FPL Competition - 2023/24

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Re: FPL Competition

Post by White Riot »

Cjay wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:13 pm Real mare this round for me.

Didnt realise this matchweek started Friday night so didnt get to make the 2 changes i planned
Yeah, if there's a match on Friday then the game week will start then.

When it gets to Christmas onwards you can find that some of the teams in several competitions have fixtures moved, so they may have three in a gameweek.

Which can be a goo time to use your free hit chip. One of these needs to be used in the first half of the season, and the other in the second half.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

White Riot wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:23 am Yeah, if there's a match on Friday then the game week will start then.

When it gets to Christmas onwards you can find that some of the teams in several competitions have fixtures moved, so they may have three in a gameweek.

Which can be a goo time to use your free hit chip. One of these needs to be used in the first half of the season, and the other in the second half.
When is the cut=off date for the use of the FREE HIT CHIP mate?
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

1964white wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:44 am When is the cut=off date for the use of the FREE HIT CHIP mate?
See below Leon, I gave you some duff gen.
The Wildcard Chip, where changes are permanent, can be used TWICE per season, and must firstly be used before 28-12-21 13:00 gmt.
Free Hit Chip is once per season and only results in unlimited changes for that specific game-week and then your team reverts to what it was before you played the free hit chip. From the FPL website:

Bench Boost The points scored by your bench players in the next Gameweek are included in your total.
Free Hit Make unlimited free transfers for a single Gameweek. At the next deadline your squad is returned to how it was at the start of the Gameweek.
Triple Captain Your captain points are tripled instead of doubled in the next Gameweek.
Wildcard All transfers (including those already made) in the Gameweek are free of charge.
The Bench Boost and Triple Captain chips can each be used once a season and are played when saving your team on the my team page. They can be cancelled at anytime before the Gameweek deadline.

The Free Hit chip can be used once a season, is played when confirming your transfers and can't be cancelled after confirmed.

The Wildcard chip can be used twice a season. The first wildcard will be available from the start of the season until Tue 28 Dec 13:00. The second wildcard will be available after this date in readiness for the January transfer window opening and remain available until the end of the season. The Wildcard chip is played when confirming transfers that cost points and can't be cancelled once played.

Please note that when playing either a Wildcard or your Free Hit chip, any saved free transfers will be lost. You will be back to the usual 1 free transfer the following Gameweek.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Absolutely awful for me so far.

That oversight is really costing me.

Jesus back in for Jimenez and Chillwell for Shaw were the 2 changes I was going to make ffs
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white

Post by 1964white »

White Riot wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:23 am Yeah, if there's a match on Friday then the game week will start then.

Thanks mate :tup:
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

1964white wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:09 pm Thanks mate :tup:
See the last post of mine just above here Leon :roll:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Blimey, I score 72 points & still go down the table :shock:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

White Riot wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:02 pm See the last post of mine just above here Leon :roll:
:tup: :tup: :tup:
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

1964white wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 6:11 pm :tup: :tup: :tup:
After I used the Wildcard chip I got 98 points this week :pop:
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

1964white wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 6:08 pm Blimey, I score 72 points & still go down the table :shock:
That's a tough one mate, I guess everyone has Salah :)
1964white

Post by 1964white »

White Riot wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 6:24 pm That's a tough one mate, I guess everyone has Salah :)
Just checked & the site was unavailable whilst they were amending the table, I've actually gone up two places, that's more like it. :-D
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Cjay wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:08 pm Absolutely awful for me so far.

That oversight is really costing me.

Jesus back in for Jimenez and Chillwell for Shaw were the 2 changes I was going to make ffs
Big weakness in the rules or software, in proper fantasy you can switch out right upto the time the players game kicks off. The first game should not be the cut off.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I started Lukaku but hoping Braja gets subbed in ...would give me 83 points on the week
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Real Raph dilemma.

Before he got injured i had this match earmarked as the one where i Captain Raph.

But i am not convinced he will start
Signed

King Cjay

White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

I ended up with 107 points last week, woohoo :)

Gonna have to waste my free transfer to change out my reserve goalie Raya, whose picked up a serious knee injury and out until March.

Time to look for a cheap goalie, only just put Raya in last week, wonder if that'll affect Brentford defensively, hopefully ;-)
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Just reintroduced Dallas to replace Chelsea's Kovacic in my team

Come on Stuart, do the business for me now you are showing signs of last seasons form.

A brace at Norwich would be good :-D
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

White Riot wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 12:20 pm I ended up with 107 points last week, woohoo :)

Gonna have to waste my free transfer to change out my reserve goalie Raya, whose picked up a serious knee injury and out until March.

Time to look for a cheap goalie, only just put Raya in last week, wonder if that'll affect Brentford defensively, hopefully ;-)
Congratulations :)

Probably more than I will get this month
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Made my changes only cost me 4 points as I had 2 frees.

Need a big performance from Wet Spam vs Villa and need Tuchel to do me a selection favour and Raph to make it vs Norwich
Signed

King Cjay

White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Cjay wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 5:25 pm Congratulations :)

Probably more than I will get this month
Cheers Cjay,

I've done nowt so far this season, but playing the wildcard worked a treat ;-)

You've up until Tuesday December 28th at 13:00 to use your first wildcard chip, so you should be thinking about when you're gonna play it, as it gives you unlimited permanent transfers before the first match of the game-week you play it in.

Or say for example you'd chosen Salah as your captain last week and played the Triple Captain chip you could have picked up 144 points just from Salah :o
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

Just cost me 12pts to make a few changes this week. They better pay off 🤔