The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Friday 2nd July) - Traore available for £20m due to Wolves financial woes

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Breakfast Debate The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Friday 2nd July) - Traore available for £20m due to Wolves financial woes

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Morning. It's Friday 2nd July, and here are the latest headlines from Road...

Traore available for £20 million

Telegraph journalist Matt Law has stated that Wolves winger Adama Traore could be available this Summer for as little as £20 million as Wolves face financial woes and need to balance the books. Speaking on the 'London Is Blue' podcast last, Law stated...

Wolves have got money problems, wolves have got issues, and he’s not signed a new contract yet. I think you’re looking at sort of £20 million – £25 million, which is sensible money for a good squad player who can make an impact.

Is £20 million a bargain price for Traore? The winger was signed by Wolves for an undisclosed fee in the region of £18 million back in 2018 but was valued at £70 million last summer. A fee of £20 million would represents a whopping £50 million decrease on his alleged highest valuation. But would Traore offer anything different?Would his power and speed make him a valuable weapon in Marcelo Bielsa's armoury? It is well known Leeds Director of football Victor Orta likes the Spanish International; he signed him for Boro in 2016. He once described the power house as the most exciting prospect in Spain!

Firpo to undergo medical this weekend

Junior Firpo will fly to the UK this weekend to undergo his medical, before penning a four year deal at Elland Road. The news came from Barcelona sports radio broadcaster Gerard Romero from his official twitter account. Translated from Catalan, his statement reads...

Tomorrow the Barça-Leeds agreement has to be closed, the variables need to be defined. The fixed will be around £15m. The player will travel this weekend to the United Kingdom to undergo a medical examination and sign a 4-year contract."

Bowyer delivers verdict on Miller move

Former fans favourite, now Birmingham Manager Lee Bowyer has spoken about Amari Miller for the first time since his transfer to Leeds earlier this week. The 44yo spent seven years at Elland Road, made 203 appearances and scoring 38 goals. Even though the latter parts of his stay were turbulent, most fans will look on Bowyer with fond memories. Most memorably, he scored an 89th minute winner against AC Milan in the Champion league in 2000. Personally, it was that moment, that put Leeds back on the European map and gave them belief in themselves.

Speaking to 'Birmingham Live', the Blues boss was full of praise for Marcelo Bielsa for what he has achieved at Leeds, but believes that time will only tell whether Miller has made the right choice!

If he’s in and around the first team and training I have no doubt he will learn and improve. I introduced him because I like him. Is he ready to go and start Championship games tomorrow? I don’t believe so. We would have developed and he would have improved with us and he would have got more game-time with us.

That’s his decision, you know. He is a young lad, he has gone to a good club, I don’t know what they will do with him, but I have to say the manager there, what he has done is exceptional. If he is in and around the first team and training I have no doubt he will learn and improve.

For his career, I wouldn’t say he has chosen a bad club to go to, I know a lot about the club, it’s an excellent club, but for his development, we will have to wait and see where it goes for now. He was a great lad, he tried hard, good ability, so I wish him all the best because he is a really, really nice lad, well-mannered, which is important.

60sUnited
First Team
First Team

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Friday 2nd July) Traore available for 20m

Post by 60sUnited »

I would be very underwhelmed if we wasted £20m on Traore !
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Traore, no thanks as we don't have need for a body-builder/rugby league player.

Plus we've already wasted enough cash on Wolves cast offs in Barry Douglas and Helder Costa. So better letting them suffer the consequences of what they've created. They've lost Nuno and were dire for large portions of last season. If they're in trouble let them keep hold of their crap, big wage players and hasten relegation.

Junior Firpo is great news and again shows we're competing with the top level for quality players, as we did last summer. Alioski not a Leeds player anymore so we may need more cover at LB, depends how Bielsa sees it.

I'd really like to see us get Nandez, but he's still involved in the Copa America, so maybe that's what's holding the deal up?

With young players it's always a gamble, some of them work out like Meslier and Struijk, who both were thrown in when we had a desperate need and have excelled. Other like Jordan Stevens, Shacks, Casey, etc, haven't been able to establish themselves in the first team. It will only get more difficult for younger players to break through as we're now in the position where we can recruit senior, quality first team ready players during each transfer window.

