Newcastle United Thread

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Newcastle United Thread

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:33 am Yeah i know.

My point is its more exciting being a promotion chasing team than it is being a fan of the majority of the league, most of this league have nothing to look forward to, just midtable mediocrity or a relegation battle.

Edit . . You agreed with me at the time :)

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=35219&hilit=confession+2
Looks like I was right lol
I agree with that Weasel. We're not quite ready yet, but no shame in that. At least we haven't gambled everything we have like Derby and Villa. They can gloat and sneer all they want, but they're both reliant on loans and will face points deductions next year, we won't. We need to make sure we're not only ready to go up, but can stay up comfortably and kick on like Southampton and Leicester have done.
I do wonder what would have happened if we went up in 2019? :duno: We wouldn't have got Raph, that's for sure.
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

I do wonder what would have happened if we went up in 2019? :duno: We wouldn't have got Raph, that's for sure.

Think it would have too early, but after 14 years in the wilderness, I'd have took it, now it don't matter, we are up and hopefully staying up.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
Bongo1874
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Bongo1874 »

1964white wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:33 am We'll be ok Bongo, as we are in good hands, how quickly we progress from here on is all speculation!

You, The Fish & Spotty must feel a sense of relief after the takeover events last week, only a
matter of time before Steve Bruce leaves your club & the prospect of a new coach with one or two important signings to arrive in the January window.

Good to see you geordie fans posting on MOT, you are always welcome. :tup:
Exciting times ahead for you're club, I just don't understand some posters criticism of the club, okay fair criticism you should of got a centre midfielder in before the window shut, but every game I've watched you play this season you have been in the game and tried to play positive, to many Newcastle fans getting carried away similar to some Leeds fans that think they should go to Old Trafford and beat Man United.

Trust the process you're owners are trying to build something that will over time compete with the top 6 clubs, Marcelo has changed the culture of Leeds, now more than ever he needs supporters backing, many teams i watch guys, and they don't come close to you, what marcelo has done with they players is nothing short of incredible, Phillips shouldn't go for any less than £100mil, raph you get £70-80mil easy for him possibly more,stadium expansion plans?

Newcastle won't be up challenging right away im a realist, it will take 5-10 years before we can even get close to a Liverpool or Man City or Man utd.

Ashley neglected our club big time, the training ground needs improved, the stadium needs care, would like to see the gallowgate get expanded, and to have a 60k seater like you are trying to do with Elland road.

It takes time trust the process 👍.

I'll make a prediction right now both Newcastle and Leeds will be challenging the top 6 in 5 years.
liggy
First Team
First Team

Post by liggy »

Got to admit I find the takeover a tad worrying

Competing against £488 billion is obviously going to make it harder for Blyth Spartans to win the Northumberland senior cupj :shock:
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

liggy wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:58 am Got to admit I find the takeover a tad worrying

Competing against £488 billion is obviously going to make it harder for Blyth Spartans to win the Northumberland senior cupj :shock:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Newcastle's Saudi-led consortium are said to be discussing the managerial post with Frank Lampard, Lucien Favre while Brendan Rodgers and Steven Gerrard are the latest names being considered for the role.

Give it to Fwank :lol:
The Fish
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by The Fish »

1964white wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:20 am Newcastle's Saudi-led consortium are said to be discussing the managerial post with Frank Lampard, Lucien Favre while Brendan Rodgers and Steven Gerrard are the latest names being considered for the role.

Give it to Fwank :lol:
It's all guesswork right now. If you look at the bookies' list. Howe is rubbing shoulders with Conte and Zidane, ffs.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

The Fish wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:23 am It's all guesswork right now. If you look at the bookies' list. Howe is rubbing shoulders with Conte and Zidane, ffs.
Indeed Fish :tup: bookies rarely call managerial appointments correctly from the start.
Mountain
First Team
First Team

Post by Mountain »

I see Marcelo Bielsa at 100/1.

