Newcastle United Thread

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Newcastle United Thread - Bruce sacked!

Post by White Riot »

Cjay wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:37 pm I do wonder how many managers and players will be actually put off by the takeover?

Think about it.

This is the most controversial takeover in football, it is coming under scrutiny from not just fooball people but human rights groups, politicians, and other world media outside of football.

If you join Newcastle you wont just be asked about football in interviews you will be asked about the Saudi regime.

Any time something controversial about Saudi Arabia comes out, when Amnesty drop another bombshell (which they inevitably will) every year when the anniversary of Jamal Khashoggi's murder comes round, whenever his fiance speaks, you will be asked your view, its inevitable.

You become the public face of the Saudi regime.

For a football person who are generally not that bright that must be a terrifying prospect, one wrong quote could ruin your entire career.

Everyone looks at the positives for Newcastle FC but imo this may not be as simple as they think.
Yeah, there are more facets to this than just money.

But I wouldn't think that 90% of players will give that any more than 5 milliseconds consideration when the carrot's dangled in front of them and their agent :$$: :$$:

Different topic, but look at the behaviour of the Citeh players and others during the Covid pandemic, jetting off to London to spend their hard-earned millions on prostitutes. Not the sharpest tools in the box ;-)

For a top level coach you would expect that they fully consider the magnitude of a decision to lead Newcastle and by default be the face of the regime that owns the club. But as others have said "Money Talks" and you can guarantee that there will be plenty of top level coaches attracted by the wages and the resources that will be made available to them.

The response to questions about Saudi Arabia, etc, I guess would be "No comment, or, I'm here in a football management position and will only reply to questions regarding football". You'd expect Newcastle's management will have any coach, player, etc, reading from the same script when addressing any awkward questions, so it's not gonna be a surprise, or something they can't manage effectively.
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

1964white wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:13 pm Imagine being a sacked manager in civvy street :roll:
My company can sack me for 8 million if they want. They won't see me for dust 😂
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Belgium manager Martinez being linked. Don't want that, he'll be after Struijk :x
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

whiteswan wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:37 pm Belgium manager Martinez being linked. Don't want that, he'll be after Struijk :x
Struijk would probably go as well seems as he's laking second fiddle to cooper.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
liggy
First Team
First Team

Post by liggy »

Didn't see that coming Bruce getting the chop
They should of just stoned him :duno:
Anyhoos since the Arabs took over you can't get your hands on new tea towels all the daft lads are buying them to stick on their heeds :roll:
I promised wor Cathy some for her birthday
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Chilli D wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:15 pm My company can sack me for 8 million if they want. They won't see me for dust 😂
You wouldn't get another job with a sacking on your CV, somehow I don't think that would matter Chilli :lol:
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

1964white

Post by 1964white »

“We’d’ve won the Championship next year, League One the year after” :lol:
Bongo1874
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Bongo1874 »

whiteswan wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:37 pm Belgium manager Martinez being linked. Don't want that, he'll be after Struijk :x
No chance! I would take him at Newcastle but struijk is destined for bigger things, and will very much get game time at Elland Road, Newcastle have to get rid before even thinking of bringing in a number of players, have you seen some of the shite that plays for us 😂, shelvey is on 70k a week for a start.

Big job ahead for my club and it's going to take time and good recruitment 👍.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Good recruitment...I know just the person

Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Good ebening :)

Please be Emery.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Newcastle United Thread

Post by Cjay »

Unai Emery has turned down Newcastle.

As has Xavi, Joachim Low and Antonio Conte.

They will turn to Eddie Howe next.

Imo it was never going to be simple this for Newcastle, the Saudi regime are a really big sticking point I'd think and whilst money talks it's not as easy as they think.
Signed

King Cjay

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Also location is key. Liverpool, Manchester and London will attract the big names, even if other teams can afford them. The rest will have to live off scraps. It's why even if we got a trillionaire owner we probably would crack the top 4... We could never compete with those markets
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Rabid Mongoose
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Rabid Mongoose »

Cjay wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 6:12 pm Unai Emery has turned down Newcastle.
Dick Emery might have been more realistic.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Rabid Mongoose wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 7:46 pm Dick Emery might have been more realistic.
Ooh, you are awful, but I like you :lol:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 6:12 pm Unai Emery has turned down Newcastle.

As has Xavi, Joachim Low and Antonio Conte.

They will turn to Eddie Howe next.

Imo it was never going to be simple this for Newcastle, the Saudi regime are a really big sticking point I'd think and whilst money talks it's not as easy as they think.
Not going to be easy for them finding the right coach & players during the January window.

They may have to go down, rebuild to come up again.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 6:19 pm Also location is key. Liverpool, Manchester and London will attract the big names, even if other teams can afford them. The rest will have to live off scraps. It's why even if we got a trillionaire owner we probably would crack the top 4... We could never compete with those markets
Very true :tup:
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

faaip wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 6:19 pm Also location is key. Liverpool, Manchester and London will attract the big names, even if other teams can afford them. The rest will have to live off scraps. It's why even if we got a trillionaire owner we probably would crack the top 4... We could never compete with those markets
True :tup:

I think we would be ok tbh because we pretty close to Manchester anyway and not more than an hours drive from the footballing haven of Cheshire, Alderley Edge, Wilmslow and all those places.

Newcastle though is really the arse end of nowhere (and i say that with love, enjoyed my time up there), but its so isolated even places like Manchester and Leeds are hours away, its a lot closer to the Scottish border than it is to Manchester.

Its cold and windy as well and its just not going to be easy to attract the great and the good that far away from places they like to be as you say.
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:50 pm Not going to be easy for them finding the right coach & players during the January window.

They may have to go down, rebuild to come up again.
It wont no.

Clearly a lot of anger in the Premier League over this takeover, nobody will be in a rush to do them any favours and will at the very least make them pay through the nose.

And so they go abroad and it isnt like players abroad wont know about the controversy, you then have to convince them to join a relegation battle nowhere near the traditional places footballers like to live in this country during the winter when it will be freezing up there and play for a club that hasnt won a major trophy since 1969 and hasnt won a 1st division league title in living memory.

Money helps but this wont be an easy sell.

Oh god go down and come back up, not sure how safe the staff and players would be from the fury of their dictators :lol:
Signed

King Cjay