Good luck to Amari Miller and the other kids, they will need to be patient and seize any opportunity that Bielsa provides. MB has shown patience with young players at first team level like Struijk, Meslier and Roberts. But I'm sure that patience won't last forever if these players fail to produce.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Traore, another Wolves reject who would sit on our bench more often than on than producing on the pitch.
Chilli D
Manager
Manager

Post by Chilli D »

The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

I can't help but think that Traore and Raphinha could create something special together
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

Talking about Bowyer, does anyone remember when we beat Derby after we were 3-0 down at HT.

Bowyer came on in the second half, and he scored the winner.

Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Friday 2nd July) - Traore available for £20m due to Wolves financial woes

Post by Norm »

Ellandback1 wrote:

I can't help but think that Traore and Raphinha could create something special together
Didn't know they were engaged! :mrgreen:
Last edited by Norm on Fri Jul 02, 2021 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dutch Peacock
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Friday 2nd July) - Traore available for £20m due to Wolves financial woes

Post by Dutch Peacock »

Ellandback1 wrote:I can't help but think that Traore and Raphinha could create something special together
I tend to agree, could complement each other. And with Bielsa’s training Traore could really improve, less of the body building and more running. Between 15 and 20 million seems a good price for a 25 year old premier league player.
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

If Marcelo chooses Traore I'll listen, otherwise :tdown:
HarryofOz
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by HarryofOz »

Norm wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 9:57 am If Marcelo chooses Traore I'll listen, otherwise :tdown:
Ditto
A Roman walks into a bar, sticks two fingers in the air and says 'five beers please'.
mothbanquet

Post by mothbanquet »

Norm wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 9:57 am If Marcelo chooses Traore I'll listen, otherwise :tdown:
I can understand both sides of the Traore argument but this is what it ultimately comes down to, and where my own opinion rests.

Look forward to seeing what Firpo can do!
Scoobychief
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Scoobychief »

still woudn't pay 20m for him, no thanks
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Chilli D wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 9:26 am https://www.leedsunited.com/news/team-n ... on-testing
Wow, how pre season has changed!

They should be up to their wastes in an Italian river by now surely!?
Clacton White
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Clacton White »

Expensive bench warmer , plus plenty of options in that area already .IMO look at improving the side first , then add depth . More important positions to strengthen .
Chilli D
Manager
Manager

Post by Chilli D »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 1:17 pm They should be up to their wastes in an Italian river by now surely!?
That was Hockaday that did that wasn't it?
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

Excited by the Firpo deal....side with the general opinion, if MB wants Troare then I will listen, but if he does hopefully not 20 mill!
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Not sure if it is true Wolves have financial woes. I think they are in the same boat as the rest of us.

Their last accounts didn't include the TV money from last season ( Around £40M) which was paid late due to Covid. They did miss out on around £11M hospitality ands ticket sales at the end of the first lockdown, as did many. Then like the rest of us they missed a whole season without fans, stadium events and the like. Same as the rest. That £40M will appear in the next accounts.
Also while they owe their owner over £130M( as we owe from the top ups Radz was making in the final Championship year) he isn't asking for it back yet.

Just saying
'We can wait for the next game with serenity'

'I am quite clear in my mind that one has to feel sincere love for those he leads, and if he doesn't feel it naturally, then he must learn how to feel it' Marcelo Bielsa

'Would he kill his granny to win a match?' Bobby Collins
danhirons
First Team
First Team

Post by danhirons »

Irish Ian wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 7:53 am Not sure if it is true Wolves have financial woes. I think they are in the same boat as the rest of us.

Their last accounts didn't include the TV money from last season ( Around £40M) which was paid late due to Covid. They did miss out on around £11M hospitality ands ticket sales at the end of the first lockdown, as did many. Then like the rest of us they missed a whole season without fans, stadium events and the like. Same as the rest. That £40M will appear in the next accounts.
Also while they owe their owner over £130M( as we owe from the top ups Radz was making in the final Championship year) he isn't asking for it back yet.

Just saying
yeah i think their owner is pretty rich too so not sure where the struggling for money rumours have come from
faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Post by faaip »

20M is a lot for Jacks' back up isn't it? Or would he be Raph's back up... Watching back a lot of the highlights from last season it's interesting to see how influential Helder Costa was ..still a good player, offers something different so would be my cover for either wing but he looks better on the left

And he's paid for
21/22 team - Meslier - Ayling - Firpo- Koch - Llorente - Phillips - Dallas - Raphinha - Harrison - Klich - Rodrigo