Burnley v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Phillips & Raphinha in for Koch & Roberts

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
rab_rant

Re: Burnley v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Phillips & Raphinha in for Koch & Roberts

Post by rab_rant »

The Clarets winger screamed abuse at Alioski, who he reckoned was making too much of the clash to try and get him booked.

Yet the North Macedonian reacted with a hands-to-the-ears taunt and stuck his tongue out, sparking fury on the touchline and amongst players.

McNeil was substituted almost immediately after the incident.

And referee Graham Scott had words with Clarets chief Sean Dyche and fellow boss Bielsa to calm things down.

But Alioski could now find himself in hot water after Dyche revealed his players reported the incident.

He said afterwards: "There is a report that has gone in to the referee and that will be passed on to the FA.

"One of our players has made the report and I was just there to be a witness of the report and not of the incident.

"A report has been made by one of our players to the referee and that is where it will stay for now."

Leeds boss Bielsa said afterwards: "I didn't see there was an incident between the two, if there was a gesture I didn't see it.

"Even in front of me I saw a dispute, I did not think it was too difficult to what usually happens."

The reaction from the Leeds player took the attention away from a superb display by Bielsa’s men.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Boo Radley
First Team
First Team

Re: Burnley v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Phillips & Raphinha in for Koch & Roberts

Post by Boo Radley »

rab_rant wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 3:13 pm The Clarets winger screamed abuse at Alioski, who he reckoned was making too much of the clash to try and get him booked.

Yet the North Macedonian reacted with a hands-to-the-ears taunt and stuck his tongue out, sparking fury on the touchline and amongst players.

And referee Graham Scott had words with Clarets chief Sean Dyche and fellow boss Bielsa to calm things down.

But Alioski could now find himself in hot water after Dyche revealed his players reported the incident.

He said afterwards: "There is a report that has gone in to the referee and that will be passed on to the FA.

"One of our players has made the report and I was just there to be a witness of the report and not of the incident.

"A report has been made by one of our players to the referee and that is where it will stay for now."

Leeds boss Bielsa said afterwards: "I didn't see there was an incident between the two, if there was a gesture I didn't see it.

"Even in front of me I saw a dispute, I did not think it was too difficult to what usually happens."

The reaction from the Leeds player took the attention away from a superb display by Bielsa’s men.

For a tough mob, Burnley are easily offended - laughable overreaction :roll:!
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Alioski in the playground
IMG_20210515_182016.jpg
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Alioski practicing the Haka
IMG_20210515_183216.jpg
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

rab_rant wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 3:13 pm The Clarets winger screamed abuse at Alioski, who he reckoned was making too much of the clash to try and get him booked.

Latest apparently is that McNeil spat at Alioski, which is what brought forth the gestures...

Not convinced the news is 100% authentic but it wouldn't surprise me, the louts.
Lorimer46
First Team
First Team
Twitter: @dsc67

Post by Lorimer46 »

The Alioski thing seems like a bit of an attempt at to divert the attention away from Burnley's defeat . My only mild disappointment is that Paddy didn't get a goal so he could stick two fingers up at Hoofball expert Dyche . A four goal victory away from home and a clean sheet I'll happily take that
Last edited by Lorimer46 on Sat May 15, 2021 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
" The best laid schemes o' mice an' men
Gang aft agley "
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Byebyegeegee wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 2:55 pm Mine as it happens - hoping for 10-0 v West Brom 👍🏻
Our friend Ges's birthday too.

So another stunning performance imminent :-D