Junior Firpo

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Overman
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: Junior Firpo

Post by Overman »

Haighy wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:46 am I thought he was shite.. simple as.. 🙈

Early days, give him time etc I know.
😂 that's a pretty indepth analysisof his overall performance.

As a professional player who has played for Barcelona, struggling to do the basics at times, is a bit of a concern. Let's just hope this is part of the adjustment period and he will 'come good' eventually.
Johnboy1965
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Johnboy1965 »

Needed an upgrade on Alioski but not got it on the evidence so far.
Ali would have buried that chance Firpo had at the end of the first half and was better defensively too.
faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Post by faaip »

It took Alio 3 years to get reasonable in our defensive, he was a lot worse than Firpo when he started playing LWB for us. Also seen Alio miss a few sitters and to be honest I don't think we see Alio in that position as he patrolled the area outside of the box
21/22 team - Meslier - Ayling - Firpo- Koch - Llorente - Phillips - Dallas - Raphinha - Harrison - Klich - Rodrigo
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:36 pm It took Alio 3 years to get reasonable in our defensive, he was a lot worse than Firpo when he started playing LWB for us. Also seen Alio miss a few sitters and to be honest I don't think we see Alio in that position as he patrolled the area outside of the box
Hope youre right Faaip, yes he needs time!

I have reservations atm, I expected a more from a Barcelona/Spanish defender.

Thought Firpo was better last night though.
faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Post by faaip »

He's certainly splitting opinion right now, a lot have him as playing s**t but a few have him up there in their game rankings
21/22 team - Meslier - Ayling - Firpo- Koch - Llorente - Phillips - Dallas - Raphinha - Harrison - Klich - Rodrigo
Johnboy1965
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Johnboy1965 »

Hope he does improve but for an established professional his positioning and first touch leave a lot to be desired.
BGwhite
Manager
Manager

Post by BGwhite »

Johnboy1965 wrote:Hope he does improve but for an established professional his positioning and first touch leave a lot to be desired.
Agree

Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk

1964white

Post by 1964white »

Once again in another county & totally out of position for both goals.

Bowen tore him apart.

A signing that has made our defence worse!
VinnysTattoo
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by VinnysTattoo »

In my mind why buy a player from a team that doesn’t do much defending?

Still got to give him time though.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

VinnysTattoo wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:25 pm In my mind why buy a player from a team that doesn’t do much defending?

Still got to give him time though.
Fits in round here then Vinny we don't do any!
'We can wait for the next game with serenity'

'I am quite clear in my mind that one has to feel sincere love for those he leads, and if he doesn't feel it naturally, then he must learn how to feel it' Marcelo Bielsa

'Would he kill his granny to win a match?' Bobby Collins
BGwhite
Manager
Manager

Post by BGwhite »

1964white wrote:Once again in another county & totally out of position for both goals.

Bowen tore him apart.

Correct 64, he definitely was in another country Image

faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Post by faaip »

1964white wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:15 pm Once again in another county & totally out of position for both goals.

Bowen tore him apart.

Gandi ranked him quite high and he's a good analyst of player performance. It was Cooper at fault for the first and Shack for the second imo .. Cooper spends way too much time back pedalling, not closing down allowing players space to get away a shot... Coop was poor for the most part on Saturday,
BGwhite
Manager
Manager

Post by BGwhite »

faaip wrote: Gandi ranked him quite high and he's a good analyst of player performance. It was Cooper at fault for the first and Shack for the second imo .. Cooper spends way too much time back pedalling, not closing down allowing players space to get away a shot... Coop was poor for the most part on Saturday,
Yep because he hasn't got the speed for this level.

faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Post by faaip »

I know but that doesn't stop him trying to close down, his fear of getting beaten for pace means he gets beaten for pace but in a more dangerous area, if he closes down the space behind him gets filled if he backs away he's allowing the forward to get closer and he becomes the last line of defence.. We've conceded a few of our goals that way
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:16 pm Gandi ranked him quite high and he's a good analyst of player performance. It was Cooper at fault for the first and Shack for the second imo .. Cooper spends way too much time back pedalling, not closing down allowing players space to get away a shot... Coop was poor for the most part on Saturday,
Firpo was nowhere to be seen for their goals, the first one he was stuck out on the right & then he moved into the middle as oppose to his natural position on the left where there were oceans of space, his covering man Jack was nowhere to be seen too with Philips jogging back as Bowen raced into our box. Cooper shouldn't have to be covering the left side with Firpo standing in the middle, if he wasn't there the ball wouldn't have gone in off his backside. Junior was all over the shop yesterday apart from where he was suppose to be just as my pals have texted me from the game.
Funny how laughing boy on MOTD highlighted Firpo's deficiencies!
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:16 pm Gandi ranked him quite high and he's a good analyst of player performance. It was Cooper at fault for the first and Shack for the second imo .. Cooper spends way too much time back pedalling, not closing down allowing players space to get away a shot... Coop was poor for the most part on Saturday
Cooper stats vs. West Ham:

80% pass accuracy
72 touches
49/61 successful passes
12 duels won
9 aerial duels won
7 ball recoveries
4/9 accurate long passes
3/4 tackles won
3 blocked shots
2 interceptions
2 clearances
1 time dribbled past
1 foul
faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Post by faaip »

1964white wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:13 pm Cooper stats vs. West Ham:

80% pass accuracy
72 touches
49/61 successful passes
12 duels won
9 aerial duels won
7 ball recoveries
4/9 accurate long passes
3/4 tackles won
3 blocked shots
2 interceptions
2 clearances
1 time dribbled past
1 foul
Stats shmats, they only print the favourable and not the fact he was at fault for the goal, and if you like commentators then the commentator said he was very poor for the goal, Firpo was where he was supposed to be as a wing back, he's not a full back, and he still got back to try to cover for Cooper...

The goal was a fluke but it was Cooper's failings that allowed it to unfold
faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Post by faaip »

Also Firpo has had 5 games in the system to Coopers god knows how many and Coop still put himself out of position. He let Bowen get way to close unchallenged
Johnboy1965
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Johnboy1965 »

Firpo is a real worry for me.
The lad looks like he's never played left back in his life.
Positionally he was all over the shop.
He was over on the right at the start of the move which led to their first goal giving Bowen acres of space and leaving Coops exposed v Bowen, one of the quickest players they have.
He needs to step up and fast as at the minute he looks a liability.
BGwhite
Manager
Manager

Post by BGwhite »

Johnboy1965 wrote:Firpo is a real worry for me.
The lad looks like he's never played left back in his life.
Positionally he was all over the shop.
He was over on the right at the start of the move which led to their first goal giving Bowen acres of space and leaving Coops exposed v Bowen, one of the quickest players they have.
He needs to step up and fast as at the minute he looks a liability.
Agree there JB, he's all at sea atm. 1 game or 100 games...a multimillion £ player should have positional sense as a bare minimum. Left back or wing back he should not be over on the right ambling across the 6 yd box towards 'his' side of the pitch.