MB Pre Manure Press Conference

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

MB Pre Manure Press Conference

Post by Cjay »

Bielsa's here - signed new contract?
Good afternoon to everybody. The contract is situation is already resolved.

[Signed? Announced?]

A subject that's resolved.

Llorente and Firpo?
Firpo is available and Lllorente isn't.

[How long on Llorente?]

Subject to evolution, but one or two more weeks.

Transfers
I am satisfied with the group I am working with.

[No more incomings?]

I could not tell you because it's a hypothetical situation, but what I can tell you is the group I have, I am happy with.

What is success in 21/22?

Normally I answer these questions in the same way. My position is not to refer myself to things that have not happened. I don't want to run the risk the reality does not coincide with what I think, especially in a sport like football, which is very unexpected.

How tough a start?

Expect Man Utd to challenge for the title?

I can't refer myself to the reality of teams that are not mine.
Every game in the PL is complicated.

Phillips

He had a great performance in the Euros. He was an important part of a team which performed to a high level and this is very difficult to achieve.

How can Phillips improve further?

I would not know how to give you a precise response.

Messi to PSG

Totally unexpected news that surprised me like everybody else.

Contract details

One year as habitual.

How pleased with prep?

For me, this is an extraordinary club. It's not often you have a club designating so much investment to the improvement of the training pitches. A significant contribution economically for the tools for a manager to prepare his players are the ideal ones. Everything we need in this area, the club has resolved it with very high investment. Whether it be the pitches, the facilities, the technology. Commodities for the players and manager. Astounded by the conduct of the club.

Firpo and Klaesson

Very happy. They are very well thought out decisions. Very revised. Very analysed. All the conditions are there for them to have a good time at Leeds. That's another segment of this club which functions with very high professionalism., For a long time, I have been in pro football and very few times have I seen such a well looked after world like it his here when we sign a player. Marked evolution in this work. Every year, the club has reduced the amount of professionals and incorporated very few. This year is another example many more players have left than those arrived. That means players at the club are considered sufficient and adequate. There is a very prolific and fertile contribution from the academy. That constantly through the work of the under-18s and under-23s, those are the ones I see, but surely more work at the lower levels. They always have responses to the needs that present the need during the season. In terms of the organisation, I consider Leeds is an example and I have focused responsibility on Orta who has the structure for the arrival of players. The director of the academy and technical staff of the 23s, who give nutrients to the first team. The president, the owner who makes investments he could not have done.

Shackleton

He's recovered, he's well and available.

How important was the club's evolution in your new contract?

Of course. The most important coaches in world football would value what this club means with organisation, structure and the public. Obviously, I don't ignore there's another step to be able to get these players who triple in value where Leeds can obtain. I understand this type of power, you have to consider and take it into account. I insist the powerful clubs are not there for no reason. What I say is what Leeds produces.

Why is the squad more ready in 21/22?

Now I understand what you mean with the next step. I didn't make that reference. What I think about the evolution of a team is as time goes on and work continues there exists a possibility to polish the things that could not previously be done. If it were that way, if we managed to achieve this, we would manage to overcome the previous states Leeds have been in. The development of a style of play is not the only aspect that allows the growth of a team. After you have to maintain the enthusiasm, ambition, the desire to grow. Take on board the expectations generated by the public. There's a very special moment in the development of a team, where their recognition of what happened before disappears and the demand for what's next increases. Not all the teams have the fortitude to resolve this.

How good to see fans back?

Very happy. Without the public, the main destination, it's not the same and those who assist the game, they're a special category. They generate a link between what's happened, not the same as spectators who like what they see on the pitch. That segment of the public. Find anywhere in the world people who want to see a PL game. There isn't 5m people who suffer when Leeds lose or get excited beyond belief with a win. The heart of football is the genuine fans of Leeds United. The spectators of the world sustains the business. Those who suffer or get excited beyond belief for results are what football is.

How ideal these two clubs play on opening weekend?

I don't consider it significant. A game like this is indepent. Does not matter when it's played. Has a life of it's own.

Shackleton's status? Forshaw an option?

Shackleton can play as a full-back or interior midfielder. Year on he increases his hierarchy in the group.

Forshaw hasn't played for two years and up to now he's played 60 without any problems. Consider the process for his recovery is a longer one. Even if available he can be useful.

Thorp Arch changes

TA has improved year on year. The focus on some details weren't resolved. Free spaces not used previously have been made into space we can use. One pitch has undersoil heating so in the winter there are no problems with the weather. The facilities have been improved for other pitches in the future get the same. Path created for machinery that does the work around the pitches. A lot of minor details. Options for work to be better. All of this done with a lot of professionalism. The director of the club and those in charge have been impeccable.

Disappointed to lose Alioski?

Very sad. Due to the football part of course, but in the humane part specifically. I have a lot of affection for Alioski. I know he wanted to continue and the club wanted him to continue. After there is negotiation and interests, after these are over the affectionate part. These are mixed with economical things of this nature. To summarise, the club wanted him to continue and he wanted to stay. The negotiation did not crystalise. Does not resolve the link between Leeds and Alioski.

Longest time here than anywhere else - close to your heart?

Answers I would like to give when I no longer work here. Being inside the institution, you run the risk of being demagogic. They're interpreted by way of capturing the fans' sympathy.

How is pre-season different to last year?

Given this is the fourth year, the method we use to work generates tiredness. If you do something similar for a long time, it's natural you get bored of it. In this pre-season we tried to substitute, all the exercises and the way we transmit them. The way we demonstrate how we do them. There was some sort of novelty or evolution in the resources we used. The objective is always the same, to try to make better what we think should be done.

6-2 benefited you last season?

The answer is no. We recognised defensive problems before and after to solve. Stats show the team evolved second half of the season. I don';t see that game as the moment we improved. We were already improving them before that game.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Re: MB Pre Manure Press Conference

Post by Smudge3920 »

Such a straight shooter... love his clinical responses.
Mountain
First Team
First Team

Post by Mountain »

Surely the first time a football manager anywhere has invoked, and rejected, demagoguery!

Answers I would like to give when I no longer work here. Being inside the institution, you run the risk of being demagogic. They're interpreted by way of capturing the fans' sympathy.
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

Mountain wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:56 pm Surely the first time a football manager anywhere has invoked, and rejected, demagoguery!

Seriously.

How many of them even know what "demagogic" means? :)
CanuckMightyWhite
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by CanuckMightyWhite »

What a role model, blessed we are with his presence at our beloved club.
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

John in Louisiana wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 5:48 pm Seriously.

How many of them even know what "demagogic" means? :)
I had to look it up to be sure, John :oops: :)
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Muppet the Cat wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 7:56 pm I had to look it up to be sure, John :oops: :)
Sounds like a footballer created by a union of Argentinian and Croatian parents, or summat like that :duno: