Junior Firpo

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Junior Firpo

Post by Chilli D »

1964white wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:40 am I've had the pleasure of watching three LB's I admired home & away when we were in the Championship/L1.

Charlie Taylor. We should have made a cheeky bid for him last summer.

Stephen Warnock. Never let us down, worked tirelessly.

Mickey Gray. On loan to us, but his experience shone at Leeds.

All three were proper LB's who could defend efficiently & also get forward too.

Charlie is good enough to play for Leeds now, Mickey & Stephen in their prime would have made Firpo look daft.
It shows have valuable Alioski was to our system. He wasn't the greatest defensively but he made such a difference offensively with his overlapping runs. He was good for a few goals as well.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

That's why we should have given Leif Davis a chance at the end of the season, to see if he was good enough.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Chilli D wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:53 am It shows have valuable Alioski was to our system. He wasn't the greatest defensively but he made such a difference offensively with his overlapping runs. He was good for a few goals as well.
Wasn't Ali's biggest fan at first, but he grew on me with his energy, enthusiasm & his goals of course!

I'd take Ali back anyday & demand a refund from Barcelona on Firpo.

I'll be fuming if he starts vs Palace or Brentford :x Bielsa made changes he didn't have to yesterday.

Needs to stop playing three wingers too, playing a midget upfront that can run fast is a gormless idea!
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

1964white wrote:Is Firpo actually a footballer?
Doesn't look like one to me 64. One of his passes last night went to a Brighton player about 10 yards away from the Leeds player he was aiming for.... couldn't help but laugh to myself.

Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk

VinnysTattoo
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by VinnysTattoo »

Looks a total waste of money. Worryingly the way MB works from his small squad he’ll continue to be picked.
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

Still early days for the kid. I said he may not like the weather but its looking like he may not be suited to the English game. He looks like he needs plenty of time and space to sort his head out. He may have got that at Barca where teams sat back with the slow build up play but teams are attacking us at will this season and he looks terrible.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

BGwhite wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:39 am Doesn't look like one to me 64. One of his passes last night went to a Brighton player about 10 yards away from the Leeds player he was aiming for.... couldn't help but laugh to myself.

Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk
Not forgetting the open goal he missed against Newcastle!
Scoobychief
Manager
Manager

Post by Scoobychief »

Could Firpo be sent back to Barcelona? Should be
Lumiukko
First Team
First Team

Post by Lumiukko »

I'm willing to give him a little more time, but the omens are starting to look bad. We definitely miss Alioski as he was no more of a liability at defending on current signs, and he had goals, bags of energy, enthusiasm and personality, and knew how to shithouse the opposition.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Junior Firpo vs. Burnley:

49 touches
23/30 successful passes
7 duels won
6/7 final third passes
6 ball recoveries
5/5 tackles won :gold:
3 clearances
2/3 successful take-ons :silver:
2 shots
1 shot on-target
1/1 accurate long pass
1 foul
0 times dribbled past

Screenshot 2022-01-02 21.05.27.png
Cumbriarents
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Cumbriarents »

It's been taking him and James some games to settle but I'm very happy how they are coming along now
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Magnificent today, almost Raphinha creative. MOTM by a bit of a distance, despite some great other performances from the likes of Raphinha, Klich, James, Gelhardt, Roberts and Dallas
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 9:38 pm Magnificent today, almost Raphinha creative. MOTM by a bit of a distance, despite some great other performances from the likes of Raphinha, Klich, James, Gelhardt, Roberts and Dallas
Improving & Junior's best game in a Leeds shirt.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Firpo's shot in the first half showed exactly why it must be so difficult for players to acclimatise into a Bielsa team. A left back popping up on the right side of the penalty area to get on the end of a cross and have a shot.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

weasel wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 9:50 pm Firpo's shot in the first half showed exactly why it must be so difficult for players to acclimatise into a Bielsa team. A left back popping up on the right side of the penalty area to get on the end of a cross and have a shot.
With a bit more composure, he should have scored.

Just one of four or five opportunities missed in the first-half.
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

had a really good game today - faded a bit in terms of influence in the second half but looked a lot more solid defensively and creatively going forward. needs to do it against the stronger teams as well now!
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Thought he had a good game, hopefully he's getting used to our system and style of play, he tends to grab the tricky wingers and ultimately gets a card, next season will be a telling time for him.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

1964white wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 10:09 pm With a bit more composure, he should have scored.

Harsh, he had to manufacture that flick as it wasn't a clean chance. Superb effort, loved that pass to James down the line, great vision
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 10:34 pm Harsh, he had to manufacture that flick as it wasn't a clean chance. Superb effort, loved that pass to James down the line, great vision
Firpo hits the target & he may have scored.

Still his best game for Leeds.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

1964white wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 10:09 pm With a bit more composure, he should have scored.

Was unlucky I thought with a clever idea to flick it. It needed a decent save. Struggling teams tend to snatch at chances with Raphinha's miss probably the easiest chance that was wasted today. Shows what the pressure of the situation can do to players. Hopefully a little bit of pressure ff now and the players can relax and play to the best of their ability again.