Seems quiet on here

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Seems quiet on here

Post by The Subhuman »

SaraM wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:34 am I joined Waccoe when I got banned from here, and then spent more time over there when Smudge was dominating this forum. Now I only pop back to be insulted for not having the covid vaccine.

:P
Smudge was a huge reason I cut back posting here, the ban was just wrong and I have no issue with you not being jabbed.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:38 pm Smudge was a huge reason I cut back posting here, the ban was just wrong and I have no issue with you not being jabbed.
Smudge has gone now Faaip, he knew how to wind people up by taking his bullying ways to a certain level without stepping way over the mark. I reckon we lost a few members because of him. Some MOT'ers liked Smudge whereas several had reservations about him.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

1964white wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 6:48 am Smudge has gone now Faaip, he knew how to wind people up by taking his bullying ways to a certain level without stepping way over the mark. I reckon we lost a few members because of him. Some MOT'ers liked Smudge whereas several had reservations about him.
It's a real shame that some very good posters left this forum as a result of Smudge's presence :(

Ultimately, it seems like he sorted himself out, as is often the case.

I think you're always gonna have the odd abrasive personality that delights in taking centre-stage in stirring s**t and finding what winds others up. I try to take it all with a pinch of salt, as you get trolls on all of these social media platforms who are just fishing for a bite.

But for me the benefits of enjoying this forum outweigh the divisive posts of the odd numpty.

As I've said before though, it would be great if people could just be pleasant and respectful with each other, if you don't like a particular viewpoint then just agree to disagree with that person, no need for insults, otherwise things just degenerate rapidly.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

White Riot wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:23 am It's a real shame that some very good posters left this forum as a result of Smudge's presence :(

Ultimately, it seems like he sorted himself out, as is often the case.

I think you're always gonna have the odd abrasive personality that delights in taking centre-stage in stirring s**t and finding what winds others up. I try to take it all with a pinch of salt, as you get trolls on all of these social media platforms who are just fishing for a bite.

But for me the benefits of enjoying this forum outweigh the divisive posts of the odd numpty.

As I've said before though, it would be great if people could just be pleasant and respectful with each other, if you don't like a particular viewpoint then just agree to disagree with that person, no need for insults, otherwise things just degenerate rapidly.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

having a crossed swords with smudge on more than a few occasions I thought that his disappearance without a fanfare without explanation was quite exemplary
1964white

Post by 1964white »

rab_rant wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:14 am having a crossed swords with smudge on more than a few occasions I thought that his disappearance without a fanfare without explanation was quite exemplary
Thank you Rab :tup:
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

I’ve been absent all week and thought I’d have missed tons of stuff, but it seems I haven’t. I’m renovating a 100 year old blacksmith property into a home for me and Mrs OB and have little time for much else ATM. It does give me time to listen to the nominated albums though, with mixed results I have to say.
On the subject of old smudger I have to say I enjoyed his black humour, but then I never fell foul of the other side I witnessed others struggle with. I’d go for a pint with him.
WARNING: During game time, any post I make is not to be taken seriously, neither is it meant as offence. I'm a hot-blooded creature prone to moments of exasperation and expletive.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Orange Box wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:14 pm I’ve been absent all week and thought I’d have missed tons of stuff, but it seems I haven’t. I’m renovating a 100 year old blacksmith property into a home for me and Mrs OB and have little time for much else ATM. It does give me time to listen to the nominated albums though, with mixed results I have to say.
On the subject of old smudger I have to say I enjoyed his black humour, but then I never fell foul of the other side I witnessed others struggle with. I’d go for a pint with him.
You'd go for a pint with anyone :lol:
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

whiteswan wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:52 pm You'd go for a pint with anyone :lol:
Busted
WARNING: During game time, any post I make is not to be taken seriously, neither is it meant as offence. I'm a hot-blooded creature prone to moments of exasperation and expletive.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Orange Box wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:14 pm I’ve been absent all week and thought I’d have missed tons of stuff, but it seems I haven’t. I’m renovating a 100 year old blacksmith property into a home for me and Mrs OB and have little time for much else ATM.
Sounds like quite a project OB. Are you doing all the work yourself?
hector

Post by hector »

whiteswan wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:52 pm You'd go for a pint with anyone :lol:
but you would already be there :P :P
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

whiteswan wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:22 pm Sounds like quite a project OB. Are you doing all the work yourself?
That I am, never done anything other than diy before, I’ve learned on the job with advice from some local builders who have become good friends. Been a four year project (part time between work shifts until last year we we moved up into temporary accommodation) but we moved in last month. If I knew how to post pics I’d post some before and after a.
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

hector wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:34 pm but you would already be there :P :P
Excuse me, but I have standards
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

hector wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:34 pm but you would already be there :P :P
I'd be in the wine bar :wine: :)
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Orange Box wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:03 pm Excuse me, but I have standards
Cheeky so and so :x

What makes you think I'd want to sup With a Cas Cubs fan anyway? :roflmao:
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

whiteswan wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:12 pm Cheeky so and so :x

What makes you think I'd want to sup With a Cas Cubs fan anyway? :roflmao:
Methinks the lady is mistaken, I was responding to dear old hectors comment. I would be delighted to share a brew with a lofthouse lass.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Orange Box wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:16 pm Methinks the lady is mistaken, I was responding to dear old hectors comment. I would be delighted to share a brew with a lofthouse lass.
My sincere apologies OB....this lady took dear hector's comment 'you would already be there' as him referring to myself :)

It would be grand to share a brew (or few )around our old stomping ground :beers:

:shhh: tell you a secret....that hector is real trouble ;-)

:lol:
Last edited by whiteswan on Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

:shhh: tell you a secret....that hector is real trouble ;-)

:lol:
[/quote]

Anybody who signs his posts DILLIGAF starts in my first team.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Orange Box wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:01 pm That I am, never done anything other than diy before, I’ve learned on the job with advice from some local builders who have become good friends. Been a four year project (part time between work shifts until last year we we moved up into temporary accommodation) but we moved in last month. If I knew how to post pics I’d post some before and after a.
Wow! Sounds an amazing project. Wish I could help with photos, would be great to see them but I'm clueless as well.....
Perhaps one of our lovely members could help?
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

It is easy to upload photos.just go to the full editor and at the very bottom you see the box with ATTACHMENTS, hit that button an choose a file from your hard drive. you then upload it and select the Inline option and your file will appear in your post surrounded by the ATTACHMENTs tag. you can then hit the SUBMIT button and the photo will appear in your post.

It is even easier from TAPATALK app on an android phone to upload from your gallery.