Calls for England to be banned from the World Cup...

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
liggy
First Team
First Team

Re: Calls for England to be banned from the World Cup...

Post by liggy »

It's hot its expensive
And if you meet a nice lass
After a drink or two they'll kill ya
So yup Qatar is your go to place
Mountain
First Team
First Team

Post by Mountain »

Norm wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:31 am I'm fed up of reading about BLM - everyones' lives matter, grow up and take responsibility for yourselves.
Have you sent this message to Kalvin Phillips and other BLM supporters?

In what way should he grow up and take responsibility for himself? Could you give any specifics?
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

liggy wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:30 am Moggs it stinks to the high heavens

This lot running the FA are a joke

Qatar world cup hosts ...... what a fooking joke

Its embarrassing
I despair with the world we live in liggy.
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

liggy wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 6:12 pm Spot on giving the world cup to a nation stuck in 1164

If my daughter went would she be arrested for driving

It stinks to the high heaven

Qatar ffs theyve still got slaves.
Totally agree with your points liggy but we’ve still got countless slaves in this country too. Not government sanctioned obviously, but pathetic efforts by the Home Office to eradicate this crime
WARNING: During game time, any post I make is not to be taken seriously, neither is it meant as offence. I'm a hot-blooded creature prone to moments of exasperation and expletive.
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Four arrests in hate crime probe into online racist abuse of England players.

The National Police Chiefs' Council (NPCC) said the arrests had been made as part of a hate crime investigation led by the UK Football Policing Unit.

The arrests come after Marcus Rashford, Jadon Sancho and Bukayo Saka missed penalties in the Euro 2020 final, giving Italy the win.

The NPCC said they were working to identify individuals involved in a "significant number" of reports of racist abuse targeting members of the England squad.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

liggy
First Team
First Team

Post by liggy »

Rab

What the f**k has that got to do with fifa
Giving the world cup to a barbaric country
liggy
First Team
First Team

Post by liggy »

Qatar let's go there eh
Tapas and cheap booze
Songs like a reet party country
liggy
First Team
First Team

Post by liggy »

Yup let's give the world cup to
A barbaric nation
hector

Post by hector »

I don't know about being banned from the World cup...

We should boycott the bloody games....
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

The title of the topic is "Call for england to be banned from world cup", not "why has Qatar been chosen to hold the world cup"

And the main reason is the unacceptable behaviour of the English fans of which racial abuse played a big part.

I could ask why you have decided that the focus should be on the selection Qatar and not on banning England because of fans bad behaviour?

You sort of highjacked the thread, and I dont mind that, it is a point worthy of discussion.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

liggy
First Team
First Team

Post by liggy »

Because qatar is a backward nation
It's a fooking joke of a country

Bingo booze and shaggin haven't been invented rhere
liggy
First Team
First Team

Post by liggy »

And if the fried mars bars lot get there it's a disaster waiting to happen
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

England is a violent racist nation and yet the Big Cities are bursting with prospering multiculturalism. England is a beacon of integration, just look at the English football team for evidence , and yet you wouldn't know it by the stirring news reporting. A small disgruntled racist bunch of English white football fans take to social media and we are condemned as a nation of racist bigots.. Charming. I wonder what the middle classes think..... What.. Labour is already working on them... Go figure!

How do you treat your neighbour? Thought so, with mutual respect. Same here!
hector

Post by hector »

Leeds1000 wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:03 pm

How do you treat your neighbour?
I ignore the miserable old twat!!!

There are only 2 houses here.... :) :)
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

hector wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:24 pm I ignore the miserable old twat!!!

There are only 2 houses here.... :) :)
:) If he was Black you would be doing the shopping just to please you other resident. ;-)
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

Mountain wrote:.

Have you sent this message to Kalvin Phillips and other BLM supporters?

In what way should he grow up and take responsibility for himself? Could you give any specifics?
Kalvin Phillips HAS grown up and taken responsibility for himself - I'm referring to the talking heads who keep assuming that all white people are racially biased - I have NEVER thought that way and I'm fed up of those who assume all whites are racist and don't think other lives matter. Asian lives matter, African lives matter, everyone's lives matter and that statement should be the norm. That's what I mean - race shouldn't be an issue at all, and it never has been for me, so to select a race and say their lives matter is one step away from saying others' colours are not as important as the race/colour you pick to 'matter'. That's why I don't like it, not because black lives don't matter.

I love my fellow men and women and I don't take sides - people are people and all of us need and deserve love and respect.
Mountain
First Team
First Team

Post by Mountain »

Norm wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 4:25 am Kalvin Phillips HAS grown up and taken responsibility for himself - I'm referring to the talking heads who keep assuming that all white people are racially biased - I have NEVER thought that way and I'm fed up of those who assume all whites are racist and don't think other lives matter. Asian lives matter, African lives matter, everyone's lives matter and that statement should be the norm. That's what I mean - race shouldn't be an issue at all, and it never has been for me, so to select a race and say their lives matter is one step away from saying others' colours are not as important as the race/colour you pick to 'matter'. That's why I don't like it, not because black lives don't matter.

I love my fellow men and women and I don't take sides - people are people and all of us need and deserve love and respect.
But that's an utterly nonsense argument, and I do not believe that at this stage you or anyone really thinks that the phrase Black Lives Matter is an assertion that they matter more than Asians or others. It is pointing out that they matter as much as any other race, in a world where many clearly refuse to accept that.

This happens in all walks of life, I'm certain if someone said "fighting cancer is important" you would not say "well fighting all diseases is important, I'm fed up with those who think fighting other diseases is unimportant"

Your argument amounts to claiming that Phillips and others are asserting that black people matter more than Asians. That he and others are asserting that other races and ethnic groups "don't matter" or are "not as important". That is simply not true and is to misrepresent what he is saying and doing.

I do agree race should not be an issue. But for many, it is. And us Leeds fans should know this, after all Phillips had to.work with someone who called another player a "f*****g n****r" and watch that player claim that he didn't know the implications of that phrase.
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

Mountain, I am not going to dignify your POV by agreeing with what you say and the way you say it - you're obviously out to get me by the way you are saying things so I'm just going to ignore anything you say in future. I know what I mean and there is no racism in what I say or the way I say it.
Mountain
First Team
First Team

Post by Mountain »

Norm wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 6:53 am you're obviously out to get me by the way you are saying things
:lol:

Are you playing the victim card in a race debate?

I'm just countering your patent hatred for the stance taken by Phillips and others and your claim that they "assume all whites are racist and don't think other lives matter. Asian lives matter, African lives matter". I think many Leeds United fans would agree he deserves our respect and support, not you or anyone twisting his position.
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

"Patent Hatred" - I didn't mention Phillips in that manner - I'm talking about you and you are obviously a skilled troublemaker and I have no wish to perpetuate this 'conversation'.