Danny@Rate My Takeaway

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
wilsdenwhite
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Danny@Rate My Takeaway

Post by wilsdenwhite »

So I've come across a YouTube channel over the last week I'd like to share with you. Danny is a Yorkshire lad living in Leeds (originally from Barnsley) who basically takes it upon himself (with cameraman) to visit takeaways across the UK and film his experiences. His subscriber numbers have absolutely rocketed this this past week or two. So what makes this guy different? He tells it exactly like it is as any Yorkshireman would, is refreshingly funny without trying to be, always joking about this that or the other and takes a table and chair with him and basically plonks it down outside the takeaway and tucks in. That he looks strikingly similar to Peter Kay in both sight and sound is another matter. Plenty of his visits are around the Leeds area. The video where he visits "Grandma" in Bolton got me hooked.

Enjoy: https://www.youtube.com/c/RateMyTakeaway/videos
|||L|||E|||E|||D|||S|||
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Danny@Rate My Takeaway

Post by Smudge3920 »

:rol: ...he is hilarious, ...but 24 quid for a burger & fries wot the feck :)
Bally
First Team
First Team

Post by Bally »

I've started watching him in the last week ,some of the takeaways he's had are enough to feed at least two,like the breakfast loaf ,my favourite was the roast dinner by the side of the road😂
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Fascinating watch :burger: :fries: :hdog: :popcorn:

Seems a good bloke, very funny right out of the Peter Kay school of comedy

Unfortunately he is a walking health disaster representing our obese nation.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

The guy that does the videos is a butcher at Malcolm Michael’s in Kirkgate Market, done some pretty funny Facebook videos advertising them over the last year.

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/best-in-le ... t-18274565
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Post by becchio bear »

I watched the breakfast one from Grandma's Kitchen on my phone last week at work whilst my crappy pc had frozen for the 7th time :rant:

Does he order double quantities as it looked massive? Also looked and sounded so delicious that I had to make a full English for my tea on Monday night lol :P :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
wilsdenwhite
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by wilsdenwhite »

becchio bear wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 10:41 am I watched the breakfast one from Grandma's Kitchen on my phone last week at work whilst my crappy pc had frozen for the 7th time :rant:

Does he order double quantities as it looked massive? Also looked and sounded so delicious that I had to make a full English for my tea on Monday night lol :P :bear:
I believe that was just Grandma's standard full English. It did look great value for money didn't it. In some videos he does tend to go way overboard though, especially when he comes across these 'build your own burger' places. It seems he just can't help himself and piles everything in. It's gets messy :lol:
|||L|||E|||E|||D|||S|||
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Class videos WW :clap:

Danny is a legend. Very entertaining vids. They make you feel absolutely ravenous though :)
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Post by Ellandback1 »

If you havn't seen it yet, the chip butty, deep fried.