I'd say it's very unlikely that Bielsa, whose brother was kidnapped and tortured by a military junta that used the World Cup in 1978 to sportswash the murder of thousands, will work for a club run by genocidal despots.
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

SG90 wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:39 am The difference is Leeds fans were completely against it and let the club know. We weren't outside Elland Road with tea towels over our heads. Obviously the club realised they were wrong as it hasn't happened since.
Did we? I must have missed that SG. :tup:
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

Mountain wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:52 am Assange hid in an embassy to avoid a legal process, and is now remanded on bail subject to an extradition application.

Jamal Khashoggi went to the Saudi Consulate where he was murdered and dismembered on the orders of the NUFC owner.

I'm not sure I get the Assange reference.
What is Assange crime again? Leaking information. Remember the weapons of mass destruction and i guy called Doctor David Kelly? My point being no ones hands are clean when it comes down to power and politics and money.
Mountain
First Team
First Team

Post by Mountain »

Leeds1000 wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:52 pm What is Assange crime again? Leaking information. Remember the weapons of mass destruction and i guy called Doctor David Kelly? My point being no ones hands are clean when it comes down to power and politics and money.
But we can't just say "Assange, Doctor Kelly, beheadings, genocide...it's all the same, every country is doing the exact same thing as the Saudis". because they are not. Assange fighting his extradition through the Courts is the opposite of the fate the Saudis mete out to those they deem as threats.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Mountain wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:51 am I see Marcelo Bielsa at 100/1.

I'd say it's very unlikely that Bielsa, whose brother was kidnapped and tortured by a military junta that used the World Cup in 1978 to sportswash the murder of thousands, will work for a club run by genocidal despots.
Those odds should be 10,000/1, there is no chance of Bielsa going to Newcastle.

His next destination will be retirement, I suspect.
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

Mountain wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:24 pm But we can't just say "Assange, Doctor Kelly, beheadings, genocide...it's all the same, every country is doing the exact same thing as the Saudis". because they are not. Assange fighting his extradition through the Courts is the opposite of the fate the Saudis mete out to those they deem as threats.
I don't know what the Saudis are doing tbf Mountain other than what i read in the news. I presume they are following some sort of religious principles in the way they conduct their society. You have no idea anymore than me what goes on in the murky world of secret agents around the world.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Mountain wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:51 am I see Marcelo Bielsa at 100/1.

People said the same thing regarding the prospective Qatar takeover.

"Oh Bielsa would quit".

Except Bielsa has done work with Aspire Academy which of course is a Qatari thing.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Leeds1000 wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:48 pm Did we? I must have missed that SG. :tup:
Loads of anger and embarrassment over Twitter and forums at the time. I can't remember seeing any positivity about it. If the club were happy with the response, how comes they've haven't gone back since?
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

SG90 wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:16 pm Loads of anger and embarrassment over Twitter and forums at the time. I can't remember seeing any positivity about it. If the club were happy with the response, how comes they've haven't gone back since?
Once bitten twice shy.
Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

liggy wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:58 am Got to admit I find the takeover a tad worrying

My first thoughts ...... Oh s**t .
Are these the one's that were interested in Leeds a while back ?
Mountain
First Team
First Team

Post by Mountain »

Leeds1000 wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:38 pm I don't know what the Saudis are doing tbf Mountain other than what i read in the news. I presume they are following some sort of religious principles in the way they conduct their society. You have no idea anymore than me what goes on in the murky world of secret agents around the world.
Oh we have no idea of what happens in the world of double agents.

Just...not many of them own Premier League clubs and are into torture and murder, like the NUFC owners. A club whose fans once objected to Wonga as sponsor!
liggy
First Team
First Team

Post by liggy »

Apparently the 3 clubs most opposed to the toon takeover are man u spurs & everton
Man u were in discussions with pif in 2018 over a possible T/O poor lambs must of forgot....and that Levy fella should keep his gob shut as Spurs are next up at chop chop park