Cjay

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Cjay

Post by Norm »

Please don't leave.

Before you came here there was a guy called Oscar, who was really erudite and apposite, a lot like you - for some reason he left the site and a void appeared until you came along to fill that void. I'm not sure exactly when you came here but I have always enjoyed your intelligence, contribution and opinions.

If you look at my joining date, I have been around since about 7/8 days after its inception. I've had spats with Twiggs (no longer the head prefect on here) on a few occasions and have left the site for a year or so in high dudgeon, but I've never gone anywhere else because I love this place, and this place needs you. Smudge can be curmudgeonly at times but he's ours and I'm sure he means well 100% of the time. Please give him, and us, another chance.
CheltSteve
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: Cjay

Post by CheltSteve »

Cjay
Best contributor on here.
End of.
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

CheltSteve wrote:

Cjay
End of
:shirtw:
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Would be a big loss on here, Cjay is very passionate about LUFC & football related matters.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

CJay and I agree on almost nothing bar Klich and I think we've moved apart there too. But he is an excellent if glass half empty poster. Everything is well reasoned and well presented. We've lost a few good posters recently, maybe we should all take a look at ourselves, me included. I tend to get a little short when Orta and players are slagged off. Apologies for that

I have Smudge on ignore so no idea what he posts unless someone quotes him or I feel it's safe enough to click the show button... as with the distances thread and his MOTM scores
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
billysboots
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by billysboots »

Please don’t leave, maybe take a little break from posting and just enjoying reading for a while?
There Is Only One United.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

CheltSteve wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:36 am Cjay
End of.
Absolutely correct mate 👍
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

faaip wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:39 am CJay and I agree on almost nothing bar Klich and I think we've moved apart there too. But he is an excellent if glass half empty poster. Everything is well reasoned and well presented. We've lost a few good posters recently, maybe we should all take a look at ourselves, me included. I tend to get a little short when Orta and players are slagged off. Apologies for that

I have Smudge on ignore so no idea what he posts unless someone quotes him or I feel it's safe enough to click the show button... as with the distances thread and his MOTM scores
Sensible approach Faaip
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

1964white wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:02 am Would be a big loss on here, Cjay is very passionate about LUFC & football related matters.
Completely agree :tup:
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Hey Cjay,

It will be a real shame if you leave.

I always enjoy your posts, they're always intelligent, well reasoned and backed up by the sound facts that you've taken the time to research.

This forum will be a worse place without you.

I tend to ignore those that I don't see eye to eye with, as you're gonna come across this in life in general and have to find a way to manage it.

We should all take a look in the mirror once in a while and try to show respect and grace when others display a perspective or argument that we don't agree with.

You and I have pretty much been on the same page since I started posting on here. So I'll really miss your viewpoint.

Ultimately you need to do what's best for you, as in life in general.

But as I've said this forum will be a sadder place without you, as it already is without Velo and Gessa, and a few others

Take care mate and feel free to PM me at any time as I'll always be available.

Even if you're not here we'll still be Matching On Together :clap:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Muppet the Cat wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:27 am Completely agree :tup:
He's a nice pleasant young man too.
billysboots
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by billysboots »

Please don’t leave, maybe take a little break from posting and just enjoying reading for a while?
There Is Only One United.
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

I don't think anyone on here does as much research as Cjay, certainly on players we are linked with or he would like us to sign.
I hope he has a change of heart.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager

Post by Mick Jones shoulder »

Always puts some decent well reasoned stuff on. I do find it interesting that anyone would be offended by an Internet forum and someone basically writing anonymously . I'd say thick skin is required but in all honesty it really isn't, just forget it move on , this place has no effect on real life gents👍
LUFC_BOS
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by LUFC_BOS »

Want to echo folks comments here. Find Cjay's comments highly enlighting and well thoughtout. I do not agree with them all the time but he has the common decency to allow for his comments to be debated. Always couches his words to say, i can be wrong etc., which to me asks for a fair debate to ensue. He is not adament in his opinion which i find refreshing. Always have loved the back and forth with Faaip and weasal , as it does round out the threads wlth Cjay.
Would ask Cjay to take a break but not for to long mate.

ALAW
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Mick Jones shoulder wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 12:46 pm Always puts some decent well reasoned stuff on. I do find it interesting that anyone would be offended by an Internet forum and someone basically writing anonymously . I'd say thick skin is required but in all honesty it really isn't, just forget it move on , this place has no effect on real life gents👍
A broader outlook MJ :tup:
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Post by Ellandback1 »

In the words of Kws

Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Hopefully Cjay will have a rethink but I share his frustration at times.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
BobHirst
Manager
Manager

Post by BobHirst »

As usual I missed whatever happened with Cjay. Reading Norm's post it would appear that Cjay didn't like something Smudge posted.
Cjay, don't go. I always admired your attitude that you just ignored posts you considered toxic and got on with your excellent posting. Block Smudge and get posting again.
Just for the record, I have no problem with Smudge. I find most of his posts amusing or relevant to the topic being discussed.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Sorry I’ve missed all the fun, been offline for a few days.

I would echo the comments made my many on here though to say that Cjay you are one of the best posters on this site and I always look out for and enjoy reading your contributions. Losing you would be a massive loss to the forum, it will be a far poorer place without you and I would sincerely ask you to reconsider.