors and took advantage. You say the same thing in a different manner. You link that more to something bad we did than a virtue of the opponent, perhaps you're in the right, your judgement and mine is through fault of our own, but there is something very true, a lot of the chances created through that aspect does not come from their creative play, it's facilitated for them. For us, the opposite happened. We need to be on top of our game to attack well, but at the same time the style of play, it has risks. So much time on the ball, if you look at the touches our players had, double the touches of the opponent in the same positions. That increases the chances of making mistakes. Favours the opponent if they want to recover the ball from us.

Do you plan to do any more strengthening in the transfer window?

We think not.

How disruptive was Firpo and Klich's absence?

They were going to play, but we always have two players in each position ready to play. If Firpo does not play and Dallas does, the sub is of a similar level.

Bamford

I've congratulated him. The club extended his contract as something done right. To be called up to your national team is important and deserved.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom